Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 4 votes

The Walking Dead (TV Series)


  • Please log in to reply
1619 replies to this topic

#886    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,295 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

When a series like the walking dead or breaking bad take such a long break between series it hurts. I love walking dead and breaking bad but for f sakes I don`t care anymore. One becomes less pasionate about it. Hope rick losses his and Michone gets nasty and the gov goes bobbet. This wait is pathetic


AMC is a p***off

Edited by The Silver Thong, 06 July 2013 - 05:02 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#887    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

    My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

  • Member
  • 6,293 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 06 July 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

When a series like the walking dead or breaking bad take such a long break between series it hurts. I love walking dead and breaking bad but for f sakes I don`t care anymore. One becomes less pasionate about it. Hope rick losses his and Michone gets nasty and the gov goes bobbet. This wait is pathetic


AMC is a p***off

That's one hell of a rant there ST, the wait is killing us all but I bet it's worth it when it gets rolling.

We will be expecting more from these shows when the hit the screens again, so I bet they take some time to put together, the last thing we want is a poorly produced quikly put together season.

Looking forward to The Walking dead & The Game of Thrones.

Posted Image

#888    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

    Warrior of Light

  • Banned
  • 4,200 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Serbia

  • .....This moment contains all moments.....

    ...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Is there anything the Walking Dead does differently than other zombie shows/movies ? (<noob)

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland


#889    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

    ????????

  • 26,926 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sydney

  • Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 08 July 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Is there anything the Walking Dead does differently than other zombie shows/movies ? (<noob)
I can't say as I've seen any other zombie tv-shows (though Game of Thrones does have a zombie-element it would be fair to say it's not really a zombie flick).  I'm generally not a fan of zombie films (never been a gore fan).  What the series does allow is for extensive character development.  In a zombie movie you generally know that everyone is going to die, except for perhaps the main actor in the group, and if lucky one or two close associates.  The pay-off is in the suspense as you never know WHEN they will die, or how they will die.  In a tv-series you have a greater scope to develop minor characters, secondary characters, and become attached to them.  When you're attached to them, it's uber-shocking when they suddenly get bitten and you shake your head and say "no, not him, anyone but him.  I feel bad now".  The pay-off here is in the emotional attachment to deeply revered characters who either survive or perish due to circumstances outside their control.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#890    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 6,485 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 08 July 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

I can't say as I've seen any other zombie tv-shows (though Game of Thrones does have a zombie-element it would be fair to say it's not really a zombie flick).  I'm generally not a fan of zombie films (never been a gore fan).  What the series does allow is for extensive character development.  In a zombie movie you generally know that everyone is going to die, except for perhaps the main actor in the group, and if lucky one or two close associates. The pay-off is in the suspense as you never know WHEN they will die, or how they will die.  In a tv-series you have a greater scope to develop minor characters, secondary characters, and become attached to them.  When you're attached to them, it's uber-shocking when they suddenly get bitten and you shake your head and say "no, not him, anyone but him.  I feel bad now".  The pay-off here is in the emotional attachment to deeply revered characters who either survive or perish due to circumstances outside their control.

Game of Thrones and TWD have this in common and they are both wildly popular.  Coincidence?

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#891    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

    Warrior of Light

  • Banned
  • 4,200 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Serbia

  • .....This moment contains all moments.....

    ...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 08 July 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

I can't say as I've seen any other zombie tv-shows (though Game of Thrones does have a zombie-element it would be fair to say it's not really a zombie flick).  I'm generally not a fan of zombie films (never been a gore fan).  What the series does allow is for extensive character development.  In a zombie movie you generally know that everyone is going to die, except for perhaps the main actor in the group, and if lucky one or two close associates.  The pay-off is in the suspense as you never know WHEN they will die, or how they will die.  In a tv-series you have a greater scope to develop minor characters, secondary characters, and become attached to them.  When you're attached to them, it's uber-shocking when they suddenly get bitten and you shake your head and say "no, not him, anyone but him.  I feel bad now".  The pay-off here is in the emotional attachment to deeply revered characters who either survive or perish due to circumstances outside their control.

I see. Well most properly executed shows are like that. I just hoped there was something original about the setting, that it wasn't just another classic zombie scenario.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland


#892    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

    ????????

  • 26,926 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sydney

  • Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 09 July 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:



I see. Well most properly executed shows are like that. I just hoped there was something original about the setting, that it wasn't just another classic zombie scenario.
Well there is a unique element, as far as I can see, I'm not sure whether knowing or not will spoil the show, so read at own peril:

Spoiler
. So, make of it what you will :)

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#893    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

    Warrior of Light

  • Banned
  • 4,200 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Serbia

  • .....This moment contains all moments.....

    ...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

That's a cool twist.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland


#894    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

Awww man....i wish they had left this in..
http://insidetv.ew.c...ombie-season-3/

Miss me?

#895    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 6,485 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:46 AM

Another interview and links to several more.  I like how they try and keep us involved during the long absence.

http://blogs.amctv.c...utm_term=276336

Edited by Merc14, 17 August 2013 - 01:47 AM.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#896    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

    Who's to say what is proper?

  • Member
  • 3,002 posts
  • Joined:24 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:St. Olaf

  • "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:57 AM

((Warning - Possible Spoilers - Season 3 Ahead))

love the show, I'm a big fan. I'm still bitter they killed off Andrea who came a long way from where she started...and it was just..heartbreaking to see her die. She died as a martyr really, which was a bittersweet exit. Well onward we must and I'm still pretty excited for this new season although ill probably watch it in December when I can get all the episodes during the break.


#897    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 6,485 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostEver After, on 17 August 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

((Warning - Possible Spoilers - Season 3 Ahead))

love the show, I'm a big fan. I'm still bitter they killed off Andrea who came a long way from where she started...and it was just..heartbreaking to see her die. She died as a martyr really, which was a bittersweet exit. Well onward we must and I'm still pretty excited for this new season although ill probably watch it in December when I can get all the episodes during the break.

That really was the worst kill to date.  She had changed so much and had become such a leader and then boom.  Of course, that is exactly what Kirkman wants and works for.  I really believe that what makes this a great show is the incredible acting coupled with the great direction and production.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#898    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

    ????????

  • 26,926 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sydney

  • Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

Ooh, zombie herds coming for season 4. Exciting :D

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#899    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Joined:23 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Somehow this series went under my radar, probably because I was so captured by GoT and the Borgias. Anyway, I got the DVD of the first two series a few days ago and have been blown away. I love horror, but this is better than anything I have ever seen, and far better acting than in the usual zombie films, except Milla Jovovitch :blush:

I would say to anybody wondering whether to see this series or not, then see it!


#900    Drayno

Drayno

    Bounty Hunter

  • Member
  • 3,881 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Neo-Mars

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostKaa-Tzik, on 07 September 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Somehow this series went under my radar, probably because I was so captured by GoT and the Borgias. Anyway, I got the DVD of the first two series a few days ago and have been blown away. I love horror, but this is better than anything I have ever seen, and far better acting than in the usual zombie films, except Milla Jovovitch :blush:

I would say to anybody wondering whether to see this series or not, then see it!

I'm glad you decided to take a leap of faith.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users