Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If children ruled the world

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    Cella

Cella

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:04 AM

yeah, I gotta agree with the people who say we'd be screwed. It annoys me so bad when I hear people say things like, "I love kids, they're just so sweet and innocent..." NO, THEY ARE NOT! You have obviously never had kids! They have no respect for you or themselves and they lie, steal, sneak, and will destroy things. That might sound a little harsh but honestly, can you say your child has never stolen a cookie while you weren't looking, or sneaked into your bedroom looking for god know what! Or lied straight to your face with innocent eyes? And it doesn't matter how good of a parent you are, that's just how kids are, they don't comprehend or think about the consequences of their actions.

It's a good thing that a child's brain is like a sponge because if it wasn't, we'd never learn anything from the examples set by our parents and life in general. We all really would grow up to be horrible people.

#17    Antnanna

Antnanna

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

I feel the sense the writer is trying to make, is not teens or pre-adolescent, but infants who are born innocent.
The bad behavior they have as they grow older is learned behavior. Infants from birth on if not corrupted, would
only know love, kindness, sharing and giving. However, they do reach a time in their life, where I believe they
have taken in, those bad behaviors from not only the rest of the world, but from their own parents. So if children
could rule the world, sure if they didn't have to deal with the evils that have already been established. Everyone
in their life were pure at heart at one time. Now its just dog eat dog.

#18    Agent X

Agent X

Illustrious Potentate Of All Time Space And Matter

• 5,086 posts

• Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:14 AM

Children do rule the world. There is no real difference between children and adults. Adults just have more words to use.

Posted Image

#19    Dusk_Nightmare

Dusk_Nightmare

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 269 posts

• All books are divisible into two classes, the books of the hour, and the books of all time. -
    John Ruskin

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:03 AM

Well having worked with five-year-olds, I would honestly say that I would think that the Earth would be completely destroyed in a matter of a few hours should children rule the world.

"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine."
Posted Image
J. Edgar Hoover

#20    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,039 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:45 AM

At what point does it all go wrong? When do humans start to fundamentally self serve and lose connection with those around them? Why do people in the Western world care little for their neighbours and less still for those in the 3rd world?

At what point does it all go wrong?  was the question.  

The author used the title of this article to ask this one question.  But before I attempt to give it away it was interesting reading some of the comments here which suggested a variety of reasons why children would destroy the earth if they were to rule the world.  One person implied if entitlement children really ran things, they would possibly wipe out the human race and a couple comments suggested children are akin to serial killers. Than there were comments that maintained the theory that children are simply unformed and not mature enough to make decisions. All of these replies are honest opinions which reflect how we as individuals see ourselves through our own personal experience of human development.  

Do I, also a member of the homo sapien race here on earth agree with all commenters observations?  Certainly!  I feel each persons image is reflected upon each others existence.  Without each other there would be no one to kill, no one to wipe out and certainly no one mature enough to make informed decisions.  But there would also be no one to help or care for unconditionally, no one to love and no one to lust for.  There would be nobody.  No adults and no children.

We are all part of the human ecosystem on earth.  We are mammals and all life form on earth is part of its own unique ecosystem which forms the earths planetary ecosystem. All species on earth is reflective upon each others existence.  The cycle of life ends with death.  Death is the defining moment of each humans existence.  Our inner-conscience interacts non-stop throughout our existence by the developmental function of our outer-conscience state.  This begins from the earliest form of life development to the very unfortunate end of our life.  All life experiences the same fate.  And as all life that ends another life begins.  Its a cycle of development.

Have I lost you yet?  Its my own personal opinion that the answer to the question is death.  Without the fear of dying and the experience of existence through exposure to death in all life's interaction of all species on earth is the reason for instinctual motivation.

I'm tired.  Good night.

Edited by acidhead, 09 December 2010 - 07:56 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#21    deesasster

deesasster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:53 AM

The funny part about all these negative comments is that it describes the adults I know..hmm. Tantrums yeah adults do it all the time. Entitlement issues?? hmm.. wonder where they get it from? who makes their pampered kids feel entitled..it isn't the kids but these adults who raise them thats the problem...There are kids then the adults that hates them..no wonder the worlds so messed up :/ to bad these little monsters one day will be the next big monsters..cause I don't see anything thats so great about adults either..except they have special words for the ugliness they do..and isn't the earth destroyed already by adults?? or pretty damn close to it already?

#22    SilentCreeper83

SilentCreeper83

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:21 AM

I dunno...I guess it would be like Children of the Corn?
Not talking bad about kids, but would they really know what to do?
Sometimes I really wish Neverland (not the ranch!) was a real place.
That is the only place where kids could really be in charge.
Now lets all think a happy thought and go kill some pirates!

Edited by SilentCreeper83, 12 December 2010 - 02:28 AM.

"If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. If you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth." - Jacob's Ladder.

#23    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:04 PM

View PostTim.C Melbourne, on 01 December 2010 - 01:47 PM, said:

Haha, yes most children do do those things, hell I did too (a fly with no wings = a walk ;) ).

But do you really believe that these things suggest the child has a capacity to kill someone?

If they had nukes we would be screwed, one tantrum and goodbye world... :(
I'm thinking more like that movie,Logans Run,Yep the children would put a law out that old people would have to be "REBORN".dosen't quite fit my bill.

#24    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 7,401 posts

• Oops.

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

View Postnettysavalon, on 03 December 2010 - 11:10 PM, said:

Has anybody read the book "The indigo Children???"Kids are after all human beeings and they see far more and more rational then adulds!!They are innocent and are not poisoned with an adulds point of view!!!Freedom for the gelly beans lets get rid of the plastic bags ey???
Kids naturally break into groups and ostracize those who are different.
Unlike later on in life, where we learn the laws that force us to get along with each other.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#25    Oderint

Oderint

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

• Buggere Alle this for a Larke.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

If you think that children would rule the world in a "flowery rainbow-manner", check this out first http://www.dailymail...ren-crisis.html
basically a "reality show" where kids are locked in a house big brother-style without any supervision.
Not a happy place.

The Legend of the Ice people
Reviews here
Formerly known as Prawus

#26    RegalSin

RegalSin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Okay this is an old topic, great.

About children ruling the world. Let me tell you something.
IT IS HAPPENING AS WE SPEAK.

Alot of people never grewed up without celluar phones, and flatscreen televisions, or even
internet. Some of these people are working as college employees with Masters ( luckly they are not making a million dollars per year like their upper classmen ). Now when you give an inexprienced person with power, a position of grading and running a classroom, you have
just given them power over people. A type of control. I have had the pleasure of running into such people. However it is happening all over the place. It is like they ARE BOOK INTELLEGENT, but they are not SMART. Never in my entire life have I felt so abused mentally by cry babies who do not even live in my state.

I am from the mid-eighties, and grewed up admiring a world of peace, a world marveled in science, and a world of creativity and hope. However all of that was taken away from us.
I grewed up and lived in a world admiring my parents hoping to be just like them in every way. For some god forsaken reason these noobies who are five years from my generation
group have such a big problem with everything and everybody in this world. I had a dream, a dream to be an artist, and I was succeding in my dream, even if my parents were and are still against it.

Yet these new b******* who are just turning ( or estimated to being twenty ) are in high positions and are very hostile, violent, and full of rage against the world. It feels like all the idiots of the world just pushed my entire generation into submission and allowed people who do not consider lifespan or happiness to control or make changes. People who have no compasion and understanding. People who hid behind words in favor of anger.

IT IS HAPPENING BECAUSE THESE NEW PEOPLE DO NOT ADMIRE THEIR ELDERS AND HAVE INSANE IDEAS ABOUT HOW THE WORLD SHOULD BE RUN. PEOPLE WILL SURVIVE BUT THEY WILL BE UNHAPPY. THESE INSANE OUT OF CONTROL, IN CONTROL YOUTH WILL BE THE DEATH OF OUR SOCIETIES.

Ever think about the worst kind of people in the world? Well it is happening, and it is ugly. Imagine people who have soo much built up hate, people who abuse themselves to extents, people who kill without mercy. They are the future, and nobody cares. They are intellegent as the textbooks that were written for them, good noodles with fility hands, hiding them in gloves. They are the undeveloped, unexprienced, unlived young people.

And the world goes round and round because of the dumb people. Like the youth who have power and no exprience, or respect for the world.

#27    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

View Postdekker87, on 30 November 2010 - 11:43 AM, said:

ermmmm....do you have any idea how cruel children are?

a world ruled by children would be like a world ruled by serial killers.

Which one could reasonably debate all ready run the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users