Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

• Please log in to reply
1629 replies to this topic

#691    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,342 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

I was a bit disspointed at how slow they are moving this along. War has been decleared now lets see how far the Gov goes and if Mashone and Rick suffer before the ...............

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#692    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

View PostHimawari69, on 05 March 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

I thought andrea was going to stab the governer in his sleep...i was all tense thinking do it do it do it, but she didnt, how dissapointing. I think rick will be the one to kill him tho.
No,I don't think it will be Rick :)

Miss me?

#693    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 11 March 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

I'm really over the soap opera overtones of Rick's visions of his wife, together with the loss of humanity where they just let that poor hitchhiker buy it and then came back and collect his back back on the return trip to the prison after driving by his "remains", - not liking this character development one bit I have to say <_< :hmm: .

It seemed quite callous ,but I think ,in such a world ,you get to a point where you don't know who to trust . Look at how fast those two from that other group would have killed everyone to take it all for themselves ,including Carl .

Miss me?

#694    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 11 March 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

I did not like the part where
Spoiler

Rick is more off his rocker than i even thought.
He's not. Just fact he said what he said to Herschel ,means he knows what to do ...he's just emotionally conflicted .

Miss me?

#695    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

View Postxsas, on 11 March 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

I stay well clear of this thread on mondays until I get to see last nights episode.. I have just watched it.

PA... You normally catch up on monday, had you watched last nights epsiode before you started editing with the spoilers?
Me too. I don't watch til Monday . I come in once I've watched it. Facebook is agony during True Blood season for me. These ppl do not know how to keep a secret.

Miss me?

#696    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 12 March 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

Considering that I do not have Foxtel/Pay-tv and if I had it wouldn't be available until tonight, the only way I could watch it is via some kind of illegal download.  Considering that discussing illegal downloading on UM is against the site rules, I can neither confirm nor deny that I have seen the show yet.  But as a general rule I don't come onto this thread until after I've seen the episode, so without admitting to having seen it, chances are I wouldn't have posted unless I had.

Nevertheless, it doesn't air on Australian tv's until later tonight, so many Australian's won't have watched the show until later tonight.  Besides, it's just good form to use Spoiler tags with new tv-shows.

Quality, response.. :innocent:

Posted Image

#697    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,087 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 12 March 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

It seemed quite callous ,but I think ,in such a world ,you get to a point where you don't know who to trust . Look at how fast those two from that other group would have killed everyone to take it all for themselves ,including Carl .
He was a single hitch hiker running for his life - Rick was a police officer taught to protect and serve, it was a departure from human sensibility that can only be irreparable and begs the question - what value is there in life when your honour is governed by your fears?

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#698    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,280 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

PA while my daughter was here I got to watch the show hours behind the US. Luckily I have foxtel atm so I stay away from here till after seeing the show. I'll soon be moving and Foxtel may have to go so I'm going to be so lost.

Anyway as to tonight's show....

Spoiler

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#699    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,208 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 12 March 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

He was a single hitch hiker running for his life - Rick was a police officer taught to protect and serve, it was a departure from human sensibility that can only be irreparable and begs the question - what value is there in life when your honour is governed by your fears?

Yes but in this type of situation one would revert back to survival of the fittest along with only trusting a very few.Who knows that hitch hiker could have been sent out by the gov with others waiting in the woods to ambush or just went along by himself and caused all sorts of chaos when inside the prison.Look at ricks friend with the radio he was by himself and had snapped long before and then tried to kill him when he came back.In ricks case trying to protect himself and their small circle is his best bet.Considering he cant even trust his own brain to not short out,i wouldnt trust anyone either.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#700    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 12 March 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Yes but in this type of situation one would revert back to survival of the fittest along with only trusting a very few.Who knows that hitch hiker could have been sent out by the gov with others waiting in the woods to ambush or just went along by himself and caused all sorts of chaos when inside the prison.Look at ricks friend with the radio he was by himself and had snapped long before and then tried to kill him when he came back.In ricks case trying to protect himself and their small circle is his best bet.Considering he cant even trust his own brain to not short out,i wouldnt trust anyone either.

If the hitch hiker was part of the Gov’s team and planted as a trap, I am pretty sure the Gov would have hit Rick when they were stuck in the mud a few miles down the road.

He and his team would have  followed Rick to find another opportunity and that would have been perfect time to hit them.

Posted Image

#701    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,208 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

View Postxsas, on 12 March 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

If the hitch hiker was part of the Gov’s team and planted as a trap, I am pretty sure the Gov would have hit Rick when they were stuck in the mud a few miles down the road.

He and his team would have  followed Rick to find another opportunity and that would have been perfect time to hit them.

I never said he was,in ricks mindset though he could have been.Also as i said if they picked him up once he got to the prison and gained trust then started trouble who knows what the outcome could have been.Just making a point that in a world like that trust is a very hard thing to do.

I agree with what you said though "if" he was a plant would have been perfect timing or wait until they had him in the prison always good to have ones own planted behind enemy lines to cause discord  :lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#702    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,087 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 12 March 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Not good enough imo.  Rick only lived at all because his friend originally saved his life.  Rick's son only lived because the good doctor chose to treat him.  Losing all faith and letting someone die who was clearly being chased by zombies is a betrayal to all who helped him in the past, he proved he was not worth their efforts because he would not do the same for another and has become what he claimed to hate.  There is no difference between Rick and the Governor right now, if Rick had been in the Governor's shoes at the outset of the Zombie outbreak he has shown clear as day that he would be just as bad today.  I can't even be bothered taking sides and cheering for the "good guys", there are no good guys just decay of the human spirit, bah humbug.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#703    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,443 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 13 March 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

I can't even be bothered taking sides and cheering for the "good guys", there are no good guys just decay of the human spirit, bah humbug.
Perhaps that was the point?

I have a feeling Rick will regain his human compassion.  Perhaps he already has now that he appears to have accepted the death of his wife (that is, he no longer seems to be having hallucinations about her).  His discussion with Hershel at the end of the last episode suggests to me he's done that - two episodes ago, he would have had no problem sacrificing Micchione.  But for a time, he had lost it and became the thing he despised (the thing he killed Shane for back in Season 2).  If not already, then soon he will walk back into his role as the compassionate leader.

Either that, or Rick will die and someone else (Daryl? Glen?) will step up and assume Rick's role.  But I don't think that likely to happen (which means it probably will, since TWD love to throw us curve balls).

Edited by Paranoid Android, 13 March 2013 - 06:18 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#704    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,188 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Thay have to answer some of the questions raised above this episode or it is going to hurt the program.  You can't drag this stuff out forever.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#705    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 13 March 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Perhaps that was the point?

I have a feeling Rick will regain his human compassion.  Perhaps he already has now that he appears to have accepted the death of his wife (that is, he no longer seems to be having hallucinations about her).  His discussion with Hershel at the end of the last episode suggests to me he's done that - two episodes ago, he would have had no problem sacrificing Micchione.  But for a time, he had lost it and became the thing he despised (the thing he killed Shane for back in Season 2).  If not already, then soon he will walk back into his role as the compassionate leader.

Either that, or Rick will die and someone else (Daryl? Glen?) will step up and assume Rick's role.  But I don't think that likely to happen (which means it probably will, since TWD love to throw us curve balls).
the show will not be the same without Rick... Glen will make a good leader if only he wasn't impulsive, he needs Hershel's tranquility to be leader of the group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users