Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Boy, 16, allowed to become a woman but judge

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,732 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

But radical “makeovers” that turn healthy human beings into patients  for life, in order to fit the currently popular ideal of beauty - are  insane.

I watched part of a documentary where a girl had all sorts of operations to become a male. Not only did she endure surgeries but also taking meds that altered her chemistry.

Again here is where society as well as her parents failed her, by instilling this idea that in order to considered a "true" female she had to do this or that.
Again one taught her how to develop her own identity without relying on gender.

Even if she was to toally become male, she would still be the same person inside. Does a person assume that if one is female yet likes sports, cars and working on engines that this means they are really a male inside?

Does a male assume that because they prefer to design womens clothing, run a daycare, feel a strong "maternal" instinct when they hear a baby cry or baby animals or become watery eyed over a touching movie that they are really female inside?
I like swords of all sorts, ninja stars, dragons, armors and even some mens colognes; does that I am really a male inside?

Actually I would like someone to tell me, aside from physical gender and physical traits.....what actually makes a male a male and what makes a female a female?
Is the definition dependent solely on biochemical deviations and tendencies?

Why is it okay for women to like pink but not men? Why is is ok for men to like black but not women? Why is a man considered cool if he guzzles beer with his bud but if he doesn't like beer he is considered a wuss?

Do men and women really speak and write differently? If so then in what ways?

Some people chose to fully immerse themselves into the excessive gender roles society sets up and they don't bother to think about it, thinking that personality and identity are inextricable from their physical gender. Then there are those of us who take a step back and start to think about it.
Does it really make sense to let oneself be defined by whether or not a person has a..dangly-bit  and chest hair or not?  (Sorry..not sure if I am allowed to use proper terminology here)

#47    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

That isn't how it has to be, Ryu...no one has to live by society's rule. I am totally female, look vey feminine and yet have a big tomboy streak. I played sports growing up, I love power tools, worked on my own car forever, have been side by side with my husband in our welding shop for over twenty years and I don't worry about getting dirty. My mother said she didn't have to worry about a man getting me drunk and taking advantage of me because I could drink any of them under the table. :innocent:

My husband, as masculine as he is, will carry a purse to a construction site. There is a reason behind that. :lol:  His mother passed away...he's very sentimental and didn't want to get rid of everything of hers. She had very sturdy, large purses, like I don't use, that he decided would be great to carry electrical testers and other misc tools in. It takes a secure man to carry a purse on his shoulder into a construction site where he doesn't know anyone. :w00t: It's too funny!

Helen totally has it down!

Bottom line is...be happy and be yourself.

Edited by Michelle, 25 August 2011 - 11:04 PM.

#48    Atlantis Rises

Atlantis Rises

The Ancient

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:22 AM

Oh boy, that girl is nuts...or, at least won't have when he cuts them off.

History is like Time - it always repeats itself.

#49    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

I think he should wear a wig and heels and a dress and be a woman before he gets the actual change, see how he likes it for a prolonged period of time.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users