Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Lets Count to a Million (Game)

• Please log in to reply
2995 replies to this topic

#631    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

At 6.31pm on radio 4 tonight, Cabin Pressure will be underway. That one is funny!

#632    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

632 AD is the year in which Islam prophet Muhammad died on Monday, 8 June, in Medina, at the age of 63, in the house of his wife Aisha. A few months after his farewell pilgrimage to Mecca, Muhammad fell ill and suffered for several days with a fever, head pain, and weakness.

#633    Titanicneversank

Titanicneversank

Alien Abducter

• 5,400 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

633. 633 Squadron is a war movie made in 1964.

#634    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

In AD 634, Oswald of Northumbria defeats Cadwallon ap Cadfan of Gwynedd in the Battle of Heavenfield and reunites Northumbria.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#635    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

A.D. 635.  This year King Cynegils was baptized by Bishop Birinus at Dorchester; and Oswald, king of the Northumbrians, was his sponsor, (who supplied him with helmet, sword and shield all in team colours and a nice T shirt with the sponser's logo on it!!)

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#636    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

View Postschizoidwoman, on 13 February 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

At 6.31pm on radio 4 tonight, Cabin Pressure will be underway. That one is funny!

At 6:36 this evening was I listening to 'Cabin Pressure'(which I used to love) ......... I have to say I was disappointed :hmm:  but thanks for mentioning it.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#637    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,024 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

means “always and forever”, because there’re 6 letters in “always”, 3 in “and” and 7 in “forever”.
The Internet told me so, but it didn’t tell me why something has to be always and forever, like you can do something forever but not always? I mean, it’s possible, you have to use bathroom for as long as you live, which is the same as forever if we are mortal beings, but not always... hopefully.
Anyway...

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#638    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

638: the number of minutes I've spent pondering Helen's last statement.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#639    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 13 February 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

At 6:36 this evening was I listening to 'Cabin Pressure'(which I used to love) ......... I have to say I was disappointed :hmm:  but thanks for mentioning it.

Haven't heard it yet, but I suspect it's winding down... I do like Bleak Expectations too but think that lost its way a bit.

639 is a hostel in London.

#640    Titanicneversank

Titanicneversank

Alien Abducter

• 5,400 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

640. The BMW 640 is a type of car...(well, what else would it be? :innocent: )

#641    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

641st Tank Destroyer Battalion was established December 18, 1941 at Ft Lewis, WA, from personnel of the 41st Infantry Division. Originally a Light Towed Battalion, they shipped from New York, port of embarkation on Mar. 4, 1942 and arrived in Australia (via the Panama Canal) on Apr. 9, 1942.  Arrived New Guinea on Jan. 21, 1943.  Entered combat on May, 1944 and was redesignated as 98th Chemical Battalion (Motorized) on Jun. 24, 1944. Apparently Japanese had by 1944 no tanks to be destroyed by this battalion :)

#642    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

The Concord 642 is a brand and model of digital camera.

#643    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,024 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

There are Kegel exercises for men too and if a man does them every day for  
days, he can not only lay an egg but he can also crack it and separate the yolk from the white without any need to use his hands while doing it.

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#644    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

A.D. 644.  This year died at Rochester, on the tenth of October, Paulinus, who was first Archbishop at York, and afterwards atRochester.  He was bishop nineteen  winters, two months, and one and twenty days.  This year the son of Oswy's uncle (Oswin), the son of Osric, assumed the government of Deira, and reigned seven winters.

Poor old Paulinus!

Edited by ealdwita, 14 February 2013 - 05:04 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#645    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

DCXLV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users