Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tapping sounds around the room

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    cnidocyte

cnidocyte

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:14 PM

Whenever I'm in an intense mindset I notice things start tapping around the room. Its an innocuous sound that doesn't sound out of the ordinary but the strange part is there is no reason that random things should be making tapping noises. I've noticed it most often in electronic devices. I'll be sitting them and I hear a loud sound come from the DVD player, almost like a stone hit it but it sounds like its coming from inside the device. Other people have noticed this too and confirmed that its pretty weird. I've also noticed it happen with walls and doors. Happened to my front door once, my granny was sitting in the room and when she heard it she had a look of shock on her face, probably because it wasn't a sound that could be made by someone knocking or throwing a pebble at the door so it was very out of the ordinary for a sound like that to randomly come from the door. I ran to the door and opened it to see if anyone was around but there was nobody. Funnily enough something similar happens to my dad when he is in intense mindsets. Lights flicker around him. Thats a more common thing, thats called sliding. I've never heard of this random noise thing though. The sound always appears to originate from a single point and in some rooms I noticed it will predominantly come from one area. For example in my old house, I'd be in the TV room a lot and it seemed to always come from the DVD player. In my bedroom now it seems to come from under my desk. I have a laptop on the table but I never heard anything come from it, I can't pinpoint where the sound in my bedroom comes from but its the same kinda tapping sound. I stayed the night in a friends house once and it was coming from his projector. Can anyone here relate to this?

#2    apriltricks

apriltricks

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:37 AM

Something that happens to me is that in the dead of night when I can't fall asleep, I'll hear this odd sound. I usually attribute it to various electronices whirring but the thing is that I never notice them unless it is extremely silent and I'm trying to fall asleep. I sometimes imagine that its the sound silence makes :lol: I also remember the sound whenever I read "the silence was deafening".

The tapping is odd especially since others can hear it too. This would mean its not all in your head. Do other people hear the tapping when alone or do you have to be with them? One of the more mundane things you can look into is windows and like. Also you could try getting rid of the desk and see if the tapping has shifted. You could also ask your friend if you can take apart the projector :tu:

Hopefully you figure out whats going on and when you do tell us.

-Trix

#3    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:38 AM

I have the same thing, especially when things go quiet (kind of what was stated above). Whether im outside, or inside, you sure can hear better and hear more.

the truth is out there....

#4    RNDphase

RNDphase

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

Could you explain "I'm in an intense mindset" more?

#5    Pezmo

Pezmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

• "I paint for myself. I don't know how to do anything else, anyway. Also I have to earn my living, and occupy myself." - Francis Bacon

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:01 AM

Maybe termites or ants? they tend to make noise like that and you can't really hear until its quiet.

"Cooper: Go on then Bruce, what scares you?
Bruce: The self-destructive nature of the human condition.
Spoon: You're just taking the piss now."

Quotes from the film Dog Soldiers (Best Werewolf Film I've ever seen, check it out.)

#6    cheetos07

cheetos07

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

I've heard this as well.  Happens to my TV in my room.  I always thought that it was gravity somehow influencing the parts inside the TV but I'm not sure.

#7    Virtual Particle

Virtual Particle

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

• c^2= (d/t)^2 = d^2/t^2 = (d^2) x (1/t^2)...Time is squared

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

Similar to the sound ice makes when it starts to crack up....Yeah I have some familiarity with the experience though is it actually the first time I have ever discussed the matter on the internet....I feel it is related to telekinetic ability.

By conducting a search upon "Paranornal and hearing tapping sounds." are also other opinions

Edited by Virtual Particle, 08 September 2010 - 11:40 PM.

Time is a form of communication
Consciousness transcends all states
that can be perceived as matter
Matter communicates its existence
to consciousness through time        
Man is infinite
God is more
Black Hole Creates Spectacular Light Show

#8    Virtual Particle

Virtual Particle

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

• c^2= (d/t)^2 = d^2/t^2 = (d^2) x (1/t^2)...Time is squared

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:18 AM

Have also considered, that is could have something to do? With those who know things about the future.

Any thoughts?

Time is a form of communication
Consciousness transcends all states
that can be perceived as matter
Matter communicates its existence
to consciousness through time        
Man is infinite
God is more
Black Hole Creates Spectacular Light Show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users