Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

JFK Assassination

• Please log in to reply
508 replies to this topic

#106    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

I thought it had been provved that the gun used could not be as good in Oswalds hands as he was not that good a shot?

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#107    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

View PostBelial, on 09 November 2010 - 08:25 PM, said:

I thought it had been provved that the gun used could not be as good in Oswalds hands as he was not that good a shot?

Wait, why did you change the subject? You were speaking about how Officer Baker was working for the mob - do you have evidence of that?

As for this question, look a few pages back. It's been covered.

#108    mrcop

mrcop

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

View PostTK0001, on 09 November 2010 - 08:24 PM, said:

Do you have any evidence Mr. Baker was on the mob's payroll?
do you have any evidence mr baker was not,

#109    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• 1,806 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

View Postmrcop, on 09 November 2010 - 10:34 PM, said:

I can't prove a negative, mrcop. You ask the impossible.

#110    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,870 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

View Postmrcop, on 09 November 2010 - 10:34 PM, said:

You know, mrcop, this is not really the kind of reply I would expect of someone who has been deeply involved in researching this and other conspiracies.  After all the time (I assume) you have spent discussing and debating conspiracies I find it hard to believe you really go around making these kind of immature challenges.

Edited by IamsSon, 10 November 2010 - 01:00 AM.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#111    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,961 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:42 AM

View PostTK0001, on 09 November 2010 - 08:48 PM, said:

View PostBelial, on 09 November 2010 - 08:25 PM, said:

As for this question, look a few pages back. It's been covered.

Indeed, it *has* been covered.

Oswald's military marksmanship records

He was rated a Marksman on one course, which is the LOWEST passing score a soldier/Marine can score and still qualify, and a Sharpshooter on another, which only means that you can hit a stationary target with a *properly sighted rifle*.

That you can fire "Sharpshooter" with an M-1 Garand makes you a passable Marine, and not a sniper capable of firing multiple shots in a short time with a worn Carcano!

Furthermore, on April 10, 1963, Oswald attempted to kill retired U.S. Major General Edwin Walker. And FAILED.

The truth is, Oswald was a passable rifle shot and nothing more. No military person would actually consider him good enough to be a sniper.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#112    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• 1,806 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 10 November 2010 - 05:42 AM, said:

Indeed, it *has* been covered.

He was rated a Marksman on one course, which is the LOWEST passing score a soldier/Marine can score and still qualify, and a Sharpshooter on another, which only means that you can hit a stationary target with a *properly sighted rifle*.

That you can fire "Sharpshooter" with an M-1 Garand makes you a passable Marine, and not a sniper capable of firing multiple shots in a short time with a worn Carcano!

Furthermore, on April 10, 1963, Oswald attempted to kill retired U.S. Major General Edwin Walker. And FAILED.

The truth is, Oswald was a passable rifle shot and nothing more. No military person would actually consider him good enough to be a sniper.

Apparently you didn't bother to read the whole thread, because this all has also been covered.

You don't have to be a sniper to hit a target from 140 feet away.

#113    mrcop

mrcop

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:23 PM

View PostIamsSon, on 10 November 2010 - 12:59 AM, said:

You know, mrcop, this is not really the kind of reply I would expect of someone who has been deeply involved in researching this and other conspiracies.  After all the time (I assume) you have spent discussing and debating conspiracies I find it hard to believe you really go around making these kind of immature challenges.
due to the fact of the thoroughness of my team we deem it necessary to ask all reasonable questions some may not look important but when the answers are figured out and they are placed with other evidence new or old it can be a piece of the puzzle than can crack this case wide open, due to the fact of many errors that were made in the warren commission all suspects and personal must investigated :)

#114    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• 1,806 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

View Postmrcop, on 10 November 2010 - 03:23 PM, said:

due to the fact of the thoroughness of my team we deem it necessary to ask all reasonable questions some may not look important but when the answers are figured out and they are placed with other evidence new or old it can be a piece of the puzzle than can crack this case wide open, due to the fact of many errors that were made in the warren commission all suspects and personal must investigated :)

mrcop, will you and your team be answering the questions asked of it/you any time soon?

Namely:

First question: did shots come from the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Depository? If so, was the shooter Oswald?

Were you able to use any new techniques or technology to analyze the Dictabelt recordings?

Edited by TK0001, 10 November 2010 - 03:28 PM.

#115    mrcop

mrcop

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:39 PM

View PostTK0001, on 10 November 2010 - 03:26 PM, said:

mrcop, will you and your team be answering the questions asked of it/you any time soon?

Namely:
i would like to get more theories from some of the other members on these questions :)

#116    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,961 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

View PostTK0001, on 10 November 2010 - 01:20 PM, said:

'hit a target from 140 feet away.'?

- A moving target.
- Which doesn't just move from A to B, it moves on multiple axis.
- Hit it multiple times.
- Within a short time frame.
- Under pressure.

You make it sound like he was shooting at beer bottles.

And please *do* post something that supports your assumptions. Oswald's military marksmanship records are pretty clear, while you continue to have nothing  :)

Edited by SolarPlexus, 10 November 2010 - 03:54 PM.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#117    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• 1,806 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 10 November 2010 - 03:46 PM, said:

'hit a target from 140 feet away.'?

- A moving target.
- Hit it multiple times.
- Under pressure.

You make it sound like he was shooting at beer bottles.

And please *do* post something that supports your assumptions. Oswald's military marksmanship records are pretty clear, while you continue to have nothing  :)

I guess that's your opinion and you're welcome to have it. I've pretty much addressed the points in this post throughout this thread, so if you are truly looking for my answers, you know where to look for them.

#118    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,870 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

View PostTK0001, on 10 November 2010 - 04:05 PM, said:

I guess that's your opinion and you're welcome to have it. I've pretty much addressed the points in this post throughout this thread, so if you are truly looking for my answers, you know where to look for them.
Actually, you didn't really address the point regarding the difficulty of the shot other than with opinion.  As I initially pointed out (in the quotes Solar reposted) Marksman and Sharpshooter scores are not indications of a shooter able to hit a moving target.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#119    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,961 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

I guess that's your opinion and you're welcome to have it.

My opinion doesn't matter, those are facts. Let's see...

Official document, not 'my opinion'  :)

He was rated a Marksman on one course, which is the LOWEST passing score a soldier/Marine can score and still qualify,...

Fact, not just 'my opinion' ...

A historic fact.

View PostSolarPlexus, on 10 November 2010 - 03:46 PM, said:

View PostTK0001, on 10 November 2010 - 01:20 PM, said:

- A moving target.
- Hit it multiple times.
- Under pressure.

You dont think these are facts??

I've pretty much addressed the points in this post throughout this thread, so if you are truly looking for my answers, you know where to look for them.

No i dont know where to look for them :) Because you have no sources and nothing supports your 'theory' (if you could even call it that).

Your basic premises are 'Oswald would do this', 'Oswald would do that' and other assumptions :)

Galileo Galilei
Posted Image

#120    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• 1,806 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

View PostIamsSon, on 10 November 2010 - 04:15 PM, said:

Actually, you didn't really address the point regarding the difficulty of the shot other than with opinion.  As I initially pointed out (in the quotes Solar reposted) Marksman and Sharpshooter scores are not indications of a shooter able to hit a moving target.

I agree that it is my opinion. It is also my opinion that someone who could score in the Marksman and Sharpshooter categories wouldn't have a hard time hitting a target moving away from the shooter at 5 mph from 140 feet away.

I don't know how to prove this other than to state it as my opinion. I could try to dig up the opinions of people better trained than me, if you would like.

Also, you believe someone shot from the 6th floor, correct? I'm guessing you believe this was a military sniper and not Oswald, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users