Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If children ruled the world

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:21 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: sxc.hu</strong>
Image credit: sxc.hu
Stephen Treehorn: Kyu Sakamoto’s most popular song was Ue o muite arukô ("I Look Up When I Walk") and known as "Sukiyaki" in the United States. It topped the pop charts for three weeks in 1963 and is the only song sung entirely in Japanese ever to have achieved this. The song tells the story of man who looks up while he walks and whistles to avoid letting his tears fall.

On August 12, 1985, Kyu Sakamoto boarded Japan Airlines Flight 123. Just twelve minutes into the flight the plane experienced difficulties and signalled there was a problem. Approximately twenty minutes later the plane crashed. Before the aircraft hit the ground, Kyu Sakamoto was able to write a farewell note to his wife.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

ermmmm....do you have any idea how cruel children are?

a world ruled by children would be like a world ruled by serial killers.

#3    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,779 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:29 AM

dekker87, on 30 November 2010 - 11:43 AM, said:

ermmmm....do you have any idea how cruel children are?

a world ruled by children would be like a world ruled by serial killers.

Do you really believe this? Care to elaborate on your reasoning?

Posted Image

#4    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Seeker

• 2,953 posts

• "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:24 AM

This world would be screwed if children ran it.
But, it probably wouldn't be worse than who runs it now.  :rofl:

#5    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• 1,369 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:47 AM

Tim.C Melbourne, on 01 December 2010 - 05:29 AM, said:

Do you really believe this? Care to elaborate on your reasoning?

lol - yeah - i have a child...

ever watched a kid pull the wings off a fly? chase and torment a cat for it's own amusement?

children are driven by ego....what they want is what's important at the expense of anything else...liek serial killers.

it's naive and fluffy thinking in the extreme to believe that kids would rule the world in some benign way.

#6    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,779 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

dekker87, on 01 December 2010 - 08:47 AM, said:

lol - yeah - i have a child...

ever watched a kid pull the wings off a fly? chase and torment a cat for it's own amusement?

children are driven by ego....what they want is what's important at the expense of anything else...liek serial killers.

it's naive and fluffy thinking in the extreme to believe that kids would rule the world in some benign way.

Haha, yes most children do do those things, hell I did too (a fly with no wings = a walk ;) ).

But do you really believe that these things suggest the child has a capacity to kill someone?

If they had nukes we would be screwed, one tantrum and goodbye world... :(

Posted Image

#7    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,763 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

Wow, I was expecting replies like "Oh, it would be like Neverland with Peter Pan!", but instead it's all about how evil and demented kids are. LOL! Wow, so much hope is given to our future generations.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#8    dougeaton

dougeaton

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• I am an agnostic, don't like atheist much, well some of them, they can be worse than any die in the wool believer.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

Tim.C Melbourne, on 01 December 2010 - 01:47 PM, said:

Haha, yes most children do do those things, hell I did too (a fly with no wings = a walk ;) ).

But do you really believe that these things suggest the child has a capacity to kill someone?

If they had nukes we would be screwed, one tantrum and goodbye world... :(

Have you read the book "The Lord of the Flies"....do it my friend.  

doug

If you must have  finale absolute answers, then become an  hard nosed atheist or a fundie of any religion, both seem to be black and white thinkers, and have only contempt for those who think differently.

#9    dougeaton

dougeaton

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• I am an agnostic, don't like atheist much, well some of them, they can be worse than any die in the wool believer.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:, on 01 December 2010 - 04:18 PM, said:

Wow, I was expecting replies like "Oh, it would be like Neverland with Peter Pan!", but instead it's all about how evil and demented kids are. LOL! Wow, so much hope is given to our future generations.

Children learn and grow, empathy and compassion are also learned, though of course children do show these traits.  Children are unformed that is all.

doug

If you must have  finale absolute answers, then become an  hard nosed atheist or a fundie of any religion, both seem to be black and white thinkers, and have only contempt for those who think differently.

#10    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,041 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

I think in a way, children do sort of rule the world.. They got a big spot on the consumer market, and a lot of adults worship youth with almost as much ardor as money. And spend enormous amounts of money to try to keep that youth.

But seriously if kids ruled the world.. We would be screwed. lol, look at how much trouble we are entering into with entitled kids now a days. If they really ran things, it would possibly be a fine approach to wipe out the human race.

#11    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• 1,319 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

rashore, on 01 December 2010 - 05:12 PM, said:

I think in a way, children do sort of rule the world.. They got a big spot on the consumer market, and a lot of adults worship youth with almost as much ardor as money. And spend enormous amounts of money to try to keep that youth.

But seriously if kids ruled the world.. We would be screwed. lol, look at how much trouble we are entering into with entitled kids now a days. If they really ran things, it would possibly be a fine approach to wipe out the human race.

You are right,we would be screwed.As was mentioned, look at Lord of the Flies,and all the bullying that goes on,and kids bringing guns to school to shoot their classmates,and we would be better off????!!!
You see so many kids with this entitlement issue, I notice it more with girls than boys.My parents taught us the world doesnot owe you anything,and if you want something,you have TO WORK to get it  and to constantly improve yourself. They also taught us to have compassion for others,that there are other people and things in the world besides ourselves.Kind of a family thing, as my parents always tried to give money to charity and help were it might be needed, and my dad had an aunt and a first cousin who were nuns.
Even though we adults have made the world a mess in alot of ways, it still would be worse if kids ruled the world. However, I do admit that there are good kids out there who try to collect school supplies, toys or clothing for poor kids here in the US and overseas.

#12    Ketzer

Ketzer

Psychic Spy

• 1,152 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:49 AM

What the heck did I just read? Children are not mature enough to make decisions, to drink, to have sex, to do almost anything without the supervision of an adult, and he's talking about letting them be president and rule the world? The same children who cry if they fall on their butt, cry if their mom doesn't buy them bubble gum at the store? Yeah, let's put them in charge of the whole world. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

#13    nettysavalon

nettysavalon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

• If you find spelling mistakes,you can keep them.I no longer need them.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:10 PM

Has anybody read the book "The indigo Children???"Kids are after all human beeings and they see far more and more rational then adulds!!They are innocent and are not poisoned with an adulds point of view!!!Freedom for the gelly beans lets get rid of the plastic bags ey???

#14    TheSpookyLlama

TheSpookyLlama

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

I can see it now:

Jill: You won't invite me to your birthday party!? I DECLARE A WAR!!!

Bob: Did'ja say X-men sucks hard? (hits a red button that launches nukes)

Yeah...we would be totally screwed.

Posted Image
I Have A Dream...
"Disliking a whole nation or religion based off a few nutjobs makes you a nutjob as well." ~ Me.

#15    nettysavalon

nettysavalon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

• If you find spelling mistakes,you can keep them.I no longer need them.

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

o.k what are you on???Send some ova then ?????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users