Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Who Wrecked the Balkans

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#151    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 20,316 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

View PostSpark Plug, on 24 June 2011 - 06:39 PM, said:

I understand. Maybe if all the countrie that made Yugo were treated as equals you'd still be together. It sounds like the Serbs thought they were your masters.
Exactly.
The attempt to loosen the federation and “air the room” (especially about finances and having truly free elections) was rejected by Milosevic, he wanted everything... which is why he ended up with nothing. Well, it's not completely nothing just yet, Serbia still practically holds half of Bosnia, I guess it was given to them as consolation prize in advance for losing Kosovo. Sounds a little complicated, I'll stop here.
Milosevic had no other option, even if he wasn't megalomaniac that he was, since his career depended on extremists and they wouldn’t be extremists if they were sane enough to make concessions.

There was some public opinion research recently and it turns out that 90% of both Slovenes and Croats don’t miss Yugoslavia at all. I don’t know what’s the percentage in other ex-Yu countries, but I guess Macedonians could miss it, since they had no problems with Greece when they were part of larger country (that had very interesting ties with both blocs).

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Laurent did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#152    Spark Plug

Spark Plug

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 24 June 2011 - 08:20 PM, said:

Exactly.
The attempt to loosen the federation and “air the room” (especially about finances and having truly free elections) was rejected by Milosevic, he wanted everything... which is why he ended up with nothing. Well, it's not completely nothing just yet, Serbia still practically holds half of Bosnia, I guess it was given to them as consolation prize in advance for losing Kosovo. Sounds a little complicated, I'll stop here.
Milosevic had no other option, even if he wasn't megalomaniac that he was, since his career depended on extremists and they wouldn’t be extremists if they were sane enough to make concessions.

There was some public opinion research recently and it turns out that 90% of both Slovenes and Croats don’t miss Yugoslavia at all. I don’t know what’s the percentage in other ex-Yu countries, but I guess Macedonians could miss it, since they had no problems with Greece when they were part of larger country (that had very interesting ties with both blocs).

Sure come join us Westerners we look after you.

If Serbia try anything them booom as Slobber down learnt

#153    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 20,316 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Well, you know... we’re do-it-yourself kind of people, but when my country finally joined NATO it felt as good as kicking all JNA generals in the groins would feel.
(JNA = Jugoslavenska Naroda Armija, Yugoslavian Peoples’ Army. Serbia illegally seized control over it in 1991, attacked internationally recognized neighbouring countries using its resources, weapons and personnel reinforced with chetnik paramilitary. It doesn’t hurt to repeat that now and then, especially since I’ve heard that Mladic’s Russian attorney plans to prove it was all self-defence... Jesus, if it wasn’t tragic, I’d laugh my ass off.)

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Laurent did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#154    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,078 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

View Postthe L, on 22 June 2011 - 10:19 PM, said:

@Odas
If you want to talk again about Bosniaks origin you are welcome. PM or whatever.
Which he attempted to do in a civil manner.

Just want to say that I didnt want to be malicious.
Your post was deleted. To late to back-peddle now.

See you around on another threads.
My friend Odas has informed me he will not be back on UM. But feel free to hold your breath until he does.

Be careful from where you get info and take care.
Same to you.

In the end we are all Africans. :w00t:
False. The out of Africa and out of Asia debate is ongoing. The out of Africa hypothesis (based on the existing evidence) is merely the favored hypothesis at this time. In the end we are all humans, no matter our continent of origin.

On topic. Serbian psycopaths, who were in power at the time, wanted to create a greater Serbia by force. They were responsible for wrecking the Balkens.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users