Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Claims and Implications

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:02 AM

Do you think that UFO testimonies should be ignored?
Is there no value of an honest statment anymore?
I've been thinking of all the people who claimed
that they witnessed UFOs, or simply implied that
they exist. I've done some research, and I found these
quotes.NOTE: The following is copied from documents
that are confirmed to be true. Here they are:

John Glen      
      "I believe certain reports of flying saucers to be legitimate."

Robert F Kennedy
        U.S. Senator
        “As you may know, I am a card-carrying member of the
Amalgamated Flying Saucers Association. Therefore, like many
other people in our country I am interested in the phenomenon of
flying saucers. It is a fascinating subject that has initiated both
scientific fiction fantasies and serious scientific research. I watch
with great interest all reports of unidentified flying objects, and I
hope that some day we will know more about this intriguing subject.  
Dr. Harlow Shapley, the prominent astronomer, has stated that there
is a probability that there is other life in the universe. I favor
more research regarding this matter, and I hope that once and for
all we can determine the true facts about flying saucers. Your
magazine can stimulate much of the investigation and inquiry into
this phenomenon through the publication of news and discussion of
material. This can be of great help in paving the way to aknowledge
of one of the fascinating subjects of our contemporary world.”
        In a letter to Gray Barker Publisher, Saucer News May 9, 1968”.

Daniel K. Inouye
       U.S. Senator  
       "There exists a shadowy Government with its own Air Force, its own Navy,
its own fundraising mechanism, and the ability to pursue its own ideas of national interest, free from all checks and balances, and free from the law itself."

Gerald R. Ford
       U.S. Representative
       "I think there may be substance in some of these reports ...
I believe the American people are entitled to a more thorough explanation
than has been given them by the Air Force to date. I think we owe it to the
people to establish credibility regarding UFOs, and to produce the greatest possible enlightenment of the subject."  
        March 1966

Lt. Colonel Richard Headrick
      "Saucers exist, I saw two. They were intelligently flown or operated
(evasive tactics, formation flight, hovering). They were mechanisms, not United States weapons, nor Russian. I presume they are extraterrestrial."
        Headrick was a radar bombing expert, 1959.

US Air Force Lieutenant / Professor Robert Jacobs
      "So this thing [UFO] fires a beam of light at the warhead, hits it and then
it moves to the other side and fires another beam of light. And the warhead tumbles out of space. What message would I interpret from that? [The UFOs were telling us] don't mess with nuclear warheads. Major Mannsman said, "You are never to speak of this again." After an article [about the incident years later], people would call and start screaming at me. One night somebody blew up my mailbox."
        From Disclosure, Steven M. Greer

Major General Joe W. Kelly
      "Air Force interceptors still pursue Unidentified Flying Objects as a matter of
national security to this country and to determine technical aspects involved."  
      Kelly made this statement in 1957.

Jimmy Carter
      " I don't laugh at people any more when they say they've seen UFOs.  It was the darndest thing I've ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colors
and it was about the size of the moon. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. One thing's for sure I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified objects in the sky. If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and the scientists." At a Southern Governors Conference describing an alleged UFO sighting he had in October of 1969 to reporters while campaigning in 1976.
      "I am convinced that UFOs exist because I have seen one."
      Former U.S. President, , five-time nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Ronald Reagan *
      "... when you stop to think that we're all God's children,
wherever we may live in the world, I couldn't help but say to him, just think how easy his task and mine might be
in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the universe. We'd forget all the little local differences that we have between our countries and we would find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this earth together."
        White House transcript of "Remarks of the President to Fallston High School Students and Faculty," December 4, 1985.
       "In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world."
Speech to the United Nations General Assembly, Forty-second session, "Provisional Verbatim Record of the Fourth Meeting", September 21, 1987.)
        "I occasionally think how quickly our differences, worldwide, would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world."
        From a speech with President Mikhail Gorbachev, in 1988. He made almost the same comment on many occasions.
        "I was in a plane last week when I looked out the window and saw this white light. It was zigzagging around.  I went up to the pilot and said, "Have you ever seen anything like that?" He was shocked and he said, "Nope." And I said to him: "Let's follow it!" We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light. We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens.  When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it. But we didn't file a report on the object because for a long time they considered you a nut if you saw a UFO..."
        1974, Reagan was often quoted referring to the possibility of an alien threat.

End of quotes. And these are just few quotes of the millions.
Were these people just trying to decieve us? Do these people have
no integrity? I think this is not apart of the deception because the
"secret" side of the government is trying to cover this matter up.
But there are countless folks who are men and women of honesty, and
they would't lie to the people of America and to the rest of the world.
I highly respect those people who have the courage and faith to speak
out into the world like this.  thumbsup.gif  

#2    Opinicus

Opinicus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:40 PM

Norman:

Integrity is not at issue. I don't think that anyone will dispute the integrity of many eye-witnesses. THEY believe they saw what they say they saw. THEY believe what they say that they believe…. But that's not proof of anything.

Besides some dirt samples, a few abnormal Geiger Counter readings… what does one have but eye witness accounts and "credible" opinions.

The problem with the whole phenomenon is that anyone can publish anything with nothing but innuendo and coincidence to hold up their theories. (and make some decent coin off this I might add.) As it stands today… there is no tangible proof that any of these encounters are beings from another planet.

That is the assumption but you know what happens when people assume.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users