Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Lets Count to a Million (Game)

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#841    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,965 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

AD 841 the Norse town of Dyflinn (Dublin) is founded in Ireland

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#842    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

842 reads 8-4=2 as a mathematical equation.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#843    the1truebat

the1truebat

The Be All End All of the Universe

• 3,861 posts

• Yeah, I am that good.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

843, the number of times I'm going to ask Mike D boy in what universe does 8 - 4 = 2.

Edited by the1truebat, 11 March 2013 - 05:28 PM.

I am the guy with the stick.

#844    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,965 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Union Pacific 844 is a 4-8-4 steam locomotive owned by Union Pacific Railroad. Built in 1944, it was the last steam locomotive delivered to Union Pacific and is the only steam locomotive never retired by a North American Class I railroad.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#845    Blue Star

Blue Star

Telekinetic

• 7,169 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Posted Image

845 NAVAL AIR SQUADRON

845 Naval Air Squadron Is One Of Two Front-Line Sea King Squadrons Of The Commando Helicopter Force, Which Was Involved In The Navy's Big Deployment To The Mediterranean, Exercise Cougar 2012. This Follows On From Intensive Tasking In The Dry Sands Of Afghanistan, Which Has Seen Our Helicopters Provide Support For Coalition Ground Forces By Day And Night Around Helmand Province, Carrying Troops And Delivering Vital Supplies To Outlying Bases And Evacuating Casualties For Immediate Treatment.
The Squadron, Based At Rnas Yeovilton In Somerset, Consists Of Around 250 Personnel – Pilots, Aircrewmen, Engineers And Technicians Plus Headquarters Staff – Responsible For Ten Sea Kings Mk4S, Split Into Five Flights Of Two Helicopters. 845 Can Deploy En Masse As A Whole Squadron – Or Dispatch Individual Flights (Helicopters, Pilots, Engineers) To Ships Or Exercises Around The World Depending On What Is Required.

Edited by Blue Star, 11 March 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#846    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Posted Image

846 Naval Air Squadron is a squadron of the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm, which operates the Royal Navy's fleet of 170 aircraft. It operates 10 Westland Sea King HC4 helicopters and provides troop transport and load lifting support to 3 Commando Brigade Royal Marines.  It will re-equip with ex RAF Merlin HC3 helicopters in 2015.  The squadron is based at RNAS Yeovilton in Somerset.

Founded in 1943, the Squadron took part in WWII, Borneo, the Falklands, the Gulf and Afghanistan.  During the 1982 Falklands War against Argentina (below), 846 NAS embarked aboard the aircraft carrier HMS Hermes as part of the Royal Navy task force.  During the war 846 NAS Sea King’s flew over 2800 hours, completed 10,000 individual troop moves and transported more than 81,600 tonnes of freight.

Posted Image

846 NAS has the nickname "Junglies", which is not to be confused with the British children's TV series of the same name of the early Nineties.  Its operations in the jungles of Borneo from the 1960s gave it this name.

Battle Honours: Atlantic 1944, Arctic 1944-5, Norway 1944-5, Normandy 1944-5, Falklands 1982

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 11 March 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#847    Titanicneversank

Titanicneversank

Alien Abducter

• 4,993 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Another hijacking story...

847. TWA #847 was a Trans World Airlines Boeing 727 which was hijacked while en route from Athens to Rome in 1985, having originally taken off from Cairo with London as its scheduled final destination. The ensuing hostage drama went on for two weeks with one fatality, a U.S. Navy diver.

Edited by Titanicneversank, 12 March 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#848    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

In 848, Máel Sechnaill mac Maíl Ruanaid, King of Mide, defeats a Norse army at Sciath Nechtain, in Ireland.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 12 March 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#849    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,965 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

AD 849 Alfred was born. He would become the only king of the Anglo-Saxons styled as 'the Great'.

#850    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

From the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle for the year 850, translated from the original Old English into Modern English:

Here Ealdorman Ceorl with Devonshire fought against the heathen men at Wicga's stronghold, and made a great slaughter there and took the victory. And the same year King Athelstan and Dux' Ealhhere struck a great raiding-army at Sandwich in Kent, and captured nine ships, and put the others to flight. And for the first time the heathen men stayed over the winter.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 12 March 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#851    Titanicneversank

Titanicneversank

Alien Abducter

• 4,993 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

851. The Ducati 851 was a motorcycle produced between 1986 and 1992.

#852    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,965 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

852 is the country code for Hong Kong

#853    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,766 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

853...A great famine in Saxony so that many were forced to live on horse meat.

(Annals of the Abbey of Xanten, Germany)

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#854    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,965 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

854... ealdwita's age. Just look at his picture that appears in every post! You can tell he's that old! :P

#855    Titanicneversank

Titanicneversank

Alien Abducter

• 4,993 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

855 is the country dialing code for Cambodia.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users