Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Lets Count to a Million (Game)

• Please log in to reply
2997 replies to this topic

#481    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

FD481 is Federal Drugs and Administration report about inspection of certain site that produces medicine products for USA, also known as Establishment Inspection Report (EIR)

#482    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,024 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Page 482 of “Thought of the Day”:
Could people be better? They could, but no one wants to start it first.

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#483    Titanicneversank

Titanicneversank

Alien Abducter

• 5,404 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

483. Zimmer 483 is an album by the German band Tokio Hotel.

#484    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

USS Buchanan, destroyer number 484, was one of the highest decorated ships of the US fleet in WW2 with total of 16 battle stars. Although it participated in many battles and operations on Pacific, it has never been really damaged by enemy fire. Still, she was damaged several times, first due to friendly fire (Oct '42), then she ran aground on Guadalcanal coast (Mar '43), then collided with anouther US ship (July '43) and finally was damaged by typhoon (Dec '44). At the end of war, DD-484 was sold to Turkey who didn't leave a scratch on her for almost 30 years.

#485    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

485... the number of ducks at the park near my house

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#486    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,024 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Darius I, also known as Darius the Great, king of Persia, died in 486 BC, but honestly, who cares?

Siddhartha Gautama died in 486 BC too. Still not exactly interesting. So... aha!

The weight of 486 average cotton balls is equal to the weight of average male adult cottontop tamarin.  
Seriously.

Posted Image

#487    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

487 is the number of the MS Dresden Codex 487, which is a German fencing manual created in the early 1500s. The manuscript is a compilation text consisting of treatises on a variety of martial topics, by several different masters who stood in the tradition of famous german fencing master Johannes Liechtenauer.

#488    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

IEEE 488 is a short-range digital communications bus specification.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#489    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,024 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Dar al Gani 489 is the name of meteorite found in 1997 in Libya. It belongs to Martian shergottite type. It’s easy to explain what shergottite is, but it sounds better if left unexplained.

Posted Image

#490    Blue Star

Blue Star

Telekinetic

• 7,298 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

490 is Joe 90's big brother....Sorry, that's a lie but I just couldn't be bothered to look some fact up.

#491    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,024 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

491 sin is one sin too many.
Because when St.Pete asked Jesus how many times should we forgive, Jesus said: “Seventy times seven”.
My fuse is so much shorter than that.

Posted Image

#492    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

492 the number of times I plan to hit my head on the brick wall outside when I leave work today... hope I can see through the blood to drive home

#493    Titanicneversank

Titanicneversank

Alien Abducter

• 5,404 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

493. Cubana de Aviacion flight #493 was a Douglas DC-4 which was involved in a midair collision with a US Navy aircraft  near Key West in 1951. All 43 people aboard the two aircraft were killed.

Edited by Titanicneversank, 24 January 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#494    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Although it seems there are lot of options for 494, being a nice palindrome number, my pick would be year 494 BC, when The Battle of Lade was fought, and that is naval battle which occurred during the Ionian Revolt. It was fought between an alliance of the Ionian cities (joined by the Lesbians) and the Persian Empire of Darius the Great, and resulted in a decisive victory for the Persians which all but ended the revolt. Although victorious, Darius vowed to punish Athens and Eretria for their support of the revolt and decided to start preparing for a campaign to conquer the whole of Greece, a campaign that resulted in legendary Marathon Battle, Battle of Thermopilae and Battle of Salamis.

#495    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

In 495 BC, Cerdic of Wessex, and his son Cynric, land somewhere on the south coast of Britannia and their followers create what becomes the Kingdom of Wessex.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users