Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

• Please log in to reply
1629 replies to this topic

#76    Avant

Avant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:45 AM

I'm interested in how they are going to handle "the Governor" parts.  I doubt they will handle him till the 2nd series though when the Zombie's start getting predictable.

I like the series so far, it's very intense though, I need a little more light relief sometimes but I guess thats hard to come by during a Zompocalypse...wait did I just create a new word?

#77    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:17 AM

View PostAvant, on 11 November 2010 - 03:45 AM, said:

I'm interested in how they are going to handle "the Governor" parts.  I doubt they will handle him till the 2nd series though when the Zombie's start getting predictable.

I like the series so far, it's very intense though, I need a little more light relief sometimes but I guess thats hard to come by during a Zompocalypse...wait did I just create a new word?

Yeah, i'd like to see where they go with him. I'm not a huge fan of that THING he did to Rick, that still affects him in the comics, and i doubt they'll go as far as he did with Michonne in the tv series.

Edited by Bracket, 11 November 2010 - 04:18 AM.

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#78    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,933 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

Wow, now there really are lots of spoilers in this thread. I don't know the comic books, so could you guys keep the talk about what is going to happen down, or put that in another thread? I would appreciate.  :tu:

#79    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:42 PM

I'm with Flombie, I don't know what you guys are talking about, but please use the Spoiler function so that the rest of us can enjoy the unfolding story.

<_<

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#80    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

I'm trying not to reveal too much.  :P

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#81    Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

• Know in your soul, like your blood knows the way.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:59 AM

You can't really spoil anything because there is sooooo much incorporated in the plot twists... thats what makes it a cut above most zombie stories. And anyways, the series appears to be blazing its own trail so far.

Spoiler

Edited by Pol_Pot_Lives_Again, 12 November 2010 - 02:01 AM.

#82    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

So wondering if they're going to rename the show Walking Awkward :P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#83    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

The last couple episodes seem to be just hanging around, but from the looks of next weeks episode, they'll be getting back on track with the comic again.

#84    Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

• Know in your soul, like your blood knows the way.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:22 PM

The next episode is written by Robert Kirkman and it looks like its gonna be pretty good.

And after last night, I take back anything bad I ever said about Shane.

Edited by Pol_Pot_Lives_Again, 15 November 2010 - 09:25 PM.

#85    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:09 AM

So, who else watched the new episode?

#86    Avant

Avant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:29 AM

After last weeks episode it put me off a bit, I'm all for storyline and social interactions, but it needed more Zombies in it!  I'll give the new Episode a watch tonight

#87    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:45 PM

I was kind of disappointed for a few reasons:

1) The not-gangbangers. Being tough in order to scare off raiders is all well and good but Rick was being very reasonable, only wishing Glenn back. So why continue to be jerks and start a blood bath?

2) In a large city Merle is able to find their truck? What? What made it different from all the other cars and trucks?

3) I guess it was because there were no other cars or trucks. Otherwise why would Rick and his gang try to walk back to camp instead of just getting another car?

4) Ok everyone we found a zombie in camp today so we need to be extra careful...expect at dinner time at which point I want everyone to let their guard down.

5) Zombie Robert E Lee must be running around. After all the zombies were able to bypass the early warning systems at the camp, surround it, and then attack from all sides at the same time. Think that's a wee bit too tactical for a bunch of zombies.

The wife beater getting eaten was cool though.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#88    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

View PostCorp, on 22 November 2010 - 01:45 PM, said:

I was kind of disappointed for a few reasons:

1) The not-gangbangers. Being tough in order to scare off raiders is all well and good but Rick was being very reasonable, only wishing Glenn back. So why continue to be jerks and start a blood bath?

2) In a large city Merle is able to find their truck? What? What made it different from all the other cars and trucks?

3) I guess it was because there were no other cars or trucks. Otherwise why would Rick and his gang try to walk back to camp instead of just getting another car?

4) Ok everyone we found a zombie in camp today so we need to be extra careful...expect at dinner time at which point I want everyone to let their guard down.

5) Zombie Robert E Lee must be running around. After all the zombies were able to bypass the early warning systems at the camp, surround it, and then attack from all sides at the same time. Think that's a wee bit too tactical for a bunch of zombies.

The wife beater getting eaten was cool though.

1) Because they wanted the guns.

2&3) The truck was parked close to where Merle was chained up, and the explanation as to why he just so happened to steal their truck can be explained very soon after. They had to run back to the camp, so there probably wasn't any other vehicles in the area.

4) Everyone lets their guard down every once in a while, especially people who aren't exactly trained in that sort of thing.

5) There were no early warning systems, just a person watching, but no one was watching at that time (again, look to #4). Besides, they're walking slow, which means they're quiet, i wouldn't call that tactical. They were most likely attracted there by Glenn's car alarm or the various noises they made throughout the time they were there like yelling during the first encounter with the zombie eating the deer or when Shane kicked the wife beaters ass.

#89    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:01 AM

Actually the truck looked like it was parked at the edge of town and they had to walk the rest of the way. I would think the more logical thing for Merle to do would be to go to the construction site...or stealing one of the many cars on the road. That he just happened to wait until he happened to come across the very truck Rick came to town in is rather unbelievable. I'd also think that walking back a few blocks to hotwire a car would be better than jogging several miles.

Yes people do let their guard time from time to time but when everyone you know have been eaten by zombies and you found a zombie in your camp that morning you'd think you'd be paying more attention. And they did have warning systems, for several shows they've show the group putting up strings of cans all around the camp. I guess the zombies managed to avoid them.

#90    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:42 AM

View PostCorp, on 23 November 2010 - 01:01 AM, said:

Actually the truck looked like it was parked at the edge of town and they had to walk the rest of the way. I would think the more logical thing for Merle to do would be to go to the construction site...or stealing one of the many cars on the road. That he just happened to wait until he happened to come across the very truck Rick came to town in is rather unbelievable. I'd also think that walking back a few blocks to hotwire a car would be better than jogging several miles.

Yes people do let their guard time from time to time but when everyone you know have been eaten by zombies and you found a zombie in your camp that morning you'd think you'd be paying more attention. And they did have warning systems, for several shows they've show the group putting up strings of cans all around the camp. I guess the zombies managed to avoid them.

Yes, but logic tells us that they stopped on the side on town that leads to camp. If merle decided to hoof it to camp, he'd come across the truck.

Yeah, but no one said they surrounded the camp. The zombie they ran into that morning didn't come across them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users