Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Devil Sighting?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    SurfinTiki39

SurfinTiki39

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:52 AM

I was watching a television show not too long ago and a heard a story that really sounded interesting.  It was about a reported sighting of the Devil himself.  I cannot remember the show I saw it on and I've been searching the interent trying to find it so if anyone recognizes this, please let me know before I rip my hair out.

As the story went, in the 1800's I think, a man in Ireland (maybe it was England) had sold his soul to the devil.  His time had come due and the man waited in a church one night for the devil to come and take him away.  Across town, men were sitting and drinking in a pub when a mysterious man walked in.  He wore a cloak that covered his whole body and a large hat shaded his face.  He sat down at the bar and ordered a drink.  The barteneder served him and he quickly finished the drink.  When he placed the empty glass on the wodden countertop, smoke began to appear and the glass burned a circular mark in the wood.  This gathered the others' attention.  He then proceeded to lay a coin down and leave the bar.  As he walked out, some men caught a glimpse of his feet and claimed they were hooves.  The quote on the show was, "Look, that man has cloven feet!  It's the Devil I tell ya!"  A few moments later, when the bartender went to clear his drink and take the payment, The coin spontaneously combusted, tunring into a leaf (I can't remember the type of plant it was from).  The story then went on to say the "Devil" rode his horse to the church where the condemned man waited, tied his horse up in the stables, then went inside.  He later emerged with the man, got atop his horse then rode off without untying his horse and in turn dragging the stable down with immense force.

This was actually told by a man that now works at the bar the Devil had "strolled" into centuries earlier.  He showed the cameras the bar and there was still a black ring seared into the wood.  This was the first time I had heard this and this show is seemingly the only place to find it.  I've done numerous searches on the internet looking for it but I haven't found anything.  I'm starting to think this was something this guy just made up.  If anyone has heard of this before please let me know where I can find the story.  I also simply wanted to hear what people thought about this.  It's different than some stories about the Devil/demons collecting souls and being on their way.  This almost gives character to the Devil showing that while he's topside, he likes to have a little fun. (Or maybe I've just been watching too much Supernatural)  Either way, I'm interested what other people think.

I want to believe...

#2    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:04 AM

Interesting at the very least  :unsure2: . I don't know what to make of it, it sounds to dramatized to me. Like fiction.

#3    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:07 AM

The devil, with his hooved feet, rode away on the horses?

I agree with the above though, sounds like fiction.

the truth is out there....

#4    candidpets

candidpets

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:08 AM

i wish u could remember the show

#5    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:15 AM

Sounds more like a made up tale to go along with the strange black mark left on the table, but it was still very interesting to read, made the devil sound like quite the mysterious 'cool' guy  :tu:

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#6    maca02

maca02

A Bear Of Very Little Brain

• 2,241 posts

• ALL HAIL THE ALE

"There is no truth. There is only perception.
    Gustave Flaubert

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:29 AM

http://www.mysteriou...footprints.html

is this the story ?? :devil:

ALL HAIL THE ALE

#7    SurfinTiki39

SurfinTiki39

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

Agent. Mulder, on 13 October 2010 - 02:07 AM, said:

The devil, with his hooved feet, rode away on the horses?

Yea, weird I know, but I think they meant something more like goat's feet to go along with the thought that the Devil is half man half goat in some interpretations.  I don't think they meant something with horses hooves got on a horse.  As if that's any weirder anyway...

maca 01, on 13 October 2010 - 02:29 AM, said:

No, this isn't it but thanks anyway.  This is a fairly interesting story too though.

I want to believe...

#8    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,706 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

I hadn't heard of that devil visit surfin...

A local on from Chicago one is the Kaiser dancehall devil sighting.

Supposedly, one evening during a dance..
A woman is dancing with her entrancing partner till she looks down at her partners feet, and screams. Other gentlemen in the hall, thinking the fellow was being harmful, rushed to help her. The fellow, refusing to fight, got himself backed into a corner. Once backed in, he decided to jump out the window next to him!
Looking through the windows, bystanders were amazed to see him land on his feet and start running!!
Some of the men dashed downstairs. The discovered the apparent reason for the womans scream..
For there, clearly stamped into the pavement, was a hoofprint.

#9    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,984 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

There's a similiar story that has circulated for years in south Texas, though to be specific; the story happened in Nuevo(spanish word for "New")Laredo Mexico. The town is located right across the bridge and border from Laredo Texas.

There's (or was - not so sure anymore) a place called Silverado in Nuevo Laredo. It's a huge dance hall where popular Mexican and Tejano artists perform. The tickets are cheap and the beer is cheap, so as you'd imagine it gets packed and your always rubbing elbows with someone.

So the story goes that after a certain music act had finished and gone for the night, they started up the mechanical bull to top off the night. A few men and women tried it only to quickly fall off and back to the bar! :)  From what I've heard, the bull was quite fast.

Then it goes that a very attractive cowboy(dressed in black) climbed the mechanical bull. People assumed he would immediately fall off because he looked "too pretty" to be good at it. So he rode and never fell off. They sped up the bull to max speed and to their amazement the cowboy remained. the people seemed to be in a trance-like state, but then suddenly, one of the riding cowboy's boot slid off. To their horror, it revealed the all too obvious horse hoof that the Devil is famously associated with. Needless to say, everyone ran out at top speed crying and screaming that Satan was amongst them! The story is very popular in Texas.

I've been to the Silverado a few years back when I was..I think 18? A friend of a friend invited me to go see her favorite group perform and although I don't particulary care for that kind of music; I thought, "what the helk!" Ofcourse there was no devil in sight, unless you count the 400 drunk people that were there that night. ;)

Edited by Ozzy Valentine, 13 October 2010 - 11:17 PM.

#10    Faeden

Faeden

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

• Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:28 AM

The myth goes that The Devil can turn into anything and anyone he wishes, it was one of his angelic powers God never took away from him, hence why he can appear as angels of light, or as anyone he wishes, so to deceive humans. However the only thing he cant change the appearance of are his feet, so no matter who or what he changes into, his cloven feet will always be visible.

This is a good story, but has the characteristics of an urban legend, just supernaturally based one. I have read a hundred stories like it before in books, always makes for an enthralling read.

I done a search for your story Surfintiki39 and found this, I am sure it is the one

http://www.legendary...an_reynolds.htm

Edited by Faeden, 14 October 2010 - 12:42 AM.

Posted Image

Please visit my forums on the paranormal HERE

#11    Ketzer

Ketzer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

Man, the devil is a badass. B) While those stories are just that, stories, I think they're pretty interesting. :devil:

Edited by Der Ketzer, 15 October 2010 - 07:03 PM.

#12    Emin

Emin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

Hmmmm dont think i've heard this one before, interesting read however and a bit funny, lol. I was under the impression that the 'devil' takes your soul once you've died, but i guess that doesn't apply to this one lol.

I am an Emin of truth!

#13    illuminated

illuminated

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

• This is the last time i pray to the sky, because everything we were ever told is a lie.

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:52 AM

yeah pretty much as said above its just a story.
as most stories are there to attract people to the particular bar, dance hall, or w.e the location is.

sometimes the stories start from myths, legends, or just the owner trying to attract customers.

if you believe in it then you know it is said that the devil will not walk amongst us until the end has come.

however different religions and superstitions created the myth  that he walks amongst us shape shifting into whoever he wants with his hoofed feet.

i know it doesnt really apply to your stories but thought youd be intrested in this

http://preachersfile...rigin-of-satan/

Posted Image
Innocent people get murdered in the struggle daily. And poor people never get **** and struggle daily. This ain't no alien conspiracy theory, this **** is real. Written on the dollar underneath the Masonic sealuhhh censorship is everywhere...

#14    Lcvec

Lcvec

civilized caveman

• 4,551 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:20 AM

Lat, on 13 October 2010 - 02:15 AM, said:

Sounds more like a made up tale to go along with the strange black mark left on the table, but it was still very interesting to read, made the devil sound like quite the mysterious 'cool' guy  :tu:

Really nice story but I agree with Lat on this one, it was probably made up to get people's attention.

#15    Moonshine

Moonshine

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:59 AM

Was looking through, interesting stories.

Here I have a timeline of devil sightings and a graph of when the most devil sightings happened.
It's really good :) It's got links for most stories as well.

Timeline

Even a man who is pure of heart
And says his prayers by night
May become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
And the autumn moon is bright.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users