Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bigfoot - debunk this

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16    Murrangurk

Murrangurk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:49 AM

View PostCol. Kurtz, on 04 December 2010 - 01:28 PM, said:

This topic has a thread here already,,pretty old if i remember right,,very interesting thread. :tu:

I thought so.  Link?

Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly.  Amen.
I play banjo - www.ccthornley.com

#17    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,107 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:03 AM

View PostSakari, on 04 December 2010 - 07:23 PM, said:

This picture was released october 23,2010.....There was supposed to be video coming out also....I have not looked nor followed this anymore.....The picture says it all.....

Posted Image
What is wrong with the picture? What is obviously false about it?

It does look like Chaka from Land of the Lost.

http://www.sylvanic....ouncements.html

OCTOBER 2010

Todd just returned from an 8 day expedition with incredible Bigfoot documentation. It was a bit of an adventure as he had a confrontation with a Grizzly bear that ended in retrieval by RCMP and Search and Rescue after being missing for 3 days. The team and his family are thrilled he made it back safely and he is ecstatic with his new photo and video evidence!

Here is a quick photo video Todd put together using photos where he caught Bigfoot watching him through the bushes~as you can see they were taken in full sunlight with fantastic detail.

I'm going to wait to see what this is. I may pay that $5 at some point, just out of curiousity, but I'm really resisting because I think it is bunk. Nothing Standing has put forward so far meshes with any other bigfoot expectations. So either this is a second type of unknown ape in North America or it is made up.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#18    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:14 AM

That is to funny.

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#19    Murrangurk

Murrangurk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

yeah, it looks...wrong...

Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly.  Amen.
I play banjo - www.ccthornley.com

#20    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,724 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:52 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 05 December 2010 - 07:03 AM, said:

I'm going to wait to see what this is. I may pay that $5 at some point, just out of curiousity, but I'm really resisting because I think it is bunk. Nothing Standing has put forward so far meshes with any other bigfoot expectations. So either this is a second type of unknown ape in North America or it is made up.

Looking at the Sylvanic site, the photo posted yesterday has been replaced with a youtube video

The problem with that is people have already been able to access the photo's properties and they do not match the story from Standing.

Just as an FYI, Standing's picture wasn't photo shopped… but the properties are definitely suspect as I talked to a photography buff and the camera's properties appear to have been in place to photograph a static subject.

Also the picture properties state the picture was taken on 8/18/10 at 8:13PM.

Did a brief synopsis of Todd "Rockwell" Standing of Outstanding Productions on the last half of the radio show last night. Presented some pretty condemning evidence of his legitimacy.

I saw when there were 3 pictures posted , he said the rest were no good. , I did see it before they were taken down as above quote explains.

Todd Standing pic blown up

Link above is the radio show of below :

Steve Kulls delves into the Bigfoot mystery each week with guests from around North America discussing their research or encounters. Tonight we have a guest witness, and we blow up the new Todd Standing picture on Sylvanic.com

Edited by Sakari, 05 December 2010 - 04:58 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#21    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,724 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

It was a bit of an adventure as he had a confrontation with a Grizzly bear that ended in retrieval by RCMP and Search and Rescue after being missing for 3 days.

Well , Sylvanic is not such a secret place anymore now is it?......They found him Posted Image

When I get home , I am going to write the RCMP , and research to see if any of this pans out.......

Edit : Nevermind , done deal.......

The picture, after initial criticisms from the Bigfoot research field, was yanked from the site, most likely, as not to allow the picture properties fall into the hands of detractor, and was replaced by this video, which claims that Standing had been rescued by the RCMP, (sources confirmed that the RCMP have denied rescuing Standing.) The video is filled with stock shots of bears, wilderness and of course the picture above

Here is a link that I say blows this out of the water !

After speaking with a professional photographer for an hour, we reviewed the picture under a hypothesis I had, that the picture you see was actually taken INDOORS. Perhaps at some museum, exhibit or diorama.  My analyst agreed and pointed out some contradiction in the shadowing of the picture, one being extremely obvious.

The subject in the film is looking in the direction of the "sun", yet there's a shadow on the snow cap where sunlight should be, indicating a second light source In actuality closer in distance to the subject than the  "light in the eye".  (We can tell from the properties that there was no flash used). There are several examples in the photo of this, but we'll point out the most obvious.

nice read on latest Sylvaninc

Edited by Sakari, 05 December 2010 - 05:19 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#22    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,607 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 05 December 2010 - 07:03 AM, said:

It does look like Chaka from Land of the Lost.

http://www.sylvanic....ouncements.html

Really?   I wouldn't support a scam.

#23    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

View PostMurrangurk, on 04 December 2010 - 06:50 AM, said:

I don't know who they are.  Just found them today.  They have 3 videos on youtube, one is of a bigfoot - they claim.
I saw all three on youtube, found their link via there and checked out there website.

I figure anyone that "high profile" would either be on to something or someone's already busted them.

But very interesting...

This is their footage of the actual thing....look closely now, and don't blink or you'll miss it.

Bigfoot - Live!
that is a bear if you ask me

#24    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,107 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

Good point with recognizing multiple light sources Sakari.

I still wonder what else Standing will come up with, but this is going into Biscardi type territory quick.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#25    Nikii MKay

Nikii MKay

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• Scare me, baby

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:01 AM

I had a monkey doll as a kid with that exact type of hair. Seriously, how can anyone have serious discussion/investigation about such fake photos? It looks like styrofoam covered in felt and mangy old shag carpet.

#26    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

why not just email the webmaster or moderators and ask if he is or was a columnist here? btw i don't know if it had anything to do with this guy, but in british columbia there is a law in place that says you cannot kill a sasquatch.  hardly seems like that could happen if you believe the guy's accounting of how impossible it is to get to this site he refers to.
sylvanic...i've asked around to many people i know here in BC if they have ever heard of this valley anywhere in the province. no one has.
sakari i want to thank you for posting those links to other forums. i spent a good long time going through the posts and i'd say this guy is debunked!

#27    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

[iIt looks like styrofoam covered in felt and mangy old shag carpet. ][/i] :w00t:

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#28    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,107 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

Is that even a tree found in the mid-lands of Canada? Looks like a hemlock or maybe a spruce.

#29    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 December 2010 - 08:58 PM, said:

Is that even a tree found in the mid-lands of Canada? Looks like a hemlock or maybe a spruce.
we hve both hemlock and spruce here in british columbia
the thing that looks wrong with the tree is that the image is softened almost to a blur - you can't really define the needles individually. but looking at the face you can see each hair clearly.
anyway you don't have to look for more than two seconds to see that it's two pics put together.

#30    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,724 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:22 AM

View PostJGirl, on 08 December 2010 - 07:12 PM, said:

sakari i want to thank you for posting those links to other forums. i spent a good long time going through the posts and i'd say this guy is debunked!

No , Thank You for reading them !

I love finding things like this , and most of the time it is posted , and ignored :(

It is nice to know my time was spent well Posted Image

I also say 100% debunked.......The big one is :

His latest claim of being attacked by a Grizzly , and being rescued by the Mounties.....Yet , no records at all , and the Mounties say nope :)

What a dumb **** !

I will ask some mods about him being a columnist for this site , I will ask them to please answer here.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users