Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Entoptic phenomena as universal trance phenomena

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: sxc.hu</strong>
Image credit: sxc.hu
Floco Tausin: In the mid-1990s I met a man named Nestor living in the solitude of the hilly Emmental region of Switzerland. Nestor has a unique and provocative claim: that he focuses for years on a constellation of huge shining spheres and strings which have been formed in his field of vision. He interprets this phenomenon as a subtle structure formed by our consciousness which in turn creates our material world. Nestor, who calls himself a seer, ascribes this subjective visual perception to his long lasting efforts to develop his consciousness. He explains his vision as an extended perception of a phenomenon for which, in ophthalmology, the collective term “floaters” is applied.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,352 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

I've actually studied this phenom. Most eye doctors can tell you exactly what's happening. There's nothing spiritual going on here. Perhaps in an altered state of mind, there is. Floaters are usually bacteria, dust, skin cells, etc.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#3    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 4,124 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:10 AM

View PostMentalcase, on 20 October 2010 - 05:03 PM, said:

There's nothing spiritual going on here. Perhaps in an altered state of mind, there is.

Yeah i agree that there is nothing spiritual about floaters for the most part, but i can confirm that they exhibit unusual behavior in these states!

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users