Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hessdalen

Big Bad Voodoo

Note the connection with wings and the smell of sulphur:

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

Hello there i live In Puerto Rico and im gonna give you some info on a creature that is currently being sighted here its being dubbed the Gargoyle for its strong resemblence. The sightings started in late August of this year reports said it attacked a man and livestock people have said when they see this creature it leaves a strong smell of Sulfur. At first it was called "The return of El Chupacabra" but their is a difference the chupacabra didnt have wings while the Gargoyle does also the chupacabra sucks the blood of the livestock and leaves the body but the Gargoyle rips them to shreds. I really dont know what to think about this creature i thought since Guanica is so close to Mayaguaz maybe its an Owl that escaped from the zoo I really dont know but i do know this...In the 1950s 2 boys in Chicago were walking by when they say a creature that looked like Gargoyle they stared at it and then it swooped down at them. what do you think it is?

Puerto Rico: The Gargoyle vs. The Chupacabras

Agent Negrón indicated that some describe the gargoyle as a very large bird, emitting a sulfuric or rotten odor. It feeds on live animals like dogs, cats and horses, draining their blood and leaving them dry. The creature goes forth at night or in the early morning hours, and for this reason there are few sightings. There are no photos or videos of the phenomenon, which attacks healthy animals, unlike a predator that seeks out sick or feeble animals.
Edited by tailormaneinafog

Note the connection with wings and the smell of sulphur:

Puerto Rico: The Gargoyle vs. The Chupacabras

Youve used that old unsupported gargoyle story before but you said it was a glowbird back then. How exactly are the other posters fakes? I havent seen the L lending you any support here either. Are you going to turn this thread into a storey posting one just like your crap dogman one? I believe youve already been scolded for that havent you?

'L': Isn't it about time you responded??

What do you want "L" to say?

He had to contact Teodorani himself to find out that what I was telling him was true! Of course I've followed Hessdalen research for years including Teodorani's work!

He had to contact Teodorani himself to find out that what I was telling him was true! Of course I've followed Hessdalen research for years including Teodorani's work!

I contact Teodorani and Erling Strand because of mine and other um-ers curiousty. Teodorani confirmed some of your claim but not all. Also he gave us some food for thought- see about plasma life form.

Strands interview highly interesting too. They are great guys, both. They gave us exclusive interviews just for UM.

Anyway I never seen feedback from you about Strand interview.

Edited by the L

'L': Isn't it about time you responded??

Sorry I was busy.

Plasma life form is one of hotest theory about Hessdalen phenomenan, imho.

Search for my posts in this thread you will find besides interviews with kind clever guys, Teodorani and Erling Strand, link to article from UM about plasma life form.

Here is new video about UFO over Astrakhan in Russia. From 1.9.11.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Miacs0FFbxQ

It could be anything but some people in Russia start to speculate about Plasma life forms.

Edited by the L

Some of you maybe know that I like more another themes like history,mythology,philosophy then ET so I will put one comment from one UM about Plasma life form.

I've grown up in a Christian tradition but I have been a bit curious about what the Quran says so I've done some reading on the Internet. Interestingly enough, the Quran at many places mentions beings named jinns. The Quran says that God created both humans and jinns. It says that jinns were created before humans and that they were created from fire while humans were created from mud. I think the Quran also says that jinns are invisible to us. Could the jinns perhaps be plasma life forms? What the Quran says about jinns seems to agree pretty well with what the "Plasma life forms" article says I think.

The word "jinn" in the Quran has in English turned into the word "genie".

There is a legend that I think most people have heard about a man named Aladdin who is claimed to have captured a jinn in an oil lamp. I guess that if a jinn is a plasma life form, an oil lamp would be a pretty good place to capture a jinn.

QUOTE (the Quran)

The Noble Qur'an - Ar-Rahmaan 55:15, 15

He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery.

And the jinns did He create from a smokeless flame of fire.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Hijr 15:26-42

26. And indeed, We created man from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.

27. And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame of fire.

From

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=111062

Is realy streched hypothesis. Hessdalen lights=Plasma life form=Jinn.

Edited by the L

Thanks for the reply L. Did you read the about the evidence which points to a luminous four winged bird hypothesis? It's very good if you look back at my posts. I guess you're stuck with the plasma theory though, right?

• 2 months later...

Did you watch the videos linked in the OP!! The men clearly saw bullet-shaped objects!!

Wow, here's a discussion about giant birds in the Philippines, which mentions the way the wings open in an umbrella type fashion. This could be the link needed for a new type of avain propulsion system which would give a bullet-like morphology, Mysterious Black Bird:
Sounds to me the bird you saw was a "Wak Wak". Being of Filipino heritage I've heard of the bird,it is a similar to an "Aswang". But if I remember correctly, it depends on what province you live in. You should ask you nana's and tata's.
I'm also from the Philippines, the Aklan Province. I am also very much familiar with the stories of this creature we call "Wakwak". In fact, I've heard it several times; usually late at night or nearing dawn, about 4 am. I've never heard it during the day. I have also tried to convince myself that it could just be a kind of nocturnal bird. But the strange thing about it is the location of each sound when you hear them; they are heard usually from above and rarely on the ground. The first "Wak!" may be perceived to be at about 300 to 700 meters away from the second "Wak!" sounding. quite a distance for any bird to cover in just "1 to 2 seconds!". Not only that, the sound may be repeated 2 times at the least and may be heard 6 to 7 times at the most; each sound varies in loudness and location (Which may sometimes triangulate) adapting the distance I've stated earlier. There was a time even, when I was awoken by it, 4:00am. It was too loud!, like, the creature was just a few feet away from outside my bedroom! It repeated, i guess, 7 times. at the seventh sounding I decided to take a look. I peeked at my window; nothing. so I decided to go out of the house with a Bolo(Machete)in my hand. I saw nothing, nothing ran or flew away. So what was that? I'm sure its not an ordinary bird.
Yaeh. I believe it's a wakwak. Many very similar descriptions paint them as a sort of human figure with wings that look and open like an umbrella which they say just caught them up and "floating" in the air in seconds. Black creatures with hidden faces. These descriptions came from folks of different provinces; mindoro, antique, aklan. All of them are undbelievably told with such similarity in detail!

Here's more eye-witness accounts which also tell of the strange flying technique http://themoonlitwindow.blogspot.com/2008/08/manananggal-or-wakwak.html:

In some areas in the Philippines particulary the Visayas, the locals call it the Wakwak. The Wakwak is so named for the sound its wing makes while hovering or flying. In the movies it is normally portrayed as flying in an upright position. My father who grew up in Antique, in the island of Panay, says this is not so. He has a relative who saw a Wakwak flying over a bamboo grove. Dad's kin says with all lucidity and sobriety that the thing flew upside down. I just can't imagine the aerodynamics involved with a position like that but it does make sense if you think of a bird out to hunt in the night. It woud be easier to see the big picture if your head hangs below like the gunsights of a bomber plane.

My wife told me that some time ago a group of kids and some elderly menfolk saw what they think was a manananggal here in our little municipality of Pateros. The thing, they said looked like a big umbrella hanging from one of the electrical posts around 7 in the evening. One of the kids saw it and threw stones at it. One of the elders cautioned the kids to stop throwing lest they broke a neighbor's window. When the man looked up, he was terrified as the "umbrella" unfolded to reveal a face and arms. The thing quickly flew away and the kids (and the men) ran in the opposite direction. So much for predatoy instincts.

I haven't seen a Manananggal (Heck , I'd give everything to see one) nor did my father but my mother has seen one in her teens, out in the rice fields, back in her hometown of Dulag in Eastern Leyte. I can still remember my mother talking about it matter-of-factly. She said she worked alone on the fields and lost all track of time until it was dusk. She was then preparing to untether the buffalo so they can both go home - which was about a kilometer of thick bushes and rice paddies away. She said she had just lit her bamboo torch when she heard the sound that went "Wak...Wak...Wak...Wak..." She unsheathed her bolo (a long machete-like knife) and looked up and around. My mother is a strong woman even at a young age but what she saw unnerved her.

She said she saw what she thought was a large, tawny looking bird with sharp, black talons just a few feet above her head. Its flapping wings disturbed the leaves and brushes for yards around. That would've been scary enough when you are alone and it's nightfall and you still have to walk through unlit parts to get home. What struck her though was the looks of the creature's head. She says the thing had a pretty feminine face with yellow curly hair. She described its face as looking "like a doll" It's wings were that of a bird, not a bat. And she says by the dancing light of the torches she can tell the thing is staring at her with cold, grey eyes. Mustering all her courage she tried to shoo it away using the torch and bolo. The Wakwak flew away.

That was the first and the last time she saw a Manananggal/Wakwak but to this day, she insists that a Manananggal is different from a Wakwak.

Edited by tailormaneinafog

Sorry I was busy.

Plasma life form is one of hotest theory about Hessdalen phenomenan, imho.

Search for my posts in this thread you will find besides interviews with kind clever guys, Teodorani and Erling Strand, link to article from UM about plasma life form.

Here is new video about UFO over Astrakhan in Russia. From 1.9.11.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Miacs0FFbxQ

It could be anything but some people in Russia start to speculate about Plasma life forms.

This surely would explain one of my biggest UFO sightings.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another possible design which has two of the finger bones turn back into walking aids as the bird uses small tunnels to roost during the day.

post-94765-0-14015700-1323686737_thumb.j

Here's another possible design which has two of the finger bones turn back into walking aids as the bird uses small tunnels to roost during the day.

Wow! You don't give up. Hessdalen has nothing to do with Cryptoids. :geek:

Huh, thanks! Nobody knows for sure about Hessdalen. Reports of bullet-shaped entities are consistent and the guys reporting it seem trustworthy. Why would you disbelieve them?

I just caught up on this thread.

holycrap.jpg

Think I already posted in this thread, at least i did in some thread about Hessdalen.

I'm from Norway, I know Hessdalen in person, and I also know the chief scientist / researcher in charge of the "Hessdalen Project".

Basically, it seems to be natural phenomena, caused by atmospherical phenomenas reacting with geological phenomena creating a certain effect.

There is NO signs of "alien activity". I would say its more closely related to lightening, northern lights, electromagnetic bursts from ground, and so on.

Nice to look at sure enough, and plenty of it, but really nothing extraordinary - at least not "out of this world".

Cool place though. Now I live in a similar place, in Argentina, called Capilla del Monte. Look it up in Wikipedia - and also look up Cerro Uritorco which is here.

Think I already posted in this thread, at least i did in some thread about Hessdalen.

I'm from Norway, I know Hessdalen in person, and I also know the chief scientist / researcher in charge of the "Hessdalen Project".

Basically, it seems to be natural phenomena, caused by atmospherical phenomenas reacting with geological phenomena creating a certain effect.

There is NO signs of "alien activity". I would say its more closely related to lightening, northern lights, electromagnetic bursts from ground, and so on.

Nice to look at sure enough, and plenty of it, but really nothing extraordinary - at least not "out of this world".

Cool place though. Now I live in a similar place, in Argentina, called Capilla del Monte. Look it up in Wikipedia - and also look up Cerro Uritorco which is here.

Pretty much is a natural phenomena. Don't think that is a question outside of some very narrow, fringe circles.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Pretty much is a natural phenomena. Don't think that is a question outside of some very narrow, fringe circles.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I agree. The researchers themselves suggest that 95% percent of all previously unexplained observations are plasmas. To be honest that's a huge percentage!

The researchers themselves suggest that 95% percent of all previously unexplained observations are plasmas.

You told everything with that statment. ;)

You told everything with that statment. ;)

He merely stated what the researchers inferred. So what did I miss?!

Cheers,

Badeskov

The bottom line here is that the Hessdalen Phenomena is recognized and considered by the scientific and the ufological community to be a natural and completely earthly phenomena and nothing more than that. And I completely agree.

-EA