Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Moon is a Spaceship?

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#16    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:02 PM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 27 October 2010 - 05:43 PM, said:

Maybe they have no idea the moon is actually moving away from us, and that this Super Duper coincidence is nothing more than chance, and wont always be that way.

The size comparisons though mean squat in its "miraculous behavour". Not even sure why they mention that.
Im curious as to how else they say it Behaves/

Well, to be fair, the moon isn't moving away from us that fast, but saying "exactly" 400x is rather bad wording.

I'd like to know how far the moon has moved away from us since man started to measure it, and how much that has affected the 400x idea. Was it noticeably bigger 10,000 years ago?

OMG, crazy fringe idea - maybe the aliens put it there to momentarily shield us from a solar event in 2012. My avatar suddenly has meaning!

Edited by Moonie2012, 27 October 2010 - 06:06 PM.

#17    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

View PostMoonie2012, on 27 October 2010 - 06:02 PM, said:

Well, to be fair, the moon isn't moving away from us that fast, but saying "exactly" 400x is rather bad wording.

I'd like to know how far the moon has moved away from us since man started to measure it, and how much that has affected the 400x idea. Was it noticeably bigger 10,000 years ago?

OMG, crazy fringe idea - maybe the aliens put it there to momentarily shield us from a solar event in 2012. My avatar suddenly has meaning!

Now THAT, i will buy!
:lol:

the truth is out there....

#18    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

http://www.freemars....s/Luna/Luna.htm

Here's a neat page with some moon facts on it. It corroborates the 400x idea.

#19    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

View PostPaxus, on 27 October 2010 - 03:29 PM, said:

What is said about how odd it is that despite obviously having been hit by different sized objects the depth of the resulting craters is always about the same?

there is no end in sight re my obsession @ b/m link.....

http://hamptonroads....-cosmic-mystery

:P

#20    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:34 PM

The "exactly 400" isnt that solid as one first might think.

The Moons orbit is elliptical. This means that the distance from the Earth can vary by as much as 6% from its average value. Therefore, the Moons apparent size varies with its distance from the Earth, and it is this effect that leads to the difference between total and annular eclipses.

It is only when the Moon is closer to the Earth than average (near its perigee) that a total eclipse occurs.

The distance of the Earth from the Sun also varies during the year, but this is a smaller effect.

*Im not even going to dignify the Moon is a Spaceship nonsense with an answer.

Edited by Hazzard, 27 October 2010 - 08:36 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#21    3rd rock resident alien

3rd rock resident alien

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

The moon. Don't shoot anymore missile on that Nanny God. It is a shield of Mother Earth, Also It's my jumping point to the universe. It control spawning of ocean sea life. Many life beings copulate when the Moon is up. It includes humans.

The  Holy Council of the Conscious Gods
God in Real time. Almighty Supernatural Mega Spiritual Life Giver
In the absence of your god, Almighty Sun will always be with you.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. How I Wonder What You Are.

#22    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

View Post3rd rock resident alien, on 27 October 2010 - 09:16 PM, said:

The moon. Don't shoot anymore missile on that Nanny God. It is a shield of Mother Earth, Also It's my jumping point to the universe. It control spawning of ocean sea life. Many life beings copulate when the Moon is up. It includes humans.

... and dont forget about Werewolves, they do need something to howl at.   :blink:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#23    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:41 PM

View Postoldie, on 27 October 2010 - 05:33 PM, said:

Isaac Asimov stated, "It's too big to have been captured by the Earth. The chances of such a capture having been effected and the moon then having taken up a nearly circular orbit around our Earth, are too small to make such an eventuality credible."

I think Asimov was correct.
However, the Moon was not captured by the Earth.
It was formed from the accretion of early Earth debris which were blasted into an orbit around our young planet after a massive colission with a Mars sized object.

#24    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,807 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:53 PM

View PostMID, on 27 October 2010 - 10:41 PM, said:

I think Asimov was correct.
However, the Moon was not captured by the Earth.
It was formed from the accretion of early Earth debris which were blasted into an orbit around our young planet after a massive colission with a Mars sized object.
Yeah ! Yeah ! Mid you know these Guys In Here,They only watch Fringe,Chuck,Area51 Shows n stuff like that.
I bet If a Big Foot came out of a Flying Saucer Holding Skyeagles Hand and telling us that Vampires Rulled
The Moon and Have Been abducting all the People on Earth for Thousand`s of years,well ! Well I might just nneed to make a Movie about that. Now where were we ?
Anyway You need to Get Sally and our Sweet Ride to Mars ready ! At least we know  thats Real ! :wacko:
AnyoneHungry?

Attached Files

This is a Work in Progress!

#25    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

View PostMoonie2012, on 27 October 2010 - 02:48 PM, said:

From the article:

"The Moon is not only extremely odd in its construction; it also behaves in a way that is nothing less than miraculous. It is exactly four hundred times smaller than the Sun but four hundred times closer to the Earth so that both the Sun and the Moon appear to be precisely the same size in the sky which gives us the phenomenon we call a total eclipse. Whilst we take this for granted it has been called the biggest coincidence in the universe.

Furthermore, the Moon mirrors the movement of the Sun in the sky by rising and setting at the same point on the horizon as the  Sun does at opposite solstices. For example, this means the Moon rises at midwinter at the same place the Sun does at midsummer. There is no logical reason why the Moon mimics the Sun in this way and it is only meaningful to a human standing on the Earth."

Is this correct?

Not completely...

The Moon is not extremely odd in its construction. It is rather what planetologists would expect, a basically spherical ball of accreted matter...a moon.  Not a really big deal.   Fascinating to a fault, but because of what it can tell us about our planet and its origins, since it's basically made up of the early Earth.

The Moon is roughly 400 times smaller than the Sun in Diameter.  It is also approximately 1/370 the distance of the Sun to the Earth.
This is a rather insignificant numerology exercise, and is meaningless.

The angular size of the Moon approximates that of the Sun at some times, and at other's , it's different.  This is because of the variation in the Moon's orbit, and it's also an interesting celestial ratio, but nothing more.

The Moon essentially lies on the ecliptic, which has alot to do with why the Sun and the Moon move along the same plane!

These things describe nothing unusual.

Frankly, the only thing which speaks to the truly unusual (and in fact, to the crazed delusions of the lunatic fringe..) are Icke's ramblings about stuff he doesn't understand in the least...

#26    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:16 AM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 27 October 2010 - 05:43 PM, said:

Maybe they have no idea the moon is actually moving away from us, and that this Super Duper coincidence is nothing more than chance, and wont always be that way.

The size comparisons though mean squat in its "miraculous behavour". Not even sure why they mention that.
Im curious as to how else they say it Behaves/
Well, I'm not sure what they say, but when the moon behaves badly we should send it to its room.  Bad Moon!  No TV tonight! :P

#27    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,138 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:56 AM

View PostHazzard, on 27 October 2010 - 08:34 PM, said:

*Im not even going to dignify the Moon is a Spaceship nonsense with an answer.

But But............. awwww darn it  <_<

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#28    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,259 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:13 AM

View PostMID, on 27 October 2010 - 10:56 PM, said:

The Moon is roughly 400 times smaller than the Sun in Diameter.  It is also approximately 1/370 the distance of the Sun to the Earth.

Just wanted to extrapolate on this excellent fact. We are now very lucky to be living at a time when the moon is exactly the right distance from the Sun to cause a total Solar Eclipse. With the moon moving away, this fantastic phenomena will one day be lost forever. Even now, the ratio is not perfect. The moon is slightly smaller than the Sun from our perspective.

Hey, it's only about an 1.8 billion year window :w00t: !!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#29    Winterchronic

Winterchronic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• "A great deal more is known than has been proved."
    Richard Feynman

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:14 AM

On an unrelated note,
according to a mischievous logical extension of quantum mechanics affecting macroscopic objects..
If everyone stopped looking at the moon, it wouldn't exist (or very slowly start to de-exist)
Oh Einstein didn't like that.

Everyone needs a moon.

#30    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:17 AM

I've got a moon for ya... :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users