Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Photograph Of Male Werewolf On Hindlegs,1997

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#16    Akatsuki-pein

Akatsuki-pein

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• you can only run from the shadows for so long, sooner of later. You gotta tighten your gut, and run in head first arms swinging , lips singing

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 26 October 2010 - 05:22 PM, said:

Nope, you would then be classified as a werewolf or skinny bigfoot.

Nibs

more of a loner werewolf or anti social bigfoot, but wait are all werewolves and bigfoots social outcasts?

We're playing with half a deck as long as we tolerate that the cardinals of government and science should dictate where human curiousity can legitimately send its attention and where it can not. It's an essentially preposterous situation. It is essentially a civil rights issue, because what we're talking about here is the repression of a religious sensibility.

#17    Belial

Belial

Love me grub i do.

• 4,430 posts

• We all want to go to heaven, but no one wants to die to get their.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:31 PM

Looks like michael j fox i got to admit.

Howl. :w00t:

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

#18    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,930 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

View PostMoonie2012, on 26 October 2010 - 05:15 PM, said:

Oh really? I didn't know there were scientific standards in place to measure imaginary creatures against one another.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at.

If the story had more to it and the photo weren't so unidentifiable, it might be more intriguing.

Posted Image

#19    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

• "If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question!"

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

View PostHumblemun, on 26 October 2010 - 04:50 PM, said:

But if the researcher is looking for sasquatch, it implies he was out in the wilderness. Why would there be a lone woman walking by herself? And even if so, why would she then suddenly take off in the other direction? It doesn't fit imo. Fact.

Fact? What fact?

Let's see, a woman alone in the woods, comes across a stranger, woman leaves. Choose the reason:

A ) She decided it would be better to leave, as opposed to chance something happening to her.

B ) She was up to no good, saw someone, and decided to leave, as oppsed to being caught.

C ) She realised that she left the oven on, and had to hurry back before her home blew up.

D ) It was a man, dressed like a woman, and the guy with the camera was someone he knew, and didn't want to be found out.

E ) The blurry photo, and vague description actually DO prove a werewolf.

Let's see what option(s) isn't picked.

Edited by MstrMsn, 26 October 2010 - 06:01 PM.

We are born with 2 fears: Falling, and loud noises, all others are LEARNED.
You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.
If you want to learn how to not be afraid, ask.

#20    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

So when I go walking in the middle of nowhere by myself (which I often do) I am no longer a woman? When I see other walkers in the middle of nowhere I usually walk the other direction to them because guess what when I'm out there I want to be ALONE.  

Exactly what I was thinking. I find the disbelief that a woman could be out walking in the woods alone just plain silly. Whoever took the photograph was out in the woods too, AND there's a path of sorts coming down the hill, so it's hardly the deep dark untrodden forests.

If I was out taking a walk in the woods and saw some guy with a camera, I would leave the area too.

Embrace the impossible.

#21    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

It looks like just someone out for a walk to me too. You have to walk a little funny sometimes when you are going down a muddy hill. That is what I would attribute anything weird in the posture to.

How can anyone know it was a Male Werewolf? The thread title says Male werewolf.

I think the "mane" is just the tree behind the figure.

I would run too, if some nutbar came dashing and shouting out from skulking in the woods and behind bushes, waving a camera. I'd go looking for the cops.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#22    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:28 PM

I actually agree with most of the people on here. It does look like a person, and there's really no reason for that person not to leave.

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#23    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,821 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

This doesn't really look like the posture of a werewolf on its hind legs anyway. The arms are a dead giveaway.

#24    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

Government Agent

• 3,628 posts

• What happened to the American dream? It came true, you're lookin' at it.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:50 PM

The photograph is not blurry at all. It is, perhaps, somewhat vague and "lacking definition" but I think it's clearly a figure of some sort. The idea that the photographer failed to realize that a "washer woman" was in fact the mysterious figure (Why was she in the woods at all?) is preposterous. It could of course be another human figure but there are few people who turn and run at the sight of anyone in their general vicinity. This rules out the jolly hiker out for a stroll theory, which means in my mind there is no doubt that this is either an unidentified creature, or possibly more realistically, one of the "Wildmen" that have become a subcategory of North American Bigfoot sightings. Personally I feel that all genuine Bigfoot sightings are of Wildmen, rather than large primates, and this is hopefully photographic evidence of their continued existence.

Jesus, I was evil

#25    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,611 posts

• Question everything

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 26 October 2010 - 04:35 PM, said:

Oh Geeze!
Nosferatu! *shakes finger* Tisk Tisk. Silly boy.

http://img504.images.../nosferatu.png/

:)

So now somebody's trying to pass off this particularly hoary blobsquatch as a werewolf?

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#26    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:31 PM

View PostUndeadskeptic, on 26 October 2010 - 09:50 PM, said:

The photograph is not blurry at all. It is, perhaps, somewhat vague and "lacking definition" but I think it's clearly a figure of some sort. The idea that the photographer failed to realize that a "washer woman" was in fact the mysterious figure (Why was she in the woods at all?) is preposterous. It could of course be another human figure but there are few people who turn and run at the sight of anyone in their general vicinity. This rules out the jolly hiker out for a stroll theory, which means in my mind there is no doubt that this is either an unidentified creature, or possibly more realistically, one of the "Wildmen" that have become a subcategory of North American Bigfoot sightings. Personally I feel that all genuine Bigfoot sightings are of Wildmen, rather than large primates, and this is hopefully photographic evidence of their continued existence.

Absolutely. When confronted with a human-shaped figure, the extraordinary (bordering on impossible) explanation is always the most probable, because humans never change directions. Especially not if they are in the woods and spot a stranger taking pictures of them. It could never happen.

Edited by Clobhair-cean, 26 October 2010 - 10:32 PM.

#27    callis

callis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:33 PM

View PostUndeadskeptic, on 26 October 2010 - 09:50 PM, said:

I don't think she's running away. Looks, to me, like she's awkwardly trying to walk down the hill.
Posted Image

#28    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Alien Abducter

• 4,616 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:53 AM

View Postshadowofadoubt, on 26 October 2010 - 10:33 PM, said:

I don't think she's running away. Looks, to me, like she's awkwardly trying to walk down the hill.
Posted Image
That's what it looks like to me also.

#29    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

Government Agent

• 3,628 posts

• What happened to the American dream? It came true, you're lookin' at it.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:58 AM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 26 October 2010 - 10:31 PM, said:

Absolutely. When confronted with a human-shaped figure, the extraordinary (bordering on impossible) explanation is always the most probable, because humans never change directions. Especially not if they are in the woods and spot a stranger taking pictures of them. It could never happen.

The initial report stated that the figure ran away. I find it exceptionally unlikely that a woman would be wandering the forest in a knee length dress in the rather miserable conditions seen in the photograph. Furthermore, I don't think breaking into a sprint would be a persons instant reaction. In the conditions we can be relatively certain that if the photographer wasn't able to tell if said figure was a human or otherwise, than the figure itself had no clear view of the photographer either.

Even if she did notice him/pay any close attention to him, the woman would probably not have run for her life. Personally, were I wandering the forest in a knee length dress on a cold day, as you do, I doubt I would be the least perturbed by someone taking photographs. In fact, I often see photographers when I go walking. Now if I ran sprinting every time I saw a photographer in the forest, I would never get anywhere.

I doubt highly that what we see in this image is any normal woman. I find it more likely to believe that perhaps the photograph was deliberately faked, or that the being seen is a Wild Man/Bigfoot.

Jesus, I was evil

#30    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:24 AM

If you don't think Oregonians would be out in bad weather then you don't know Oregonians. We got guys on the news running barefoot in the snow last weekend. And as you drive down the main roads, even in pouring rain you see lots of people out walking, going about their business. What we call drizzle, or misting, which is anything less then a half inch per hour, we don't even wear a hat or use an umbrella for. It is just tolerated.

I've seen women out in the woods alone, hiking, and they always look skittish. The probable reason they did not run from me was that my wife was with me. Why in the heck would a woman, by herself, in the woods, stop to talk to a man who was taking pics of her in the rain? That has "Rape" written all over it.

Edited by DieChecker, 27 October 2010 - 01:25 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users