Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why should aliens be more inteligent than us?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Hammys Teddy

Hammys Teddy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 249 posts

• But you told me to 'paint the town red'. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:43 PM

Hi all,

While I dont rule out the possibility of life on other planets, I dont subscribe to the notion they have/are visiting earth.

Its also interesting to note that UFO sightings seem to have changed in line with progress made in the aviation industry...

Now with the exception of 'unidentified flying objects' because thats exactly what they are UNIDENTIFIED, what evidence is there to suggest that aliens are more advanced than we are??

Perhaps we are the most advanced species out there??

Teddy.

Avatar designed by 'thisfallendrummer' modified by 'UniversalAbsurdity'

#2    spidermonkey

spidermonkey

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• Thank God I'm an Atheist

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:55 PM

If human beings are the most intelligent species out there, may god help us all.

#3    Left Face Down

Left Face Down

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:20 PM

Most people expect that aliens will be more intelligent than us, humans, due to the fact that we have yet to come up with what would be needed for them to get to us.

In other words of they have a space craft that can travel from outside of our galaxy and to our planet in a relatively good time, they are way ahead of us in space technology atleast.

#4    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

• By Belenos and Toutatis!

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:24 PM

The development of civilization from cavemen to space exploration took us 10.000 years. (Of course, who can say how many times before, we had gone from cavemen to space exploration and beyond, before we destroyed ourselves and every sign of our previous existance.)

Anyway, my point is, if the Universe is as old as 15 billion years, that leaves room for many civilizations to grow much, much more advanced than ours..

If human beings are the most intelligent species out there, may god help us all.

lol grin2.gif

Posted Image
There are two kinds of idiots - those who don't take action because they have received a threat, and those who think they are taking action because they have issued a threat.
Paulo Coelho

#5    Miang

Miang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Meet me in the Wired...

Posted 26 July 2004 - 09:21 PM

Iíve been reading through most of the post in this section and most of the people seem to say that aliens are uber intelligent and that we humans are basically stupid waste of space. I know that humans have made mistakes, but I donít think that it is because we are stupid, in fact I think it quite the contrary I believe that we are too smart for our own good. We devolved technology faster than we could morals, I mean ok using nuclear weapons was an obvious mistake, but how could we possibly have know the effects of cfcs, whaling, and all of the other things we have done that have harmed the environment. And although itís slow, things are improving, we are starting to own up and right our wrongs.

Why does advanced tech necessarily mean high intelligence? I know allot of people who are very stupid, but use computers, cell phones, and PDAs to the limits of their efficiency. And I know a lot of smart people who donít have any of these things. I donít think the people of developed countries are more intelligent that people from third world countries, the only thing they we had and they didnít is a jumpstart in our technological devolvement. I think this is the same with aliens, in several alien abduction they use fairly primitive tech like scalpels when with their tech they could use lasers. Their memory erasures wear off in a lot of people and in some it doesnít work at all. And they managed to crash several ships on the surface of our planet. That doesnít sound like something a highly intelligent species would do, hell not even a human would do something like that!

As for having 15 billion years to devolve, no species had that, first off you had to wait at least a billion years for the first stars to begin to burn and for the first galaxies to form. Next you had to wait another six or seven billion years for those stars to begin to synthesizing the heaver elements necessary for planets to form, then a few more billion years for the stars to start synthesizing the elements for civilization to begin.

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.

#6    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:23 PM

This says it all , we're praying that we're not all the universe has to offer, maybe its in our psyche. The fear of being the best or the embarrasment of it.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#7    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (spidermonkey @ Jul 26 2004, 01:55 PM)

LOL  laugh.gif  

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#8    Miang

Miang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Meet me in the Wired...

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:16 AM

I think it like we are projecting on to the what we ourselves wish to be...

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.

#9    Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:53 AM

My brother owns chickens. Often I like to chase
them around in the yard for fun.When I catch the
rooster, he is scared to death. It is a similar feeling
for us when we are abducted by aliens. When the
rooster considers my size and my ability to do as I
wish to the rooster, it is scared for its life. But, I would
never kill that poor rooster. My brother keeps the chickens
so that they'll produce eggs. We eat some, and let some
hatch. Think of the relation between us and the aliens.
They just might have a higher purpose for us that we cannot
even imagine! What do you think?

#10    earthygirl04

earthygirl04

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

• What this world needs is....
    "ME".... as President!!!

Posted 27 July 2004 - 04:43 AM

Anyway, my point is, if the Universe is as old as 15 billion years, that leaves room for many civilizations to grow much, much more advanced than ours..

Yep! That says it! thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image
~Chase Your Own Stars, and Follow Your Own Path. ~         
Posted ImagePosted Image

~ My Little Corner of the Net ~

#11    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:08 PM

If there actually were aliens and they were able to travel here; I don't think they would necessarily have to be any more intelligent than us. They'd just had to have devoted more time and resources to thier quest for space travel than we have..

#12    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (spidermonkey @ Jul 26 2004, 01:55 PM)

laugh.gif

concurrage !  

Posted Image

#13    beowulf

beowulf

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:10 PM

Itís fairly easy to explainÖ..the first generation of stars would not have had planets.  Until they had lived out their rather short (by cosmic standards) life spans and gone nova, seeding space with elements heavier than hydrogen and helium, there would have been nothing to make planets from.  Second generation stars could have had planets, but they would have been metal-poor, therefore the ability of any intelligent life form leaving the surface of their home planet would have been slim.  Third generation stars (such as our Sun) could have planets that met all the requirements for space faring intelligent beings.  Those stars would all be about the age of our sun!  Therefore Star Trek probably had it right, with all of the different races being close together in level of civilization.  On another train, the reason it took us so long to reach where we are is that old bugaboo of mankind Ė Organized  Faith-based Religion.  All faith-based religions tend to discourage intellectual pursuits, as does Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc .  If it were not for religion, we would probably have been to the stars long ago.     thumbsup.gif  

#14    Murdison

Murdison

Psychic Spy

• 1,853 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Miang @ Jul 26 2004, 10:21 PM)
I know allot of people who are very stupid, but use computers

SO! Keeps me off the streets,dunnit!  disgust.gif  

Posted Image

#15    Murdison

Murdison

Psychic Spy

• 1,853 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (beowulf @ Jul 27 2004, 09:10 PM)
the reason it took us so long to reach where we are is that old bugaboo of mankind

Be-o, you were doing so well up until that point...bugaboo?  huh.gif  

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users