Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

[Archived] Lets Count to a Million (Game)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3013 replies to this topic

#901    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,610 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image

~edit : this thread needs a bit of color

Edited by third_eye, 19 March 2013 - 10:04 PM.

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#902    Titanicneversank

Titanicneversank

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,527 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

902 is the telephone dialling code in the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.

#903    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,610 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Posted Image

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#904    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,396 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

904 Rockefellia is minor planet orbiting the Sun, named after John D. Rockefeller.
(Yes, I'm boring today.)

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#905    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

An entry in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle for the year 905AD, around the time of Aethelwold's Revolt:

Original Old English

Her cometa æteowde .xiii. Kalendas Nouembris. Her gelædde Aþelwold þone here on Eastenglum to unfriðe, þæt hi gehergodon ofer eall Myrcna land oð hi comon to Creoccgelade, foron þær ofer Temese, namon ægþær on Brædene ge þæronbutan eall þæt hi gehentan meahton, wendon þa east hamweard. Þa for Eadweard cyning æfter, swa he raðost mihte his fyrd gegaderian, oferhergode eall hyra land betweoh dicum Wusan eall oð fennas norð. Þa he eft þanon faran wolde, þa het heo beodon ofer ealle þa fyrd þæt hi foron ealle ut ætsomne. Þa ætsæton þa Centiscan þær beæftan ofer his bebod, .vii. ærendracan he him hæfde to asend. Þa befor se here hi þær, hi ðær gefuhton, þær wearð Siulf ealdorman ofslægen, Sihelm ealdorman, Eadwold cynges þeng, Kenulf abbod, Sigebryht Siulfes sunu, Eadwold Accan sunu, manige eac to him, þeah ic þa geþungenestan nemde. on þæra Deniscena healfe wæs ofslægen Eoric cyning, Aþelwold æþeling, þe hi him to cyninge gecurum, Beorhtsige Beorhtnoðes sunu æþelinges, Ysopo hold, Oskytel hold, swiðe mænige eac mid him, þe we nu genemnan ne magon. þær wæs on gehwæðere hand mycel wæl geslægen, þæra Deniscna wearð ma ofslægen, þeah hi wælst owe geweald ahton. Ealhswyð gefor þy ilcan geare.

Modern English Translation

A comet appeared on the thirteenth day before the calends of November.  This year Aethelwald enticed the army in East Anglia to rebellion; so that they overran all the land of Mercia, until they came to Cricklade, where they forded the Thames; and having seized, either in Bradon or thereabout, all that they could lay their hands upon, they went homeward again. King Edward (the Elder, King of Wessex) went after, as soon as he could gather his army, and overran all their land between the Foss and the Ouse quite to the fens northward. Then being desirous of returning thence, he issued an order through the whole army, that they should all go out at once. But the Kentish men remained behind, contrary to his order, though he had sent seven messengers to them. Whereupon the army surrounded them, and there they fought. There fell Aldermen Siwulf and Sigelm; Aedwold, the king's thane; Abbot Kenwulf; Sigebriht, the son of Siwulf; Aedwald, the son of Acca; and many also with them; though I have named the most considerable. On the Danish side were slain Eohric their king, and Prince Aethelwald, who had enticed them to the war. Byrtsige, the son of Prince Brihtnoth; Governor Ysop; Governor Oskytel; and very many also with them that we now cannot name. And there was on either hand much slaughter made; but of the Danes there were more slain, though they remained masters of the field. Aelswitha died this same year.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 20 March 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#906    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,227 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

The Porsche 906 was the last street-legal racing car from Porsche

Edited by Lady Kasey, 20 March 2013 - 06:52 PM.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#907    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• 1,624 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

The Former Shu Kingdom is founded by Wang Jian in Chengdu in 907

Edited by J. K., 20 March 2013 - 06:51 PM.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#908    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,396 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

If you ever wondered, like I did, why some products come in 908 grams packs, and if you came to conclusion that's because 908 grams is exactly 2 pounds – you were wrong. 2 pounds is 907,2 grams.
So, the mystery of 908 grams packs is not likely to ever be solved.

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#909    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,227 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

909: the number of pennies I've collected so far and have stored in my desk drawer

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#910    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 17 March 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

887 is a number I waited for someone else to cover so I can have 888.
Well, we can’t have it all...

So, in 887 12 Venetian ships came to Croatian side of Adriatic to discipline Neretvan Croats, to please Charles III the Fat with whom they made alliance. After initial promising successful sinking of 5 Croatian ships, Croats struck back, Venetians lost the battle, all their ships, and their doge Peter too. Venetians had to steal his dead body because Neretvans were not in negotiating mood.
The battle was over on September 18th, that is commemorated today in Croatia as the day of Croatian navy.

Great post. However Venetian republics cunning politic, hegemony, diplomacy later took most of Croatian coast. Even with help of crusaders (4th crusade) when Venetians and Crusaders attacked Zara todays Zadar, Croatia.

Well I like Venetian republic. There are many legends which circles around Croats which are not true such as that their capital was built on Motovun forset.
And I dont blame Venetians either.

Who wouldnt try to took piece for yourself?

This picture was my creation.

Posted Image

Edited by the L, 20 March 2013 - 09:17 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#911    Titanicneversank

Titanicneversank

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,527 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

910. News Talk 910 is a news/talk radio station in San Francisco.

#912    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle entry for 911AD:

This year the army in Northumberland broke the truce,
and despised every right that Edward and his son demanded of
them; and plundered the land of the Mercians.  The king had
gathered together about a hundred ships, and was then in Kent
while the ships were sailing along sea by the south-east to meet
him.  The army therefore supposed that the greatest part of his
force was in the ships, and that they might go, without being
attacked, where that ever they would.  When the king learned on
enquiry that they were gone out on plunder, he sent his army both
from Wessex and Mercia; and they came up with the rear of the
enemy as he was on his way homeward, and there fought with him
and put him to flight, and slew many thousands of his men.  There
fell King Eowils, and King Healfden; Earls Ohter and Scurf;
Governors Agmund, Othulf, and Benesing; Anlaf the Swarthy, and
Governor Thunferth every right that Edward and his son demanded of
them; and plundered the land of the Mercians.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 21 March 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#913    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,227 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Porsche 912

Posted Image
Porsche_912_deepblue by NolaAD, on Flickr

#914    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,969 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Singapore's hottest hits.....91.3FM 'Hot30' Chart show....Join The Hot 30 Countdown With Boy Thunder Weeknight's From 7:30pm!

(Cue Ealdwita's OCD problem.........)

914.....One thousand years before the start of WWI!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#915    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,227 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

915... the time it was 17 minutes ago.

Sorry ealdwita, I didn't know there was a random post in this thread. I figured everyone who posted here was contributing to the game, otherwise I'd have done what you did.