Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Perfect Murder

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Persia

Persia

A Persian Monarchist

• 8,769 posts

• ♥ FREE PERSIA♥

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

Yes, you can kill someone using strategic mind control. It's called the nocebo effect.

In the 1970s, a man was told that he had advanced liver cancer and had only a few months to live. He died within a few months. An autopsy showed that he had a tumor much too small to be the cause of death. As far as they could tell, the diagnosis itself killed him.

http://io9.com/56395...e-nocebo-effect

Posted Image

#2    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:~in your head,lol.....seriously though............."the driest continate on earth".......which is also comparable to a land mass on another planet!!!...........

• BLACK ADDER!!!.."let's get them when and where they are most vulnerable"...*WHACK*....."just my luck to get the one that was hard".... :D

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:27 AM

View PostPersia, on 20 September 2010 - 08:04 AM, said:

Yes, you can kill someone using strategic mind control. It's called the nocebo effect.

In the 1970s, a man was told that he had advanced liver cancer and had only a few months to live. He died within a few months. An autopsy showed that he had a tumor much too small to be the cause of death. As far as they could tell, the diagnosis itself killed him.

http://io9.com/56395...e-nocebo-effect

yes...this logic/theory is really nothing new.....the mind is an incredibly powerful tool   and should be dealt with carefully........

Edited by cluey, 20 September 2010 - 10:28 AM.

Believes all people have to admit to some level of neurosis!!!
will never let my mother cut my hair again!!!!
The feet you step on today!....might be attached to the legs of the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!!!!
it is hard to sore high with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users