Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Doom3

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:38 PM

I just got my copy of Doom3 from EB, and am taking a look at it now. Wow, it is incredible so far.

Is anyone else into the Doom series at all?

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#2    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:41 PM

Who ISN'T into Doom!?

I have all the old favourites, Doom, Doom II, Final Doom. But my system is a very, VERY long way off from being able to run Doom III sadly. I'm dying to play it though. Give us a nice review. How does it run? Sounds/graphics? What about the pant-filling factor?
Is it the same story as the first ones, just major supped up? Are all the old enemies in it?

#3    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

The mic rulah, the old schoolah

• 6,555 posts

• I hope you can see this because I'm doing it as hard as I can.

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:01 PM

i cant wait to play it. it looks so amazing and scary. but my comp would never be able to hold that. even if it could, i dont have 55 bucks to spend on it.

Posted Image

Resident Evil isn't just a game....its a religion!

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#4    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:02 PM

Is there any information for a port onto possibly PS2 or Gamecube? i know it's appearing on XBOX, but, well, meh.

#5    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

The mic rulah, the old schoolah

• 6,555 posts

• I hope you can see this because I'm doing it as hard as I can.

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:06 PM

no it wont be on ps2 or GC. i know for sure PS2 couldnt handle it but maybe GC could, but the id software has never made any games for Sony or nintendo so im pretty sure it wont be appearing on any other systems

Posted Image

Resident Evil isn't just a game....its a religion!

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#6    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:08 PM

All the original DOOM games and Quake II appeared on PS1 and PS2. So they have ported before. The graphics for Quake 2 were hideous compared to the PC version though, i'd prefer it if they didn't port to be honest.
Gamecube can handle the graphics, it's graphics system is actually better than the XBOX, but the playbility and some other features on gamecube are lacking, so you're probably right, most likely only xbox.

That sucks.

#7    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:10 PM

This is the one game i've been waiting two years for!!!

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! gunsmilie.gif  clap.gif  

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#8    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:13 PM

2 years?

Try 12 years!!

#9    mr_halo

mr_halo

Alien Abducter

• 4,556 posts

• "Apparently I have lost the fallatus to speak properly."

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:27 PM

i myself am waiting for Halo 2, argh why won't the time go quicker...

Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will, in fact, calm up.
Posted Image
There is an old Jaffa saying, General Hammond. "They do not build them as they once did."

#10    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (BurnSide @ Aug 3 2004, 12:41 PM)
Who ISN'T into Doom!?

umm me, i cant stand it, its so...retro...

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#11    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:33 PM

Janiel, you don't count you weren't even born when DOOM was concieved of. tongue.gif

#12    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (BurnSide @ Aug 3 2004, 01:33 PM)
Janiel, you don't count you weren't even born when DOOM was concieved of. tongue.gif

umm when did it come out then? HUH? im 16 i dont think it's 16+ yrs. old...

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#13    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:37 PM

The game is absolutely amazing. I am still in the very first part of the game but I am still impressed with the visual effects so far. Very creepy visually as well as sound effects.

Here is a screen capture. Not exactly the best quality as I had to make the file small enough to fit here, but you get the idea.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#14    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Janiel @ Aug 3 2004, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE (BurnSide @ Aug 3 2004, 01:33 PM)

umm when did it come out then? HUH? im 16 i dont think it's 16+ yrs. old...

1987 i believe was when wolfenstien first hit the shelves, which is a year before you were born. tongue.gif
doom was concieved off about that time. i didn't say when doom came out, i said when it was concieved off.

#15    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:38 PM

Fluffy, who's the marine dude?
Give us some of the story!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users