Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Puma Punku

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1    The Word of Thoth

The Word of Thoth

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

They are arguably the oldest, and most baffling ruins on the face of the Earth. It is hard to imagine how they did not come to be known as one of the wonders of the world like the Great Pyramid. Spectacular in its own right, the Great Pyramid is, yet it pales in comparison to the ruins of Puma Punku in Tiahuanaco, in South America.

The ruins of Puma Punku are one of four structures in the ancient city of Tiahuanaco. The others three structures are; The Akapana Pyramid, the Kalasasaya Platform, and the Subterranean Temple.

Even with modern day technology and information, these structures defy logic, and confound those who seek to solve the mysteries that lie within them. The ruins of Puma Punku are said to be the most fascinating, and most confusing of all.

Who built these structures?

How were these structures built?

Why were these structures built?

These are all questions on the minds of those researching these ancient structures, and they are not easily answerable, if they can even be answered at all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2    The Word of Thoth

The Word of Thoth

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

Apologies, forgot to put the link in:

http://www.world-mys...s.com/mpl_6.htm

My bad...again!

#3    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,043 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

Certainly not the oldest.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#4    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

Sorry Toth, but this is what most here will say/think.... USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.

You think you started something new.... but this has been discussed to the point of puking.

"Ad nauseum" as those Roman perverts loved to call it.

#5    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,769 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:07 AM

This is the first I have seen this. I need to research now.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#6    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:06 AM

I have read about these ruins before - they approximate that they are 17,000 years old - this im unsure of as they dont go into much details on how they got to 17,000 years ?

http://www.world-mys...s.com/mpl_6.htm

Does anyone know if they have done carbon dating etc on the site ?

TIP.

EDIT - I found this ...

"Carbon-14 Dating puts the first period of Tiahuanaco back to 1,700 BC, the second period to 360 BC, and the third era from 133-374 AD to 1,200 AD "

http://www.ancient-w...atiahuanaco.htm

Seems that an extra "0" was added somewhere to make it sound better ?

TIP.

Edited by tipotep, 24 September 2010 - 02:10 AM.

The people who post in the fun and games section have a serious problem with gerbils, this includes and is not limited to Helen, JC and Oversword - they need to seek professional help stat.

#7    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 23 September 2010 - 07:09 PM, said:

Sorry Toth, but this is what most here will say/think.... USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.

You think you started something new.... but this has been discussed to the point of puking.

"Ad nauseum" as those Roman perverts loved to call it.

I can't see how any one can be blase about PP Abe?  Whether or not there is another thread on this topic is irrelevant.  If this forum discussed nothing else I for one would not be disappointed.

PP represents one of if not the greatest mystery on the face of planet earth.

Conventional explanations are wholly and totally unsatisfactory and almost certainly the work of the dismissive and the charlattan.  It was not built by indiginous indians, it does not date to 500AD and it was not built using granite pounding tools.

PP is extraordinary, mind blowing and one of the greatest esoteric secrets of our time.

Saying of Zoser:

Everyone fears time -  time fears the pyramids - the pyramids fear Puma Punku.

I am still around and watching

Z

Posted Image

#8    arglebargle

arglebargle

Psychic Spy

• 1,515 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

How exactly would you carbon date the stone structures? Just because something organic was found at the site doesn't neccesarily mean it was there at the same time. But it is usually considered sufficient evidence in archaeology for some reason I have yet to entirely understand. I mean, I can see that if they find lots of organic materials in a location and they all date from the same period, without exceptions. That this would point towards an increasingly more plausible conclusion, but I am not at all that familiar with Puma Punku, except to say that regardless of how old it is, it is a fantastic piece of work.

#9    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,399 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:30 AM

View Postzoser, on 26 September 2010 - 03:41 PM, said:

I can't see how any one can be blase about PP Abe?  Whether or not there is another thread on this topic is irrelevant.  If this forum discussed nothing else I for one would not be disappointed.

Conventional explanations are wholly and totally unsatisfactory and almost certainly the work of the dismissive and the charlattan.  It was not built by indiginous indians, it does not date to 500AD and it was not built using granite pounding tools.

PP is extraordinary, mind blowing and one of the greatest esoteric secrets of our time.

Saying of Zoser:

Z

You have made three accented declarative statements re: Amerindians/dating/technology. Documentation?

Toying with plagiarism again?

#10    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,164 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:13 AM

View PostRanyhyn, on 26 September 2010 - 07:24 PM, said:

How exactly would you carbon date the stone structures? Just because something organic was found at the site doesn't neccesarily mean it was there at the same time. But it is usually considered sufficient evidence in archaeology for some reason I have yet to entirely understand. I mean, I can see that if they find lots of organic materials in a location and they all date from the same period, without exceptions. That this would point towards an increasingly more plausible conclusion, but I am not at all that familiar with Puma Punku, except to say that regardless of how old it is, it is a fantastic piece of work.

It would be alot easier if stone had enough carbon to date but ..... i hear what your saying , how do they know the organic material was there when the stones were laid ? Really they can only guess but atleast it gives us a guideline to say , well they are atleast XXXX years old or older .
Either way im sure if they invent some way to work out when a stone was cut - there would be a fair few dates of certain structures that would need to be re calculated  <_<

TIP.

The people who post in the fun and games section have a serious problem with gerbils, this includes and is not limited to Helen, JC and Oversword - they need to seek professional help stat.

#11    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:13 AM

View PostThe Word of Thoth, on 23 September 2010 - 02:52 PM, said:

They are arguably the oldest, and most baffling ruins on the face of the Earth. It is hard to imagine how they did not come to be known as one of the wonders of the world like the Great Pyramid. Spectacular in its own right, the Great Pyramid is, yet it pales in comparison to the ruins of Puma Punku in Tiahuanaco, in South America.

The ruins of Puma Punku are one of four structures in the ancient city of Tiahuanaco. The others three structures are; The Akapana Pyramid, the Kalasasaya Platform, and the Subterranean Temple.

Even with modern day technology and information, these structures defy logic, and confound those who seek to solve the mysteries that lie within them. The ruins of Puma Punku are said to be the most fascinating, and most confusing of all.

Who built these structures?

How were these structures built?

Why were these structures built?

These are all questions on the minds of those researching these ancient structures, and they are not easily answerable, if they can even be answered at all.

These structures do not defy logic at all, I'm always surprised that people would say that. They are most certainly impressive, yes, no argument there, but defying logic? Sorry but no.

This has been already widely discussed here in UM though, as Abramelin dd mention.
This threadand this thread, to give but two examples. There is very little that has not already been discussed. I would consider reading the threads, if only for the great amount of info they contain. They also contain a great amount of fringe ideas, but hey that's to be expected, it is a discussion forum after all.

Saying of Zoser:

Z

Conventional explanations are wholly and totally unsatisfactory in your eyes only Zoser. Since it was not built by indigenous Indians, it does not date to 500AD and it was not built using granite pounding tools, care to give your explanation and source it?

Somebody like you, with so much disagreement and ideas, must surely have their own theory? Or at least explain what lead you to this conclusion? And spare us the esoteric stuff you usually spout, that's just not cutting it.
Oh and btw, You are correct, Puma Punku is older than 500 AD, most of what can still be seen around there was built in between 1500 BC and 200 BC. Nobody has ever contested that fact. Where did you get that date?

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#12    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,043 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

View Posttipotep, on 24 September 2010 - 02:06 AM, said:

Seems that an extra "0" was added somewhere to make it sound better ?

TIP.
The older date was based on some since-discredited archaeoastronomy.  Posnanski was his name - or something like that anyway.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#13    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

Saying of Zoser:

Z

I am not being blase about this, Zoser.

And that there are several other threads about this topic is relevant: if you just add to an older thread, you will have all the info together in one thread, and you won't have to regurge everything again.

#14    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:16 PM

Check this out and try and explain how this precision cut was made.

Attached Files

Edited by zoser, 28 September 2010 - 04:24 PM.

Posted Image

#15    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 27 September 2010 - 07:13 AM, said:

These structures do not defy logic at all, I'm always surprised that people would say that. They are most certainly impressive, yes, no argument there, but defying logic? Sorry but no.

This has been already widely discussed here in UM though, as Abramelin dd mention.
This threadand this thread, to give but two examples. There is very little that has not already been discussed. I would consider reading the threads, if only for the great amount of info they contain. They also contain a great amount of fringe ideas, but hey that's to be expected, it is a discussion forum after all.

Conventional explanations are wholly and totally unsatisfactory in your eyes only Zoser. Since it was not built by indigenous Indians, it does not date to 500AD and it was not built using granite pounding tools, care to give your explanation and source it?

Somebody like you, with so much disagreement and ideas, must surely have their own theory? Or at least explain what lead you to this conclusion? And spare us the esoteric stuff you usually spout, that's just not cutting it.
Oh and btw, You are correct, Puma Punku is older than 500 AD, most of what can still be seen around there was built in between 1500 BC and 200 BC. Nobody has ever contested that fact. Where did you get that date?

You sound angry Mr Searcher.  Yes I do have a clear idea of how it was built and when; although in this case I do not know the why.  I have explained these views many times by giving comparisons to a person nearer our time who achieved a similar feat, albeit not to the same mind boggling precision. Your orthodox views are pure delusion and I believe deep down you know it.  It's like the catholic church refuting Galileo.  That Galileo would eventually prevail was inexorable.  You know this Mr S.

Z

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users