Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Catholicism

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#1    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

• "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

Why do Catholic's continue to always refer to themselves as Christian's ..when they are 2 distinct & different religions ????

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,815 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

umm what?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• 1,214 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:48 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 10 January 2011 - 11:41 PM, said:

umm what?

huh ? I cant pose that question any simpler

ok perhaps this --> how many Christian's do hail mary's or revere a Pope ??

#4    3rd rock resident alien

3rd rock resident alien

Psychic Spy

• 1,673 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

Religions are all the same, they mind program you. They make people do crazy things. Religious people then start living on imagination. Then this imagination can be used to their liking. hate people, kill people, wage war and pay homage to imagination.  

Come back to Sun's reality.

The  Holy Council of the Conscious Gods
God in Real time. Almighty Supernatural Mega Spiritual Life Giver
In the absence of your god, Almighty Sun will always be with you.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. How I Wonder What You Are.

#5    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,119 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

Here's an interesting breakdown of all the Christian denominations.  Which one is the true Christian faith?

http://en.wikipedia....mber_of_members

Edited by StarMountainKid, 10 January 2011 - 11:55 PM.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#6    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

View Postdazdillinjah, on 10 January 2011 - 11:48 PM, said:

Is that what defines Christianity for you? You summerized it into a prayer and presumed reverence of the head of a church. First define what you mean when you use the term, its characteristics, dogma, beliefs etc, then measure & analyze the differences between denominations.

#7    Agent X

Agent X

Illustrious Potentate Of All Time Space And Matter

• 5,086 posts

• Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

Only God can say which is the true Christian faith.

Posted Image

#8    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• 1,214 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:00 AM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 10 January 2011 - 11:54 PM, said:

Here's an interesting breakdown of all the Christian denominations.  Which one is the true Christian faith?

http://en.wikipedia....mber_of_members

Thats an excellent link ..thank you very much for that

its still unsettling to me (as a non denominational Christian) that Catholic's dont refer to themselves as what they are but instead use a title that only belonged to them before they created Catholicism

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,815 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:41 AM

View Postdazdillinjah, on 10 January 2011 - 11:48 PM, said:

we don't revere a Pope. Do you revere CEOs? That's what the Pope is, he's the CEO of this branch of Christianity.
We pray TO GOD through the Blessed Mary. Saints are paragons, people we can look up to, to model our lives on. Prayers to a saint is asking for specific intervention FROM GOD in a specific style.

Edited by Wearer of Hats, 11 January 2011 - 12:42 AM.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
Only I will remain.

#10    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• 1,214 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 11 January 2011 - 12:41 AM, said:

we don't revere a Pope. Do you revere CEOs? That's what the Pope is, he's the CEO of this branch of Christianity.
We pray TO GOD through the Blessed Mary. Saints are paragons, people we can look up to, to model our lives on. Prayers to a saint is asking for specific intervention FROM GOD in a specific style.

I have no disrespect for Catholicism as a religion and am quite happy they have their specific beliefs and doctrines ..I just have always been a little frustrated that they reformed Christianity into their own strict doctrine and yet never do I see any Catholic authority (such as in statements & press releases by the Pope) refer to their religion proudly & assertively as 'Catholic'

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,815 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:22 AM

View Postdazdillinjah, on 11 January 2011 - 12:55 AM, said:

I have no disrespect for Catholicism as a religion and am quite happy they have their specific beliefs and doctrines ..I just have always been a little frustrated that they reformed Christianity into their own strict doctrine and yet never do I see any Catholic authority (such as in statements & press releases by the Pope) refer to their religion proudly & assertively as 'Catholic'
Really?
I'm on the inside looking out and the language is all "Christians of the Catholic Denomination" and the like. Especially after Vatican II, which was an attempt at mending ways with Lutherans and Eastern Orthodox etc. The way we practice the Christian faith is in the Catholic manner.

We don't, I admit, that often use Christian and Catholic interchangeably, given that one is the house and the other is the estate it's built on.

Only I will remain.

#12    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• 1,214 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:53 AM

View Postkavin, on 11 January 2011 - 05:20 AM, said:

For me,Jesus Christ is my religion. I don't know about any other religions.

Then you are a true Christian ..you dont need a Pope to have a relationship with Jesus or God Almighty

#13    iamfatfrog

iamfatfrog

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:13 AM

congratulations you are to be commended -keep on- keeping on- keeping your "eyes" on christ--insert(polite golf clap)-clap clap- Now for those whom call them selves "Christian" learn the difference between © & © -CHRISTIAN- DONT PUT DOGMA & DOCTRINSE BEFOR CHRIST- see- http://mattroth83.wo...er-to-philippi/ & for the catholic I myself having been where your at concider this the christianity of the days of christ &of the disiples is a far cry from that which you practice,take there example to heart & do as they did -no roserys, no icons,-no statues,no pope,no high honor twords saints for all who claim christ & walk therein are called saints-do not turn ones attention to or twords fellow workers see christ only-- endever to do & listen as he taught &  feastdays are meaningless if your honor is tword god in christ 365 days a year all are equal, christ died once & need not do it again every sunday in the host to complet what was completed long agao he can not & will not add to what he did-he doesnt transubstantiate that is a fancy con job-do for once what mary actualy said ,whatever he(jesus) says do) leave her out of it-she did her bit for God king and country,theres no written record of an asumption note the name asumption means they assume-,scapulas are meaningless tokens of idol worship-inlight of jesus is avalable 24/7/365 days a year-hes not hard of hearing and awaits you call directly-no middle persons needed living or dead,its arogant to think a man asumes to take upon themselves what God put in stone the sabath-eternal-was saturday not sunday-but the rub most never consider christ himself became our sabath-there is no spiritual rest apart from him-none can represent or stand in or beside him or you,if one insists on the catholics assumed authority re,transfering the sabath from saturday to sunday then they to hold to prayers & homage & respect to & through otheres,much in the same way they done see that christ is the sabath for they cling to other things -trinkets & murrmering other than -a direct one on one relationship with christ, please any catholic read the authorized cannon-and see what they said -the folks in rome cant save you no matter there directions to you-they can only lead you further from christ with more go betweens,

View Postkavin, on 11 January 2011 - 05:20 AM, said:

For me,Jesus Christ is my religion. I don't know about any other religions.

Edited by iamfatfrog, 11 January 2011 - 09:21 AM.

#14    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,978 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

View Postdazdillinjah, on 10 January 2011 - 11:01 PM, said:

Why do Catholic's continue to always refer to themselves as Christian's ..when they are 2 distinct & different religions ????
I've met some Christians who profess this view and say that (Roman) Catholics are not Christian.  I have also met some Christians who have said that they are all Christian.  I fall in between somewhere.  I think that within the Catholic Church there are many Christians who are sitting on pews and listening to the message of God. But I also think that there are many people in Catholic churches who have been led astray by their extraneous teachings about what is necessary for salvation.  

There is no single denomination on earth that can be considered as "God's chosen church".  There is not a single denomination that can claim monopoly on truth.  Many different churches exist which contain elements of truth.  As with any denomination there are people sitting in pews that have accepted Christ's sacrifice as sufficient for salvation, and there are some who have not. In the end, only God can judge....

~ PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#15    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,116 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

View Postdazdillinjah, on 10 January 2011 - 11:01 PM, said:

I would have thought from my reading that only Catholics can call themselves Christian,they are the only sect that can claim continuity from Jesus  all the rest are sects made up some 1500 years later .look at all the sects there are now, approximately 38ooo according  to Google, all claiming to be Christians and all saying "we have differences but we all believe in the core principal" They are not Christians and reading the bible once a week doesn't make you one

fullywired

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users