Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anymore News Of The "Mothman"??

MedicTJ

Strangely, as interested as I've always been in unexplained occurences and events, I didn't know about this until the movie came out.

Naturally, when I found out that the movie was "based on real events", it piqued my interest.

I've been unable to find as much information as I would like to have. Anything I've found is either undetailed at best, or exaggerated to the point of absurdity.

Apparently, this creature(s) shows up before some catastrophic event someplace in the world.

I was wondering if any reports had been made prior to the 9/11 attacks?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicTJ

• Magikman

• Dysmorphia

• CASTOR

"Naturally, when I found out that the movie was "based on real events", it piqued my interest."

Actually, the only 'real' event the movie depicts is the collapse of the bridge. The movie itself futher exaggerates and sensationalizes events as detailed in John Keel's The Mothman Prophecies, which was an unbelievable tale unto itself. Except for a couple questionable 'encounters' by poorly recorded witnesses, the whole 'event' was a chronicle of Keel's experiences only, or his perception of what happened.

"I've been unable to find as much information as I would like to have. Anything I've found is either undetailed at best, or exaggerated to the point of absurdity."

What you have read is the story, as absurd as it sounds. All you need do is read Keel's book to understand his state of mind. He is a great believer in 'fourth' dimensional beings. Not only is the Mothman an inhabitant, but that is where UFO's come from, Bigfoot and just about any other paranormal creature, thing, entity. Kind of hard to disprove his claims when you can't prove the 'non-existance' of a fourth dimension. tongue.gif

Magikman rolleyes.gif

Ahhhh....good point!

I recently saw a Disc. Channel episode where they were trying their best to explain "quantum mechanics".

Very interesting piece. And very odd. But most mainstream scientists seem to support it. I'll start another topic on this though.

• 5 weeks later...

The only site i've been to that explains strange happenings of this dood is

The Mothman Lives

The site itself seems to be too well put together to be true, but the Mothman is very strange and indeed one of my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...

Mothman Prophecies is merely a tangent tale to the true Mothman mystery. The real eyewitness accounts are of a real lifeform of otherworldly appearance. Some reports have it being a benign, curious critter, others (a majority) have made it a frightnening and threatening being. It made it's presence for about 5 years and then has never been reported since. Similar creatures have been reported such as the Owlman of Cornwall, but they have never had quite the frightening appearance as mothman with it's blazing red eyes. Mothman is better associated with a high volume of UFO sightings in the area rather than the bridge collapse.

• 2 weeks later...

I know i said this in a previous mothman topic, but i live about 15 min from where he is sapposed to "live".... the TNT area is a large maze. it is just a bunch of roads that intersect at many points. people that live there could get lost driving around. anyway, a couple of friends and myself did some calculations on the size of the mothman. the totals were unreal. i just dont know if there is enough hiding place out there to concele such a large creature. i dont remember the wing span, but it was just huge. i guess it is possible but who knows for sure. the real story that i think is even better than the mothman is the "UFO" incident that happened not far from where the bridge fell. from what i can remember a very large(we will call it a creature), what some want to call alien, flew past these peoples car and stayed near it. finally the people stoped and the thing aproached the car. the 2 people inside(man and a woman) got down in the seat as far as they could. i guess this thing was glowing or something like that but eventually went away. the man got out of the car and there was a X burned into the hood of the car. the man said that was the shape of the things hand. that same night not far from where that happened a ufo was spoted on a hilltop. There is more to the story but my memory has failed me. fact or fiction? who can tell.

CASTOR

The mothman is one of my favorites just because of the outright freakiness of the sightings. I'm gonna brush up on the subject and get back to posting.

I think that instead of making cheesy movies (no offense to those who acctually like the movie) about it they should work towards learning about the Mothman or get some solid undeniable proof! (is 'undeniable' a word?)