Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ancient Aliens show.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    UncleRemus

UncleRemus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:17 AM

I just watched a repeat of the Ancient Alien show on History channel and this episode was about UFO sightings depicted in visual and written accounts dating back thousands of years.  You would think after thousands of years up until now we would have concrete proof that UFO exists instead of visual and written accounts.  Why do you think we don't have this concrete evidence after a thousands of years?

#2    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:23 AM

View PostUncleRemus, on 30 October 2010 - 03:17 AM, said:

I just watched a repeat of the Ancient Alien show on History channel and this episode was about UFO sightings depicted in visual and written accounts dating back thousands of years.  You would think after thousands of years up until now we would have concrete proof that UFO exists instead of visual and written accounts.  Why do you think we don't have this concrete evidence after a thousands of years?
Because much like the Ancient Aliens show, many of todays sightings are subject to fallible interpretation.  If you'd really like to know more about the claims put forth in AA, give this thread a read.  It is long, but well worth it.

Cheers.

#3    Lcvec

Lcvec

civilized caveman

• 4,551 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 30 October 2010 - 03:23 AM, said:

Because much like the Ancient Aliens show, many of todays sightings are subject to fallible interpretation.  If you'd really like to know more about the claims put forth in AA, give this thread a read.  It is long, but well worth it.

Cheers.

Yep. Also, most of their claims have been debunked and some of the "evidences" don't really make much sense like the batteries and "light bulbs" inside the pyramids...well I think you'll find everything you need on boon's link.

#4    Non sequitur

Non sequitur

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:10 PM

View PostLcvec, on 30 October 2010 - 12:57 PM, said:

Yep. Also, most of their claims have been debunked and some of the "evidences" don't really make much sense like the batteries and "light bulbs" inside the pyramids...well I think you'll find everything you need on boon's link.
google the  Parthian Battery.

Edited by Non sequitur, 16 November 2010 - 06:11 PM.

#5    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

View PostNon sequitur, on 16 November 2010 - 06:10 PM, said:

google the  Parthian Battery.
Baghdad battery, as it's better known.
And not a battery at all, but a storage jar for religious scrolls.
To make it work you have to change some  basic features about the jars, and even then, these would only provide a spark, not enough to power lights.

For that matter, the supposed "light bulbs" are not lights bulbs, but part of a Egyptian creation story.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users