Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

• Please log in to reply
1149 replies to this topic

#61    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

View Postarchernyc, on 08 November 2010 - 09:27 PM, said:

On another note, for those of you that read the graphic novels, how much time passed while Glenn was in a coma?  It seems weird that Shane and Lori hooked up so quickly (was there something going on between them before the whole zombie thing?) and why did they just leave her husband (Rick) in the hospital?

They never really specify, but it was probably a month. Everyone thought Rick was dead so Lori stuck close to Shane.

Edited by Bracket, 08 November 2010 - 09:32 PM.

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#62    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,925 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:44 PM

I think it's somewhat realistic...9 months after 9/11, NYC experienced a mini baby boom. Sex is a way to reaffirm and perhaps celebrate that you're alive after cheating death.
That's very true.

Also, how many books are there in the series? I noticed some at a store the other day, the highest numbered one was 11. I'm thinking about buying the first couple when they get them in, and was just curious.

Posted Image

#63    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

I think it's somewhat realistic...9 months after 9/11, NYC experienced a mini baby boom. Sex is a way to reaffirm and perhaps celebrate that you're alive after cheating death.

Well as I was just talking about horror movies... the ones having the nookie while hiding on the creepy creature hunting them....it wasn't much of a celebrating of life ..for 2 mins after their nookie...they come out of hiding and   SPLAT!!! they're dead   lol....

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#64    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:33 PM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 08 November 2010 - 09:44 PM, said:

That's very true.

Also, how many books are there in the series? I noticed some at a store the other day, the highest numbered one was 11. I'm thinking about buying the first couple when they get them in, and was just curious.

Volume 13 should be coming out later this month, but they're also going to start re-issuing all the previous issues from #1 to now in a weekly format and they'll be about 4 bucks each.

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#65    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

AMC announced today the renewal of "The Walking Dead" for a 13-episode second season.

#66    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,925 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:33 PM

View PostBracket, on 08 November 2010 - 10:33 PM, said:

Volume 13 should be coming out later this month, but they're also going to start re-issuing all the previous issues from #1 to now in a weekly format and they'll be about 4 bucks each.
Huh, cool. Thanks.

View PostBracket, on 08 November 2010 - 11:15 PM, said:

AMC announced today the renewal of "The Walking Dead" for a 13-episode second season.
Also cool. :yes:

Posted Image

#67    Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

• Know in your soul, like your blood knows the way.

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:25 AM

View PostBracket, on 08 November 2010 - 11:15 PM, said:

Season 2 is going to be nucking futs.

#68    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:46 AM

It's up on hulu now - for those of you that can't watch it on cable yet.
:tu:

Edited by archernyc, 09 November 2010 - 01:47 AM.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#69    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

I've just watched the first two episodes last night. Managed to find it download-able in sweet quality  :tu:  

It's already on FOX, dubbed in German, here in Germany as well, but that's pay TV, which is super expensive over here. I assume it's going to take like a year to be on free TV, and then I guess it will be heavily cut.

Anyway, watched the first to episodes, and I really liked it! Costumes are great, setting and scenery feels kinda right, and the Characters are good, too. Just Rick is a bit to slick and "perfect" for me. I hope that changes, and we get to see some of his flaws.

I also hope that Lennie James (The father with his son, damned with the fate of not being able to put down his loved one) will reappear in the show. He is a great actor (loved him in Jericho). But it seems like he is only in the first episode.

#70    Col. Kurtz

Col. Kurtz

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

• God told me to skin you alive.

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

Ok maybe ''sucks'' was to harsh,,but the hook-up between the sherrifs wife and the deputy really killed this series for me. I could understand maybe 4 or 5 episodes into it if she really thought he was dead,,but not in the second episode after the grand opening.

Hey Joe ,,where you goin with that gun in your hand??

#71    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

But actually, that's how some people are! Maybe she's always been cheating on him, who knows.

#72    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,939 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

View PostCol. Kurtz, on 09 November 2010 - 01:08 PM, said:

Ok maybe ''sucks'' was to harsh,,but the hook-up between the sherrifs wife and the deputy really killed this series for me. I could understand maybe 4 or 5 episodes into it if she really thought he was dead,,but not in the second episode after the grand opening.

Well the hook up happened over a month after Rick was shot. The last she knew he was in a comma surrounded by hungry zombies. Not surprising she would think he was dead.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#73    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:37 PM

And we do not really know much about their affair. Maybe it turns out nicely and well written over the the next 1 or 2 episodes.

#74    Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

• Know in your soul, like your blood knows the way.

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:42 AM

I think Lori substitutes Shane for Rick purely out of necessity... but Shane, being the douche he is, actually enjoys his newfound status/importance amidst the zombie outbreak... so much so, that Shane even tries to kill Rick for returning alive and screwing up his new life.
In the comic, Lori talks about it regrettably as a one-night-stand on a lonely night rather than how the Series is portraying it, as more of an affair/relationship. Lori even has Shane's child in the comic but no one in the camp ever really acknowledges to Rick that the baby, Judith, is Shane's.
Lori is much more of a hoe in the Series than in the comic.

Edited by Pol_Pot_Lives_Again, 11 November 2010 - 02:56 AM.

#75    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:07 AM

View PostPol_Pot_Lives_Again, on 11 November 2010 - 02:42 AM, said:

I think Lori substitutes Shane for Rick purely out of necessity... but Shane, being the douche he is, actually enjoys his newfound status/importance amidst the zombie outbreak... so much so, that Shane even tries to kill Rick for returning alive and screwing up his new life.
In the comic, Lori talks about it regrettably as a one-night-stand on a lonely night rather than how the Series is portraying it, as more of an affair/relationship. Lori even has Shane's child in the comic but no one in the camp ever really acknowledges to Rick that the baby, Judith, is Shane's.
Lori is much more of a hoe in the Series than in the comic.

Thanks for giving that away to the ones who didn't already know that Pol.  :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users