Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

• Please log in to reply
1184 replies to this topic

#766    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 March 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

Did anyone note th very cool music playing in the car ? OLD Ted Nugent and motorhead !

Wasnt sure but i thought it was,good ears simbi!HaHaHa

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#767    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 25 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

I give that honor to rick  ;)
What? The biggest wuss? He's not a follower like Merle was, and he now knows that he needs help from the group. Toughness doesn't come from swear words and acting like an idiot ot hide your fear. Toughness comes from being honest about your own weaknesses and working through them to strengthen them.

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#768    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,351 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostChewiesArmy, on 26 March 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

What? The biggest wuss? He's not a follower like Merle was, and he now knows that he needs help from the group. Toughness doesn't come from swear words and acting like an idiot ot hide your fear. Toughness comes from being honest about your own weaknesses and working through them to strengthen them.

Merle wasnt afraid to take action,not always the smartest thing as we have saw a few times haha but still tried to get things done.Rick kept trying to act like a leader yet fumbled away opportunities.Toughness comes from within oneself and not being afraid to act,hesitation is one of the biggest weaknesses.Though now we are discussing philosophy about a tv show with zombies,kinda funny  :lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#769    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 26 March 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

Merle wasnt afraid to take action,not always the smartest thing as we have saw a few times haha but still tried to get things done.Rick kept trying to act like a leader yet fumbled away opportunities.Toughness comes from within oneself and not being afraid to act,hesitation is one of the biggest weaknesses.Though now we are discussing philosophy about a tv show with zombies,kinda funny  :lol:
Merle didn't have a kid a baby and just lost his wife. Two very different sets of motivation . Merle was close to a sociopath in some ways. Darryl kept him sane.
When he wasn't with Darryl ,he was completely insane. Reunited with Darryl,he atoned for his past misdeeds .
I'm sure he didn't intend to die ,but he knew he had a more than 50% chance of doing so .
He did it so Darryl would be proud of him ,not ashamed .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 26 March 2013 - 05:15 AM.

Miss me?

#770    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,351 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 March 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

Merle didn't have a kid a baby and just lost his wife. Two very different sets of motivation . Merle was close to a sociopath in some ways. Darryl kept him sane.
When he wasn't with Darryl ,he was completely insane. Reunited with Darryl,he atoned for his past misdeeds .
I'm sure he didn't intend to die ,but he knew he had a more than 50% chance of doing so .
He did it so Darryl would be proud of him ,not ashamed .

You are correct,but do not forget a lot of the insanity we saw from merle had a little to do with having to cut his hand off to get away from walkers.Also darryl wasnt much different from merle at the begining either  ;) I missed most of season 2 getting caught back up this week with the marathon,hell almost forgot most of season 1 haha.

Im wondering how darryl will view rick now,he was the reason they were seperated in the first place now his hairbrained idea led to his brothers death.Also remember this is a world gone to **** right and wrong have changed in its place has come survival,it is easy for us as the viewers to sit back and judge.Have to excuse me but im not the type who always pulls for the "good guys" in movies,books,shows just not my nature to try and excuse their faults because it seems like the right or popular thing to do  :tu:

#771    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Just watched the show. I felt sorry for Darryl, the way he kept pushing Merle away before he realized what he needed to do. In a way I wonder if Merle did what he did to show some sort of remorse or group acceptance?

I don't think Darryl will blame Rick as they all knew Merle was always a hot headed,do as you want guy. I was surprised that he let Michonne go and I'm glad as she and Maggie can certainly keep up with the guys when it comes to fighting.

Glenn, just hope he washed Maggies ____ first lol. It's nice to see though with an unknown future that they are still at least trying to have some semblance of a normal life.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#772    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 26 March 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

You are correct,but do not forget a lot of the insanity we saw from merle had a little to do with having to cut his hand off to get away from walkers.Also darryl wasnt much different from merle at the begining either  ;) I missed most of season 2 getting caught back up this week with the marathon,hell almost forgot most of season 1 haha.

Im wondering how darryl will view rick now,he was the reason they were seperated in the first place now his hairbrained idea led to his brothers death.Also remember this is a world gone to **** right and wrong have changed in its place has come survival,it is easy for us as the viewers to sit back and judge.Have to excuse me but im not the type who always pulls for the "good guys" in movies,books,shows just not my nature to try and excuse their faults because it seems like the right or popular thing to do  :tu:
The fear of death isn't insanity. Merle was a scared person. He was alone, he just threw out a tough exterior. And Merle was the reason they were seperated and Darrly realized that when they recently left the prison together. I loved Merle's character, he was a blast...but he wasn't what he seemed at all.

I'm not excusing Rick's faults, he's an idiot at times like the rest of us. Rick was annoying when it came to Laurie. He should've ended it with her. But the story, via the comic, is about how Rick goes through this time. It's about how he evolves as a person during the apocalypse; how he changes. The story is about Rick and not him being a "good guy"...just a guy.

You bring up a great point that we are talking philosophy about The Walking Dead which reinforces me that it's that awesome of a show!! Not many shows brings this out of people.

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#773    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,351 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostChewiesArmy, on 26 March 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

The fear of death isn't insanity. Merle was a scared person. He was alone, he just threw out a tough exterior. And Merle was the reason they were seperated and Darrly realized that when they recently left the prison together. I loved Merle's character, he was a blast...but he wasn't what he seemed at all.

I'm not excusing Rick's faults, he's an idiot at times like the rest of us. Rick was annoying when it came to Laurie. He should've ended it with her. But the story, via the comic, is about how Rick goes through this time. It's about how he evolves as a person during the apocalypse; how he changes. The story is about Rick and not him being a "good guy"...just a guy.

You bring up a great point that we are talking philosophy about The Walking Dead which reinforces me that it's that awesome of a show!! Not many shows brings this out of people.

Yeah i agree,was thinking about stop watching when they killed merle of but since watching the older episodes i had forgot a lot of things.These writers have done a pretty damn good job at making people think.I know what you mean by merle wasnt what most thought,i myself have had "others look at me like i am the devil himself" Merle quote haha because i am a fighter most think its barbaric.As a friend of mine says people judge me because i fight,have tattoos,a shaved head,muscles,and a few scars haha,that scares people and they judge me as bad based on these things.This could not be further from the truth though i try to help with everything i can people,causes,situations,have a clean criminal record but it still doesnt change the regular every day persons views unless they get to know me.I know other people who are doctors,nurses,teachers and other professions that are meant to help others but are the biggest pieces of s**t around.

#774    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,865 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

Spoiler

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#775    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

After watching the latest episode, I have officially changed my opinion on merel, turns out he wasn't such a bad guy after all

#776    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,351 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostTia, on 26 March 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Just watched the show. I felt sorry for Darryl, the way he kept pushing Merle away before he realized what he needed to do. In a way I wonder if Merle did what he did to show some sort of remorse or group acceptance?

I don't think Darryl will blame Rick as they all knew Merle was always a hot headed,do as you want guy. I was surprised that he let Michonne go and I'm glad as she and Maggie can certainly keep up with the guys when it comes to fighting.

Glenn, just hope he washed Maggies ____ first lol. It's nice to see though with an unknown future that they are still at least trying to have some semblance of a normal life.

I think merle did what he did because he knew the gov very well and knew what he had become and would do.Remember when he wanted to take action during the episode where rick and the gov had their little talk?He knew handing michonne over wouldnt change anything,he also knew what would happen to michonne.He wanted to be back with his brother more than anything and being accepted in the group he had to help for him and his brothers own survival was part of it.

I very much think he would hold something against rick,though with the next episode being a showdown it may be forgotten for the moment in time.Once again survival.

Michonne is a badass!My next in line favorite character behind merle,as merle said they were both on the outside looking in.Both are characters of action,may not be your classical idea of such but the truth none the less.This is why i think merle let michonne go,they were 2 sides of the same coin.The "good guys" would have or thought about handing either one of them over if they thought it would save their own asses.

#777    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

Spoiler

#778    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

I have a quick question about Sundays episode?

Spoiler

You just know the season finale on Sunday is going to leave us with a stack of questions, loads of guess work on what happens next, until it starts again in October?

Posted Image

#779    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,865 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Postxsas, on 28 March 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

I have a quick question about Sundays episode?

Spoiler

You just know the season finale on Sunday is going to leave us with a stack of questions, loads of guess work on what happens next, until it starts again in October?

Spoiler

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#780    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

Does it matter?

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users