Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Military and Monsters

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,689 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

www.mania.com said:

While there is absolutely no doubt at all in my mind that many of the strange beasts that people such as me search for are indeed flesh-and-blood creatures of truly unknown origin and classification – such as sea-serpents, the Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas, and the monsters of Loch Ness, Scotland – others are clearly not physical beasts at all.

No, I’m not talking here about the realm of the paranormal or the supernatural – although I certainly do believe that these issues play highly significant roles in certain cryptozoological cases. Rather, I’m referring to monsters borne out of nothing less than the imaginative minds of the U.S. military. You may well ask yourselves: what on earth is Redfern raving on about? Well, I’ll tell you!

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    emberlake

emberlake

quinquagenarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

• "Not all the folklore of fairies & nature-folks are Celtic, Sidhe, Disney or Bro Grimms." ~ ember

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:54 PM

If ever I needed another reason to dislike Mr. Redfern This story seals it.  I cannot imagine what he could have possibly been thinking to write such an article... War is hell, we all know it and we know the methodology is insane sometimes.  
What we don't need is some band wagon jumping para-scientist to give us the 'details of horror' from 60 years... He could have explained it in less details and got the point across just the same...    This just makes me sick.  :angry2:

:)
"Why would you want to be normal? Normal is boring. Nobody remembers normal people." ~ Bracket
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fan of William Blanchard: His music makes my soul sing!

#3    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

• Deadpan snarker in your midst: Jokers beware. I eat jokes for fun and spit out seriousness just because that's how I roll. :P

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

I can see your point. It's sensationalism, which gets readers to read. I don't know whether to believe it, and personally, I see nothing wrong with such tactics. They attacked a patrol, which meant attacking people who had weapons. They knew the risks, fighting like that.

#4    emberlake

emberlake

quinquagenarian

• 1,525 posts

• "Not all the folklore of fairies & nature-folks are Celtic, Sidhe, Disney or Bro Grimms." ~ ember

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:20 PM

You're right, it's sensationalism and ... and... oh never mind...  :hmm:

I don't have a problem with military tactics. I think it would be clever of them to perpetuate an already familiar scary legend to help them accomplish their mission.  It would save lives on both sides.

"Why would you want to be normal? Normal is boring. Nobody remembers normal people." ~ Bracket
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

• Deadpan snarker in your midst: Jokers beware. I eat jokes for fun and spit out seriousness just because that's how I roll. :P

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:24 PM

It's a cheap way to gain readership, lol. That's the problem. Cheap and overly detailed/gory in this case. That it?

#6    emberlake

emberlake

quinquagenarian

• 1,525 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:58 PM

View PostJ.B., on 20 September 2010 - 09:24 PM, said:

It's a cheap way to gain readership, lol. That's the problem. Cheap and overly detailed/gory in this case. That it?
Bingo! You got it!  :tu:

#7    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,066 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:53 PM

Even if this one story is true, that explains less then 0.001% of the weird stuff that is going on. It can't all be psy-ops special forces soldiers. To what purpose? Why would these psy-ops guys be going around the US countryside spreading rumors of Bigfoot and Chupacabras and sea monsters??

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#8    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:03 PM

They wouldn't. Also, if we can figure it out, so can other nations. I don't mean to say every case is like this, but it's possible someone's up to something in some of these.

#9    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• 1,599 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

I have no doubt that this story and probably many others are true.... as for sensationalism.... really?  There was nothing of the type in this story... he did not say that the military made actual vampires... only that it was used as a military tactic. Which actually makes sense.  If only we could just take out one guy, and scare off an entire unit. I find that very interesting. Perhaps you (emberlake) should take time to actually read the story before you start criticizing it.

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

#10    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,487 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

is below, error came up and tried to fix it.

Edited by regeneratia, 21 September 2010 - 03:07 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#11    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,487 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:07 PM

I think the US military is a monster itself.
I call for defunding it.
It failed us on 9-11. It should get no more tax-payer dollars. Not one dollar.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#12    emberlake

emberlake

quinquagenarian

• 1,525 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

View Postzenfahr, on 21 September 2010 - 03:02 PM, said:

I have no doubt that this story and probably many others are true.... as for sensationalism.... really?  There was nothing of the type in this story... he did not say that the military made actual vampires... only that it was used as a military tactic. Which actually makes sense.  If only we could just take out one guy, and scare off an entire unit. I find that very interesting. Perhaps you (emberlake) should take time to actually read the story before you start criticizing it.
My issues with the article had zero to do with the military...
But I do Thank you so much for your suggestion.
Now, I'll return the favor and give you one in return, "Perhaps you should actually read my comments before you make a suggestion like that."

#13    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

View Postzenfahr, on 21 September 2010 - 03:02 PM, said:

She was talking about the graphic details of how they accomplished the mission, about him coming out and saying "We grabbed a guy, punctured his neck twice, and drained his blood out." It was a paraphrase, but you can see what I mean.

#14    Mr Mojo Risin

Mr Mojo Risin

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

• "One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

That's brilliant, a lil disturbing but hey.... that's war.

“I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.”  Albert Einstein

#15    Black Hound

Black Hound

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

Give the readers what they want, if you can't find anything, get creative. Whatever sales. Somebody somewhere out of control, if all else fails, the military, the government, or some "black"(not racial)business or corporation experimenting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users