Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New Home problem Need help!

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#61    khakain

khakain

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:09 AM

Well, I heard the questions being asked, but I didn't hear any answers.  My volume was maxed too.

#62    pimppapa1977

pimppapa1977

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

View Postkhakain, on 27 September 2010 - 02:09 AM, said:

Well, I heard the questions being asked, but I didn't hear any answers.  My volume was maxed too.

The first very quiet EVP is at 1:20. The next 2 are quite clear answers. I tried something i saw on Ghost hunters where you turn the top of the flashlight so it is just barely connected so that all one would have to do to turn on and off is tap it. We asked a series of questions: Is someone here? Flashlight pops on. Can you see me all the time? If so please turn off. Flashlight off, and so on. This worked 2 nights in a row. The first EVP at 1:20 seconds was very strange. We did this while our children were upstairs sleeping and the cat was locked upstairs as well. I have a decent size house 2400 Sq' so when your downstairs you dont here anything from up. When my wife asked the first question we both heard what sounded like a whisper with our own ears. I dont know if i am going to do this anymore as we are starting to get more answers and def alot more of what sounds like tapping and footsteps, or those nice steps that sound like your kid is right by your side of the bed on the carpet.

#63    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

It might be time to call someone in. You shouldn't put you and your family at risk for proof. It's not worth it, you know the truth, what else matters. Call in an investigative group that deals with a priest or a pastor and a medium or some sort of sensitive to smooth the rough edges that can do a house cleansing. No matter how silly it sounds, do what they say to the letter.
Good Luck Buddy. Let us know what happens.
Hatch.

#64    pimppapa1977

pimppapa1977

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

I think I may go down the road to a Catholic church and try some holy water today. I know this sounds silly because I am unsure of who or what this thing is. It could be family but honestly the wife and I have losty alot of sleep and its getting old very fast. Opinions? Is this a bad thing to do? I was going to try that and maybe Sage?

#65    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

http://www.wikihow.c...ic-Disturbances

This is a good way but there are several different ways to cleanse a house. The very first thing is to clean the house, get all the dust bunnies out of the corners! I would suggest that you wash all the bedding in the house too. Then follow the instructions and believe what your doing will rid your house, belief in the ritual is very important, the most important thing actually. An exellent prayer is found in the King James bible, Psalms 47 and the Lord's Prayer, an oldy but a goody. Be sure to open your windows a bit during the cleansing so the spirit can leave and make sure to close them again. Blessed oil can be put above the windows and doors in the shape of a cross afterwards to assure it doesn't come back. If it does come back it will be angry.
If this thing singled you out, moving probably wouldn't help. In the mean time do call a Priest for a house blessing. They take a long time to set up and sometimes they won't do it if there is no documented evidence found by the Priest himself so before you do the cleansing you may want to call them for an evaluation. It's up to you what you want to do, sometimes it works and sometimes it makes things worse but the key is in believing it will work and saying your prayers. It also helps to have many people praying for you at the same time, a prayer vigil.
Good luck and keep in touch. Let me know when you are doing the prayer vigil, I'll gladly say some prayers for you and your family.
Hatch.

#66    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,452 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

View Postpimppapa1977, on 27 September 2010 - 03:34 PM, said:

I think I may go down the road to a Catholic church and try some holy water today. I know this sounds silly because I am unsure of who or what this thing is. It could be family but honestly the wife and I have losty alot of sleep and its getting old very fast. Opinions? Is this a bad thing to do? I was going to try that and maybe Sage?

What you need to do is tell this thing you want it to go on a bike ride with you....Scare the bejusus out of it :)

Only advice I can give , is what I learned by reading things like this ,not by my belief ( it will not help you)....

If you have faith in anything ( you mentioned Catholic? I think) , than I think if you truly believe what you do will work , than it will.

If you question whatever it is you do , and do not have faith it will work , than whatever you are going through will probably still exist...

Just have faith , believe , and go for what you believe.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#67    The Russian Hare

The Russian Hare

Silent assassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

• Boat Tailed & Hollow Pointed

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:09 PM

From the audio it sounds like your significant other is a little more skeptical

"Do you not know that I live by war, and that peace would be my undoing?" - Sir John Hawkwood

#68    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,452 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:54 PM

I have listened also....Not to sure I hear anything " clear".....So , it is just another EVP....everyones voice paranoia...I am never have liked the evp thing , they are never clear , almost all ways have to be pointed out where and when to listen....To many variables for other things causing the " noise"......

I do not understand some things....You have been on this site before this happened , and you seem to be interested in the paranormal...You have posted some pretty amazing claims. ( TAPS uses that word for this )....Yet , when you attempt to video , nothing happens.....Than you get a flashlight to turn on and off , and do not video record that?....I am not sitting here asking you to prove anything , I am just confused to this...I would film everything possible , and have that also posted with my claims.....

Also , if it is "getting old" , and they do not show up or make noise with the camera on , than leave it on...Every night , kill 2 birds with one stone....You get to sleep , and if by chance you caught something , you would have good evidence......

So , turn on your video cam , get some sleep......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#69    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:57 AM

Hey Papa,
I was just wondering how things were going?
Hatch.

#70    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,426 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:29 AM

I do believe Jesus has the power to rid your house of whatever it is but sometimes requires genuine faith and a genuine commitment to Jesus as Lord and Savior. Sorry if this sounds overly religious, but I feel like I have to state what I truly believe...

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know....

#71    Grape Soda

Grape Soda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:04 AM

View PostSakari, on 27 September 2010 - 11:54 PM, said:

I have listened also....Not to sure I hear anything " clear".....So , it is just another EVP....everyones voice paranoia...I am never have liked the evp thing , they are never clear , almost all ways have to be pointed out where and when to listen....To many variables for other things causing the " noise"......

I do not understand some things....You have been on this site before this happened , and you seem to be interested in the paranormal...You have posted some pretty amazing claims. ( TAPS uses that word for this )....Yet , when you attempt to video , nothing happens.....Than you get a flashlight to turn on and off , and do not video record that?....I am not sitting here asking you to prove anything , I am just confused to this...I would film everything possible , and have that also posted with my claims.....

Also , if it is "getting old" , and they do not show up or make noise with the camera on , than leave it on...Every night , kill 2 birds with one stone....You get to sleep , and if by chance you caught something , you would have good evidence......

So , turn on your video cam , get some sleep......

THIS 100%!

i'm not discrediting your story  you've been a member of this site for over 3 years, but start filming all the time. if stuff is actually happening, then start capturing!

#72    CarbonBlack

CarbonBlack

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

• We are not human beings on a spiritual journey, but spiritual beings on a human journey.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:08 AM

I'm sure it's not actually the bells causing the issue. Just that they move and such, so they alert you. Bells actually have a pretty long history of REPELLING otherworldly beings. Personally, if I were you, I'd just let them alone. Being that they were purchased decorations from a craft store, nothing is going to be attached to them, and their sound can alert you to movement, so you can think of them sort of as an alarm. Especially since you don't know for sure if it was the cat playing with them.
If you want to be concerned over your recent purchases, I'd focus more on the decanters. You may want to try removing them from the house for a while and see if that helps, or if it's possible, talk to the people you bought them from and see if they'd ever had any sort of problems.

You live in a high-concentrated area for ghost activity; Gettysburg is really famous for it. It also doesn't help that paranormal activity tends to peak at the autumn equinox, which is about halloween (that's where the holiday is based from, after all; after the pagan celebration of samhain, which was for the autumn equinox), and that means that the closer you are to that day, the more things are going to happen. More than likely, you don't have anything to ACTUALLY worry about, and the theory of it being 'demonic' is probably really unlikely. In my experience, most ghosts and spirits or what have you aren't going to be out to hurt anything.

That cat you have? Pay attention to it. Animals are more keenly aware of the things going on around them than we are, removed from our instincts and nature as we are with our day-to-day lives. If it seems like it's scared or unsettled, then it's a pretty good indication that something's wrong. If it acts pretty normally, then it's not sensing danger or really feeling threatened. If there are places that it avoids very adamantly or spots it spends a lot of time staring at for no apparent reason, take note of it. The children, too, are going to be more sensitive to things. You're going to want to talk to them, when they wake up crying like that, and find out EXACTLY why they were upset. Were they scared because they heard noise, or because they actually felt like something was going to hurt them? Did they see anything weird? That kind of thing. And obviously, you're going to want to assure them that they're safe, and that you aren't going to let anything bad happen to them. You might want to let them sleep with a nightlight or a hall light on or something similar, to make them feel more safe.
You want to pay really close attention to how YOU feel, too. Are you scared/upset/worried only because you feel like something is there that shouldn't be, or do you really feel as though whatever it is is malevolent?

A good step is definitely going to be setting up that camera and seeing if you can catch anything strange going on (or at least prove whether or not it's the cat causing the ruckus). Also, try to make sure that there are no opened windows or anything that could be letting in a breeze that would move those bells.
As far as a priest goes.. I seriously wouldn't bother unless you've got very strong christian beliefs, and even then it could easily be a waste of time. A lot of priests these days don't know how to perform exorcisms on homes, or wont. Although I suspect that if you asked one to bless your home, they would. There are reports, though, that in some cases, bringing in a priest only serves to piss the entities off. And that's not necessarily because of the religious connection, but because spirits, in my experience, really don't like it when you try to forcibly remove them, and if it isn't done right, only serves to aggravate them further and make them more inclined to cause trouble. If you really, really feel like you absolutely need to try and push whatever this is out of your house, I'd advise looking into witches in your area. We tend to have greater knowledge and experience with spirits and the paranormal, and a lot of priests will probably presume (probably, because I don't know. I don't have experience with priests, but because they have to have very strong religious belief, it seems likely to me that they would jump to these kinds of conclusions)that anything in the house is automatically something derived from Satan, which is untrue. We also have a LOT of different methods for cleansing and protecting homes as something that is more or less common procedure, rather than something to be done in extreme cases when someone is presumably possessed or the like.

ANYWAY. First and foremost, you're going to want to gather all the facts about the situation that you can before taking any dramatic measures. Also, as a general rule when dealing with spirits of any kind, you're going to want to try and avoid directly communicating with it. The more strongly you acknowledge them, the more they're going to want your attention. And, though it seems difficult, try not to be too afraid of it. Be cautious, of course, but the more confidence you all have that it can't hurt you, the more true that is.

Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining things. If you have any questions about anything I've said, or anything like that, feel free to drop me a message or something and I'll do my best to clear it up for you.

Stand tall for the beast of
λ Μ ℜ I C λ
(We ain't goin' down like this, oh no.)

#73    pimppapa1977

pimppapa1977

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for the replies. Its been a tough time, although on Tuesday night i went downstairs to get some water. My cat who was laying in his tower watching me fill my cup, immediatedly looked as if something had poked him. He started his normal hissinig , jumped out of his tower and ran upstairs under my bed after he did this i heard the normal bangs on the tables and my wifes china rattling. I spoke out rather sternly again and stated that this is my home . The family really doesnt appreciate all of this. I stated you need to crossover as you are not welcome here in the name of Jesus CHrist. Honestly havent heard one damn thing since. Im hoping it has left i will keep you all posted.

#74    Grey Britain

Grey Britain

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:10 PM

well i hope its all better for you now and that this thing has left

#75    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:04 AM

I'm so glad things are better for you! Hopefully it will last.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users