Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Most Ridiculous Urban Legends?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    TheVeryFirstDinosaur

TheVeryFirstDinosaur

Paranormal Investigator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

• Local Community Wizard

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:51 PM

Post them.

When I was younger, me and a few friends would go camping with my dad in the woods.  He'd always tell us the story of "Bow Wow".

A little black dog named "Bow Wow" was chasing a whitetail buck through the forest, and the buck hops over a fence to get away from the dog.  Trying to run through the fence, the little dog completely decapitates its head.  
Late at night, you were supposed to be able to hear Bow Wow's head calling for its body.  "Bow Wow!  Bow Wow!..."

Sure, it seems silly now, but it's good memories.  It would always frighten us, though we hated to admit it.  Over the years, he would still bring it up, just as a joke.  Often, if my sister and her friends were outside in the yard, "pretend camping" (Fire and tent in the back yard..), I would tell them the story of "Bow Wow."  

I'm sure someone has more experiences like this..

#2    Akatsuki-pein

Akatsuki-pein

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• you can only run from the shadows for so long, sooner of later. You gotta tighten your gut, and run in head first arms swinging , lips singing

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:35 AM

thanks for the read shrine^^

we got a place up here where i live known as 3rd bridge. its a place about id say 45 minutes or more straight into nothing but a dirt road, trees, and grassy hills. Its supposly one of the most haunted places here in ol guud colorado'. The main background story to the place is that, back in the early days of colorado there was the colorado militia, and a tribe of native americans. On a particular day when the men from the tribe were out hunting, the colorado militia while heavily intoxicated basically raped and pillaged the tribe in a very brutal way. When the Men from the tribe returned and witnessed the horror that had became of there tribe, the militia just killed them too.

Fast forward a couple decades And a Insane asylum for the mentally ill was built in the general area due to its seclusion from civilization, a buss was transporting some patients to another facility in CO. There are two bridges before the third bridge given its name and theres several others beyond that, and on one of the bridges the buss was going over in a bad storm. lost control and Fell over one of the bridges, When the police came to investigate all the patients were dead and accountable for except for one, Who was admitted due to his cannibalistic lifestyle choice.

The actual site of all the weird reports is on the Third bridge its self, its over a feild of grass that you can go down under to but is not for the faint of heart. When standing on the bridge its self or in the car with the windows rolled up, people say a strange fog rolls in from no were, that is so dense you cant see anything out the windows. And you can hear what sounds to be drums playing some were out in the hills, But there are so many tales about this place that just get weirder from there that i can go on  for days.

We're playing with half a deck as long as we tolerate that the cardinals of government and science should dictate where human curiousity can legitimately send its attention and where it can not. It's an essentially preposterous situation. It is essentially a civil rights issue, because what we're talking about here is the repression of a religious sensibility.

#3    American Chupacabra

American Chupacabra

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

• I'm not here

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:21 PM

View PostAkatsuki-pein, on 26 October 2010 - 01:35 AM, said:

Fast forward a couple decades And a Insane asylum for the mentally ill was built in the general area due to its seclusion from civilization, a buss was transporting some patients to another facility in CO. There are two bridges before the third bridge given its name and theres several others beyond that, and on one of the bridges the buss was going over in a bad storm. lost control and Fell over one of the bridges, When the police came to investigate all the patients were dead and accountable for except for one, Who was admitted due to his cannibalistic lifestyle choice.

That sounds a lot like Bunnyman...

The only legend we have around here is of a guy who walks along a railroad looking for his head, carrying a lantern. Very stereotypical.

Check out my blog

#4    clockworkgirl21

clockworkgirl21

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

These are the urban legends I think are stupid. I'll just link them instead of retelling them.

http://urbanlegends....lown_statue.htm
When someone tells you they're afraid of your clown statue, is your first thought really that it's possible an escaped mental patient is in your house?

http://webpages.char...urban/drag.html
If I've had my arms cut off, I'd think, "Screw the children," and get out of there.

Can't find a link to this one...
A stewardess is told someone named Timothy Gay has to get off the plane because there is an emergency at home. She calls out into couch, "Who here is Gay?"
A few passengers call back, "I'm gay!"
She says, "If you're Gay, you have to get off the plane!"
Just stupid.

One can always be kind to people about whom one cares nothing.
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

www.youthrights.org
We think kids are people too? We must be insane.

#5    Some-Like-It-Hot

Some-Like-It-Hot

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

• If you believe in mysteries, then believe in me

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:16 AM

That fright turns you white. I remember reading about this black dog who was lost in the woods & came back white.

Where the f! did that myth come from?

#6    Ketzer

Ketzer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:24 AM

You know that urban legend about alligators in the sewers. Well, it's not that ridiculous to me. You know that someone, somewhere, sometime, actually put an alligator in the wild, either in a river, lake, or sewer. Really wouldn't surprise me.

#7    Chronii

Chronii

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

• Addicted to tea.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:35 AM

That earwigs climb into your ears at night-

Oh wait.

Yeah, that actually happened to me when I was younger and was out camping. I woke up in the middle of the night and there was this insanely loud noise, and for some reason the noise physically hurt. I was really lucky, I could have lost my hearing, but I suddenly felt a tingling in my left ear, and out came a tiny earwig >_>

Now I'm terrified of camping.

#8    Nazgul

Nazgul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

• (waves) Hello

I like dinosaurs

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:58 PM

I went camping in new jersey with my school when i was younger and my teacher just had to tell a story....and i did know about the jersey devil at the time....its why i almost got no sleep that night.

i have only this to say.........42

#9    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,070 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

View PostNazgul, on 01 November 2010 - 10:58 PM, said:

I went camping in new jersey with my school when i was younger and my teacher just had to tell a story....and i did know about the jersey devil at the time....its why i almost got no sleep that night.

Not a legend if the house is actualy real lol

#10    Nazgul

Nazgul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

• (waves) Hello

I like dinosaurs

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:11 PM

View PostPompey_Lad_18, on 01 November 2010 - 11:06 PM, said:

Not a legend if the house is actualy real lol

yah......and i do think its real....anything is possible.

i have only this to say.........42

#11    mytee

mytee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

• I want to believe

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

The most ridiculous Urban legend Ive ever heard
If you eat Pop Rocks candy while drinking soda you will explode and that's what killed little Mikey-"He likes it Hey Mikey"

Torture is only truly pleasurable when performed...slowly
The next words out of your mouth better be some brilliant Mark Twain bull cause it's being chiseled on your tombstone

#12    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,219 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

We have a great one.

If you are honest, trustworthy and hard-working you will be successful in life.  What a crock of !&%?

#13    Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

• Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

aww can someone tell me the jersey devil legend? never heard of it either

Were not IT..were just the other side, the empty unimportant consiquence trying to be a problem and solve itself..we are stuck, we are shadows, an echo of reality.

#14    McCrotch

McCrotch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

View PostLost Souls, on 07 November 2010 - 12:51 PM, said:

aww can someone tell me the jersey devil legend? never heard of it either

jersey devil

#15    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:41 PM

View Postclockworkgirl21, on 29 October 2010 - 06:32 PM, said:

http://urbanlegends....lown_statue.htm
When someone tells you they're afraid of your clown statue, is your first thought really that it's possible an escaped mental patient is in your house?
My first thought would be John Wayne Gacy, which isn't any better. Or It, which certainly isn't any better. So all around I find that pretty creepy.

I find the most ridiculous kind to have completely farfetched creatures or like the pop rocks one. To me, the ones with intruders and such still aren't impossible.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users