Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Photograph Of Male Werewolf On Hindlegs,1997

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#31    laffing1

laffing1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• "Sometimes the only way out, is through."- Swampman

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:11 AM

View PostUndeadskeptic, on 27 October 2010 - 12:58 AM, said:

The initial report stated that the figure ran away. I find it exceptionally unlikely that a woman would be wandering the forest in a knee length dress in the rather miserable conditions seen in the photograph. Furthermore, I don't think breaking into a sprint would be a persons instant reaction. In the conditions we can be relatively certain that if the photographer wasn't able to tell if said figure was a human or otherwise, than the figure itself had no clear view of the photographer either.
The initial report doesn't say that the figure ran away.
The initial report says:
Attached is a photo I took in rural Clackamas County, Oregon in 1997.
It is of something that was walking along the top of the hill. When it noticed me, it turned and headed in the opposite direction. The ground was very hard and no real footprints were able to be found. I had sent this to a friend of mine Rob Butler, he said he would forward it around for me. I just got hooked up with e mail so I am sending another copy out. On this one, there is a close up superimposed in the bottom corner.

Thank You, Rick Wood
Director, O.S.I.R. (Oregon Sasquatch Investigations & Research)
"In Search of an Answer"

Even if she did notice him/pay any close attention to him, the woman would probably not have run for her life. Personally, were I wandering the forest in a knee length dress on a cold day, as you do, I doubt I would be the least perturbed by someone taking photographs. In fact, I often see photographers when I go walking. Now if I ran sprinting every time I saw a photographer in the forest, I would never get anywhere.

I doubt highly that what we see in this image is any normal woman. I find it more likely to believe that perhaps the photograph was deliberately faked, or that the being seen is a Wild Man/Bigfoot.

She seems to be wearing a coat, not a dress, just my observation of course, and I could be wrong.
If I were out walking in the forest, which I do almost every morning and I noticed a stranger in the gully below me taking photos, I'd turn and walk straight back to my house. The photographer would probably describe it as me "turning and heading in the opposite direction". Just saying.

#32    Night Walker

Night Walker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:37 AM

... and if the photo was anything other than of a regular human you have to ask why the photogragher took only one picture. Some "researchers" have a knack of making things appear more mysterious than they actually are.

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#33    laffing1

laffing1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• "Sometimes the only way out, is through."- Swampman

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:45 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 27 October 2010 - 03:37 AM, said:

... and if the photo was anything other than of a regular human you have to ask why the photogragher took only one picture.

Probably because she told him to stop taking pics and get off of her property. :D

#34    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,788 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:57 AM

View PostHumblemun, on 26 October 2010 - 10:11 AM, said:

I'm a believer in the menacing big dog phenomenon, yet the sasquatch research team who took the photo missed this obvious explanation. It's better than a mystery washer-woman which was the official conclusion, right? Attached is a photo I took in rural Clackamas County, Oregon in 1997. It is of something that was walking along the top of the hill

(..not everything in the woods is a bigfoot nor a woman in a knee-length coat!
ok, maybe i'm nitpicking, but this guy fancies himself as an official researcher, yet this is the best photo he can take? come on! you'd think he would have some sophisticated camera to get the shot, wouldn't ya?
this looks to me like a rotted tree trunk.

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#35    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

View PostUndeadskeptic, on 27 October 2010 - 12:58 AM, said:

The initial report stated that the figure ran away. I find it exceptionally unlikely that a woman would be wandering the forest in a knee length dress in the rather miserable conditions seen in the photograph. Furthermore, I don't think breaking into a sprint would be a persons instant reaction. In the conditions we can be relatively certain that if the photographer wasn't able to tell if said figure was a human or otherwise, than the figure itself had no clear view of the photographer either.

Even if she did notice him/pay any close attention to him, the woman would probably not have run for her life. Personally, were I wandering the forest in a knee length dress on a cold day, as you do, I doubt I would be the least perturbed by someone taking photographs. In fact, I often see photographers when I go walking. Now if I ran sprinting every time I saw a photographer in the forest, I would never get anywhere.

I doubt highly that what we see in this image is any normal woman. I find it more likely to believe that perhaps the photograph was deliberately faked, or that the being seen is a Wild Man/Bigfoot.

Even if that's true, the image showing a bigfoot/werewolf/Fozzie Bear is much more unlikely.

#36    a vampire wears my boxers

a vampire wears my boxers

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

• like empty prayers from a disentigrating throat

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:24 AM

looks like some lady in the woods. she could have been checking on a certain crop that i hear grows nicely out that way. upon seeing the bigfoot hunter and his impressive camera taking pics in the woods, she may have thought better to elude possible authorities and be a suspect in a bigfoot caper, rather than interact with some stranger in her neck of the woods. ahh, to be a sasquatcharazzi  :blush:

it looks like the upper hand, is on the other foot.

i guess they would say we could set this world ablaze

i have never tried to succeed at anything, therefore i have never failed.

#37    Robin_Shadowes

Robin_Shadowes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

• I lol therefore I am.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:08 AM

View PostHerNibs, on 26 October 2010 - 04:22 PM, said:

It appears to me that some one is using this gentleman's outline...

Posted Image

Posted Image

*real freaking vampire-does not sparkle*

Nibs

That's a real vampire, not the silly Twilight ones. Not that Graf Orlock would ever break any teenagers heart, but then again, he would rather suck them dry.  :devil:

#38    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:20 AM

View Postsilentforce, on 26 October 2010 - 05:19 PM, said:

So when I go walking in the middle of nowhere by myself (which I often do) I am no longer a woman? When I see other walkers in the middle of nowhere I usually walk the other direction to them because guess what when I'm out there I want to be ALONE.
How far away from civilisation do you walk alone though? Not very far I bet, unlike the sasquatch researcher.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#39    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 26 October 2010 - 09:31 PM, said:

This doesn't really look like the posture of a werewolf on its hind legs anyway. The arms are a dead giveaway.
The arms are a defining feature which suggests it's a werewolf and non-human at least. If you picked a dog up under it's front legs from behind they would splay out in this locked position since they don't have the ball and socket shoulder joints like us. See the artist's impression below to se what I mean. The legs in the photo also show a curve similar to the hind quarters of a dog which is another defining feature imo.

Attached Files

Edited by Humblemun, 27 October 2010 - 11:30 AM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#40    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

Look at this amazing video to see what I mean about the splayed forelegs looking like outstretched arms Dog Walks Upstairs on Hind Legs - Video

Attached Files

Edited by Humblemun, 27 October 2010 - 11:35 AM.

#41    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:44 PM

View PostHumblemun, on 27 October 2010 - 10:31 AM, said:

The arms are a defining feature which suggests it's a werewolf and non-human at least. If you picked a dog up under it's front legs from behind they would splay out in this locked position since they don't have the ball and socket shoulder joints like us. See the artist's impression below to se what I mean. The legs in the photo also show a curve similar to the hind quarters of a dog which is another defining feature imo.

Not only a werewolf, but a MALE one as well. The arms are a dead give away for that.
Especially because the pic is so far away, and all black with no detail or defining features, and the blur helps us see its a male werewolf too.
:hmm:
Come on Humble. You cant really make out anything here.

the truth is out there....

#42    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,550 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

it's front legs from behind they would splay out in this locked position

There's no way of knowing the arms are locked in this position. You do realize when you swing your arms while walking, they stick out to the side? Also, when navigating bumpy terrain, you often put your arms out slightly to the side for stability.

A woman in a long coat walking down the hill carefully. There is nothing in this picture to show the figure is anything more than this.

ETA -- The idea that a woman could not possibly walk around in the woods alone is just sexist. Plenty of women go hiking in the wilds by themselves, just like men do. Ridiculous.

Edited by Purplos, 27 October 2010 - 12:53 PM.

Embrace the impossible.

#43    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

View PostPurplos, on 27 October 2010 - 12:51 PM, said:

There's no way of knowing the arms are locked in this position. You do realize when you swing your arms while walking, they stick out to the side? Also, when navigating bumpy terrain, you often put your arms out slightly to the side for stability.

A woman in a long coat walking down the hill carefully. There is nothing in this picture to show the figure is anything more than this.

ETA -- The idea that a woman could not possibly walk around in the woods alone is just sexist. Plenty of women go hiking in the wilds by themselves, just like men do. Ridiculous.

I for one, purposely walk through the woods dressed as a woman. Just to have people get pics like this.

:devil:

the truth is out there....

#44    j b

j b

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

• If you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough
    -Albert Einstein

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:51 PM

View PostNight Walker, on 27 October 2010 - 03:37 AM, said:

... and if the photo was anything other than of a regular human you have to ask why the photogragher took only one picture. Some "researchers" have a knack of making things appear more mysterious than they actually are.
:tu:

#45    silentforce

silentforce

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

View PostHumblemun, on 27 October 2010 - 10:20 AM, said:

How far away from civilisation do you walk alone though? Not very far I bet, unlike the sasquatch researcher.

Well since the nearest town is a 45 minute car journey and nearest city probably an hour and a half away I say pretty far from civilization.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users