Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New book identifies Ireland as Atlantis

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:00 AM

If there's an island in the Atlantic eventually someone will say it's Atlantis. The truth is we'll probably never know for sure where it was or if it even really existed..

#17    VampChilde18

VampChilde18

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• I give you CORN........... so much corn I do give.

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:06 AM

so true

Remember people, skepticism is the better part of valor. or something.

THE SUPREME GIVER OF CORN to the DARK LORDS OF NON-BELIEVING UPPITY ANNOYINGNESS!!!

#18    neosnightmare

neosnightmare

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:08 AM

its not possible that Ireland to be Atlantis. as sed in the beginning, if it was, there would be acient ruins there. and so far there has been nothing found...at least not to my knowledge. blink.gif  

#19    antares

antares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

• Cor Scorpii

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (neosnightmare @ Aug 8 2004, 09:08 PM)
its not possible that Ireland to be Atlantis. as sed in the beginning, if it was, there would be acient ruins there. and so far there has been nothing found...at least not to my knowledge. blink.gif

Archeology makes discoveries every day. Two weeks ago while digging for a new highway south of the Balkan mountains, a crew of Bulgarian road workers found the ruins of a village dating from 10 000 years ago.  Nobody expected to find a village that old there and the oldest settlements  in that region are about 5000 years old. So it is quite possible that if they dig in the right places in Ireland they may find quite interesting things...  

#20    DrStrangelove

DrStrangelove

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• *something profound*

Posted 11 August 2004 - 03:12 AM

I still think Atlantis exists and was submerged. If anyone can find a copy of the book titled "Oera Linda Book" (which is my screen name for AIM  cool.gif ) by an author with the last name Linda; buy it! I belive this manuscript shows the location and specifics on Atlantis (or 'Atland' as the book calls it).

Go Home
People don't know why I am called Strangelove.
"By Deus! It's Full of stars!"
-Hal-Man (3001: The Final Odyssey)

#21    beowulf

beowulf

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 05:03 PM

if they dig in the right places in Ireland they may find quite interesting things...

But they probably won't....England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland are inhabited by "millions" of amatuer archaeologists, who dig the country up constantly.  If there was something there (Ireland is smaller than a lot of our states), it would have been found by now! laugh.gif  

#22    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

• By Belenos and Toutatis!

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (beowulf @ Aug 11 2004, 08:03 PM)
England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland are inhabited by "millions" of amatuer archaeologists, who dig the country up constantly.  If there was something there (Ireland is smaller than a lot of our states), it would have been found by now! laugh.gif

Not entirely accurate. The older the civ, the deeper burried (and the more scattered the findings), so a really ancient civ could be in a depth just not accesible to "amateurs"

Posted Image
There are two kinds of idiots - those who don't take action because they have received a threat, and those who think they are taking action because they have issued a threat.
Paulo Coelho

#23    beowulf

beowulf

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:41 PM

Not entirely accurate. The older the civ, the deeper burried (and the more scattered the findings), so a really ancient civ could be in a depth just not accesible to "amateurs"

That isn’t true either, I have been on digs that dated back 10000 to 15000 years that were only centimeters beneath the surface and been on digs that dated back only 1000 years that were meters below the surface.  I’ve seen sites where the findings were scattered and where they were “clumped” together.  Your statement shows that you have no true knowledge of archaeology or archaeological protocol.  Incidentally the passage tombs that were mentioned are quite common in England, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, etc and date back to around 9000 BCE…..A little late for Atlantis, don’t you think? whistling2.gif  

#24    MagicalNomad

MagicalNomad

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:29 PM

[FONT=Courier]The problem with the 'Ireland as Atlantis' theory is that according to the legend the Greek city-state of Athens was at war with Atlantis.

#25    thewicked1

thewicked1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

• When you kissed me with your three tongues, it was over.

Posted 13 August 2004 - 07:34 AM

How about if we all just say that Ireland was Atlantis then everybody can quit wasting their time looking for it.  

Always remember the goal of government and church is control and domination

#26    gabe

gabe

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 04:46 PM

ulf erlingsson? sounds norwegian or swedish(mabey danish to). Well back to the subject, if this is an old theory/claim then why would it be at breaking news? arent they paying attention? it seems like much of the info they got about atlantis points toward ireland, and they say atlantis sunk but, what if it resurfaced again? i know, sounds insane.

Edited by gabe, 13 August 2004 - 04:47 PM.

#27    TraJik

TraJik

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (thewicked1 @ Aug 13 2004, 08:34 AM)
How about if we all just say that Ireland was Atlantis then everybody can quit wasting their time looking for it.

Wasting our time??

If atlantis did exist, they were said to have an intellect, and be as advanced scientifically as we are today. It is said that atlantis was supposed to have flying machines also. I mean if we were to discover a civilization that is equal to ours today, would be quite impressive.. Maybe the most important archeology discovery ever?

The Atlantians were said to have a library somewhat similar to what the Mayan's had, which was destroyed by the spanish. But if we discover a library that is intact, with information that was lost with a catastrophic disaster such as flood/earthquake, nobody would have time to Rob/Loot the most important artifacts.. The artifacts of knowledge..

Personally I think even when we find heiroglyphs on pyramids, that knowledge we read, is knowledge that was lost in time. And there is nothing more important then gaining knowledge.  And an ancient book on physics/mathmatics I feel would be absolutely priceless.  I think if we discover atlantis, we will uncover so many secrets that have been waiting to be answered for millenia..

#28    LittleIrishVampiress

LittleIrishVampiress

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

• What you seek above, sow below.

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:57 PM

well the ancient folklore tells of a race of people almost magical. they either had long golden blonde hair or jet black. they were tall and slender and some even dwelt in the water because they had webbed feet and hands and hidden gills. they came from greece and were the offspring of the goddess Danu. they settled in ireland way before the historical first settlers. the legend says that when they first came here it was smaller and full of magic and they used the magic to create more land and mountains. then when the humans came they slowly began to vanish...maybe not atlantis, but maybe a place they once lived..???? grin2.gif  

"I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               - Ray Bradbury,  Zen in the Art of Writing

#29    Velikovsky

Velikovsky

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

• It's mind over matter,
    I don't mind because
    You don't matter

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (TraJik @ Aug 26 2004, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (thewicked1 @ Aug 13 2004, 08:34 AM)

Wasting our time??

yes wasting our time.
Where in any ancient literature does it mention Atlantis having a technology equal with ours? I've read Plato he's not talking about cars, computers or anything like that when he mentions Atlantis.
However for the Ireland as Atlantis, maybe. The only reason I even say maybe is because it was the Celts who brought in the bronze age and the iron age. So they would have appeared fairly advanced to the other cultures in the world at that time. So maybe Ireland is it. Then again maybe not.

Posted Image
Columnist for Unexplained Mysteries.

#30    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,565 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:51 AM

Hell it might be in Ireland or im sorry it might be Ireland... Usually all i read about is hey Atlantis is Chilie, or Atlantis is in Antartica, or Atlantis is here or there.. but as Schadeux posted he actually had evidence to back it up... thanx for that!

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users