Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Microwave Phaser

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 08:13 PM

Another interesting experiment from the Department of Defense.

"...the VMAD is a giant version of your microwave oven, without the safety box surrounding it..."

"Official propaganda on the device is that it makes one's skin only lightbulb hot, enough to force a person to run but not enough to cook him. Of course, there is no proof this can be achieved, because the results of tests on people are classified. It's safe, insist the inventors, the air force's Directed Energy Directorate in Albuquerque."

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: The Village Voice                                                

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#2    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 10:13 PM

Excelent a safe weapon, just what we need, a weapon that will let the enemy get back up and try to kill you again a few minutes later.

I just wonder whether it will go ding after they stop firing?   tongue.gif                                                

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 January 2003 - 10:14 PM

Well at least they'll have something to cook their dinner with.  cool.gif                                                

#4    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 02:59 AM

those weapons arent made to fight an enemy at war... they are made to fight our own people.  you don't want to kill the slaves you know-  just keep them in working shape and off the streets.                                                

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#5    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 03:52 AM

This weapon system isn't intended for the battlefield, but instead is intended for purposes of peacekeeping missions and riot control. There was a special December issue of Popular Science where the whole magazine was about 21st century weapons. The magazine discussed this in greater detail, and was even unbiased, as this linked article certainly was not.                                                

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#6    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 11:55 PM

It might not kill instantly, it'll just take decades to kill someone. I don't know how they will pull off using microwaves without giving someone cancer.                                                

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users