Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Airdrie UFO Photograph

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,859 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 10 January 2003 - 10:37 AM

This is a photograph taken of a UFO in Airdrie, Scotland, that was sent to me via E-Mail by Stephen Dymock who took the picture. The image was published in the local newspaper, and shows a helicopter, with an odd shaped object flying above it.

user posted image                                                

#2    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 02:31 PM

It's interesting, no doubt.

From what I can see the light and shadow on the object seems to match the light and shadow on the helicopter, so that's one hoaxer's flaw out of the way. The image doesn't look doctored.

Hard to even guess what the object is but it does appear to be a genuine UFO in the real sense of the term.

It's strange that Mr Dymock didn't see the object at the time of the shot, which has happened on other Ufo photographs, which adds credence to the story.

wacko.gif                                                

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#3    TheDogsConkers

TheDogsConkers

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 12:37 PM

Hi, im new here. smile.gif

At first glance I thought the other 'object' may have been an insect flying past the camera lense. Its sort of insect shaped and that could possibly be an explanation why the photographer didnt notice it whilst photographing the 'copter.

But, like Loonboy pointed out, the 'light/shadow' effects on the UFO do seem to match those of the helicopter.

Hmmmmm.
dry.gif

Tai smile.gif                                                  

#4    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 03:32 PM

could this be the perfect fake? could it prove there are UFO's? Or could it show a US top secret project? biggrin.gif                                                  

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#5    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 07:02 PM

Just noticed some odd patterning in the sky around both the helicopter and the
object and for a minute thought it might have been tampered with, but then
realised that when you convert an image to jpeg, you sometimes get that effect,
so it's probably not...

dry.gif                                                  

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

#6    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 01:14 AM

got a good eye there loonboy                                                  

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
- Dave Gorman

- Papa Lazarou

#7    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 08:08 PM

I agree... but just the one. My other glass one rolls backwards and I end up
looking at my thoughts all day...

#8    Messiah 01

Messiah 01

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play

Posted 28 February 2003 - 12:04 PM

Could the second object mearly be the underbelly of another helicopter? Its debatable none the less.                                                  

I jumped in the river, what did i see? Black eyed angels swam with me. A moon full of stars and astral cars, and all the figures I used to see

Posted Image

#9    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:24 PM

i would like to point out a couple of things

1 there was only one helicopter in the sky...the one in the photograph is used by strathclyde police,,it's based in glasgow...it's a common site in the skies above airdrie
2 it's not the perfect fake or even a fake....how do i know becuase i took it,,and the image is still contained in the memory card inside the digital camera...as far as i am aware you can't transfer an image from the pc to the memory card inside the camera......besides i'm a point and click camera person..yes i can upload to the p.c and cut and change the contrast and things ,but thats it ..a true expert would see a fake ..just by looking closely at the pixels and seeing that they do not blend as they should,,i prosume...i've heard the bug theory but i'm not to sure on that one as a bug to show up that big on the image would really have to be close and the fact the handle on the window is in the forefront and is highly visible then surely a bug would be too if it was so close to the camera..still as we all know it could be anything.....after all how many of you at one time felt like throwing your satelite dish away..lol .. of course if it was that then it must have been big arnie that threw it..the helicopter seems high enough....anyway it's another photo that gives ,,food for thought...lets keep looking bye for now people ...stephen.p.dymock                                                  

#10    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:44 PM

I have a question

was the ufo and helicopter both visible in the camera viewfinder when you took the photo.

smile.gif                                                  

#11    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 06:52 PM

no the only thing in the viewfinder at the time was the helicopter..                                                  

#12    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 06 March 2003 - 09:50 PM

I don't mean to question your credibility Steff, but there seems to be a pattern with photos like this and the photographer not seeing the object at the time of taking the photo.  I just wonder why that is.  I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt but if you could maybe let me in on why you took the photo or something, maybe is there something else in the picture and this is a detail?                                                  

Nothing to see here.

#13    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 10:37 PM

maybe the ufo was travelling fast enough to not be seen, but slow enough to be captured on film                                                  

i said
- Dave Gorman

- Papa Lazarou

#14    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:01 AM

the only reason you see the picture as it is .....is becuase it had to be cropped to fit on this site...if you would like the actual photo and newspaper report let me know and i will e-mail you them......as i said the image is still in the camera....the newspaper report gives you the explanation as to why i took the photo in the first place.......                                                  

#15    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 08 March 2003 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, I'd love to take a look.                                                  

Nothing to see here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users