Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Palin charges critics with 'blood libel'

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,226 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

View PostAgent X, on 12 January 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

Why shouldn't she have anything to say?

Thousands upon thousands of liberals across America are blaming her for the shooting tragedy along with Beck, FOX News, and the Tea Party.

Why should she just shut up?

Doesn't she have any right to defend herself?

At all?

It doesn't matter if she doesn't say anything anyways. The hypocritical liberals will do anything they can to blame her for everything that's wrong with the world.

And she really hasn't done anything to deserve this kind of vitriol other than being a Conservative Christian.

But I guess that's the greatest sins of all time according to the liberal mindset. Being Conservative and Christian.

Free speech is not just for liberals. It gives everyone a right to speak their opinion.

And a right to defend themselves against unwarranted scapegoating.

no she cant defend herself because she is a republican.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#17    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,532 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:11 PM

View PostAgent X, on 12 January 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

Why shouldn't she have anything to say?

Thousands upon thousands of liberals across America are blaming her for the shooting tragedy along with Beck, FOX News, and the Tea Party.

Why should she just shut up?

Doesn't she have any right to defend herself?

At all?

It doesn't matter if she doesn't say anything anyways. The hypocritical liberals will do anything they can to blame her for everything that's wrong with the world.

And she really hasn't done anything to deserve this kind of vitriol other than being a Conservative Christian.

But I guess that's the greatest sins of all time according to the liberal mindset. Being Conservative and Christian.

Free speech is not just for liberals. It gives everyone a right to speak their opinion.

And a right to defend themselves against unwarranted scapegoating.

If it had been a liberal politician who used questionable imagery to 'declare war' on their political opponent(s), then there would no doubt be a lot of finger-pointing from the conservative side of the fence.

Painting all liberals with a broad brush such as you have done is not really helpful. There are people on both sides who gleefully point fingers rather than look for solutions, and the common denominator in all that finger pointing is ignorance. So, rather than add to the divisiveness that already exists, perhaps a little acknowledgement that it is not a person's philosphical outlook or political ideology which determines their reaction, but their level of ignorance?

Edited by Leonardo, 12 January 2011 - 09:12 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#18    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 12 January 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

While Sarah Palin is right to criticise anyone who is trying to apportion blame for this tragedy upon anyone other than the shooter, she could have handled this a little better. Other politicians have made conciliatory remarks about toning down their rhetoric and Palin has missed a chance to join them on the moral high ground. Not saying she apologises for any previous rhetoric, just makes a simple acknowledgement that lively debate doesn't have to include references - however indirect - to physical violence and the use of firearms.

Serious question for the Americans posting here. If a politician in the US uses reason and intelligence to debate or try to make a point to the public, rather than hype and inflammatory rhetoric, are they seen as 'weak' or 'elitist'?
Depends on who is in the audience.

#19    Agent X

Agent X

Illustrious Potentate Of All Time Space And Matter

• 5,086 posts

• Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 12 January 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

If it had been a liberal politician who used questionable imagery to 'declare war' on their political opponent(s), then there would no doubt be a lot of finger-pointing from the conservative side of the fence.

Painting all liberals with a broad brush such as you have done is not really helpful. There are people on both sides who gleefully point fingers rather than look for solutions, and the common denominator in all that finger pointing is ignorance. So, rather than add to the divisiveness that already exists, perhaps a little acknowledgement that it is not a person's philosphical outlook or political ideology which determines their reaction, but their level of ignorance?

I'll stop when liberals stop and admit their own hatred and intolerance are not helping matters any and only tearing things apart.

And since that'll never happen, because being right is serious business, then I can never stop.

And stop trying to turn this on me.

Posted Image

#20    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,232 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:25 PM

View PostAgent X, on 12 January 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

I'll stop when liberals stop and admit their own hatred and intolerance are not helping matters any and only tearing things apart.

And since that'll never happen, because being right is serious business, then I can never stop.

This is more about Palin then the conservatives as a whole. What you are doing is not attacking one liberal for there rough comments but every liberal so really your kinda contradicting yourself here.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#21    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

Go back and read your own posts with a clear mind. Take a break from what you keep saying, and look at what you are currently writing compared to what you normally write like. You are generally pretty centered and balanced and able to see mistakes on both sides, but today...wow...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#22    Agent X

Agent X

• 5,086 posts

• Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

Never mind.

Edited by Agent X, 12 January 2011 - 09:35 PM.

Posted Image

#23    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Republicans and Democrats and Satan oh my!!!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

I have seen statements such as from X who said that "I'll stop when liberals stop and admit their own hatered and intolerance and are only tearing themselves apart" end quote.  Nice X!!!

It does not matter how far left or who you "have it in for" ... the american people are seeing what is going on and I can literally say that Obama better do something and quick to fix these matters.  We have all seen lately that the far left ... "NOT THE LEFT" ... the far left are digging a grave for the entire democratic party.  I have a very huge problem with this!!!

It is time for the moderate liberals to boot these idiots out ... and ridicule the media and bloggers ... and especially sheriffs such as that idiot who endangered the lives of quite a few people with his hate speech.

We the people have got to get a logical grasp on this subject before it becomes far more than we can handle.  Not to sound political or "silly" yet it is time for us that are not part of this 10% left and 10% right to put a boot up the ass of these types of people ... who for me seem to be working more for satan than caring for any person in this country.

Birds are falling out of the sky ... fish by the thousands are washing up dead ... if we do not get a handle on subjects as with Arizona we will be next.  Doubt me???  Logically prove to me that people have had enough and are not with their fingers on their "rabid" trigger and I will be such a happy man!!!

EDITED TO STATE THAT IN REASON I SHOULD NOT HAVE STATED 10% left and 10% right ... IT SHOULD BE MORE LIKE A 1 % LEFT AND 1 % RIGHT DOING THESE THINGS!!!  IF NOT A FRACTION OF THAT!!!  UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL ...

Edited by Ignus Fatuus, 12 January 2011 - 09:38 PM.

#24    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,232 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

View PostAgent X, on 12 January 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

Nope/ You're just trying to turn this on me. As usual.

It is the liberals who are at fault here. Not me.

When they stop with their hypocrisy and their hate and their intolerance I will stop.

You can continue to call me a hypocrite all you want to, but that simply is not the truth. You can point out all the flaws and try to turn this on me, but that is not the truth.

And the truth is liberals are the most hateful people on the face of this planet. The more you try to blame me the more you convince me of how right I am in my crusade. I've always been alone in this kind of thing, because all people want to do is to play the stupid blame game and blame each other. Because it's fun and trendy to do.

All this crap about blaming conservatives.

This will never stop, so you might as well join it and maybe something will break.

No really stop, because you are doing the exact same thing you claim all liberals are doing and your hate makes these last few posts look rather silly.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#25    Agent X

Agent X

• 5,086 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, sure. Whatever.

Posted Image

#26    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Republicans and Democrats and Satan oh my!!!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

I have come to the conclusion that I will in some ways just never agree with you X.  Yet you would get so much respect for attacking a few loons that are even out of your league.

You can stop .. when some people put an X on the back of others out of hate, this just is not right.  This does not mean you are wrong, yet I believe you are having a time with this and believe that most people are out to attack you.  I have been there and I have in the past felt your discomfort with arguable matters.

We need everyone at the time to take a stand and admit that things with the Arizona situation just became way out of hand.  Remember the Muslim in Texas who went on a rampage???  Was it taken out of hand as this was???  Yes some blamed his being a muslim as the situation, yet it was not taken to the point this Arizona situation was.  

When a little 9 year old girl is gunned down and a few individuals such as Palin and O'Reilly are blamed this is just taking it way too far!!!  I really believe you believe the same ... I would be upset if even one person on this site believed this nonsense.  This is a very serious situation ... much more so than many even here admit!!!   :hmm:

#27    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,532 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

View PostIgnus Fatuus, on 12 January 2011 - 10:06 PM, said:

When a little 9 year old girl is gunned down and a few individuals such as Palin and O'Reilly are blamed this is just taking it way too far!!!  I really believe you believe the same ... I would be upset if even one person on this site believed this nonsense.  This is a very serious situation ... much more so than many even here admit!!!   :hmm:

I agree with you, and X, and all the others who are saying this blame game is pathetic.

However (there's always a 'however'!  :P ), the vehemence of this 'blame game' is an indication of the fissure that has torn through American society. I'm not sure if the vicious political rhetoric that both sides have been using is a symptom of this fissure, or if it is one of the causes, but your leaders are meant to be just that - and they should not be leading America down this path that their increasingly bitter attacks on each other is taking them down.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#28    Copasetic

Copasetic

438579088 what am I?

• 4,237 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:58 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 12 January 2011 - 10:16 PM, said:

I agree with you, and X, and all the others who are saying this blame game is pathetic.

However (there's always a 'however'!  :P ), the vehemence of this 'blame game' is an indication of the fissure that has torn through American society. I'm not sure if the vicious political rhetoric that both sides have been using is a symptom of this fissure, or if it is one of the causes, but your leaders are meant to be just that - and they should not be leading America down this path that their increasingly bitter attacks on each other is taking them down.

Well said, at some point we've forgone "leaders" and replaced the ideal with "just an average joe like me". I don't want someone like me leading me, if they are to lead me, I want them to be smarter, more honest, more caring etc--As you said; a leader. I don't need a me to follow, for I follow me everyday.  :lol:

Edited by Copasetic, 12 January 2011 - 11:59 PM.

#29    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

When will anyone start talking about the Shooter himself instead of Palin?:blink:

#30    Copasetic

Copasetic

438579088 what am I?

• 4,237 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

View PostAROCES, on 13 January 2011 - 12:01 AM, said:

When will anyone start talking about the Shooter himself instead of Palin?:blink:

There you go. You know, maybe if this topic bothers you so much you could refrain from posting in it and let it filter down to the thread graveyard.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users