Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Earth's shift adds a 13th Zodiac sign [merged x2]

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#181    maddog1103

maddog1103

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

I believe that the sign you were born under you keep. The 13th sign is for those born after the earths shift.I was born a Gemini and it fits me, I cant see because of the shift that now I am a Taurus. lol

#182    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

cobblers!

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#183    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostSV-001, on 13 January 2011 - 11:13 PM, said:

I liked being capricorn!  <_<

Update: Wow I just realized my spelling makes it seem like I'm in the third grade or something.. LOl sorry!

Kickass! Now I'm a Scorpio...sweeeeeet...

:w00t:

#184    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,415 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

I wouldn't be so quick to adopt a new sign see article here.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#185    ancientAstrologer

ancientAstrologer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

I believe that the sign you were born under you keep. The 13th sign is for those born after the earths shift.I was born a Gemini and it fits me, I cant see because of the shift that now I am a Taurus. lol

I also believe that you keep the Sign you were born under!
The scientific truth is that you were born under Taurus. You were mistakenly informed by Tropical Astrologers that your are Gemini. In fact you are Taurus. You always were Taurus. Maybe if you try to read your new traits, you'll find a better matching!

#186    ancientAstrologer

ancientAstrologer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to adopt a new sign see article here.

This article is scientifically wrong. Read this article to find the truth here

#187    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,299 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

First day of Spring = Start of sign Aries,  etc.  I  thought that's how it works.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#188    Skinwalkers Haunted Woods 2005

Skinwalkers Haunted Woods 2005

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

View PostSV-001, on 13 January 2011 - 11:13 PM, said:

I liked being capricorn!  <_<

Update: Wow I just realized my spelling makes it seem like I'm in the third grade or something.. LOl sorry!

You SUN sign never changes. Unless, of course, you can modify the planetary postions at the time of your birth. If you're interested in astrology, try calculating your astrology chart. It will be much more informational!

- T

#189    ancientAstrologer

ancientAstrologer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

First day of Spring = Start of sign Aries, etc. I thought that's how it works.

No, it doesn't work like this. First day of Spring is 1st of March. If you mean 1st day of Vernal Equinox, this is the 21st of March and it currently lies into Pisces. This day was in Aries 2000 years ago.

You SUN sign never changes. Unless, of course, you can modify the planetary postions at the time of your birth. If you're interested in astrology, try calculating your astrology chart. It will be much more informational!

I agree, your SUN sign never changes. It can be anyone of the 13 Zodiac Signs according to your date of birth. See the table above.

Edited by ancientAstrologer, 19 March 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#190    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,107 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

View Postjo_cool, on 22 August 2011 - 10:35 AM, said:

yeah thts wht i heard..though i thought it was for ppl born after 2010
No.

The signs have been out of order regarding the calendar for more than a thousand years.

Hindu astrology has always taken the precession into account.  Western has not.

This isn't new.  Like I said, factually, it's over a thousand years old.

It's just that most people didn't know it, so the article is written as if this was something new.

Sorry, your astronomical sign was wrong the day you were born.  It was wrong for your great-great-great- grandfather the day he was born as well.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#191    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,168 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostancientAstrologer, on 14 March 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

This article is scientifically wrong. Read this article to find the truth here
That garbage has nothing to do with science.

#192    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Bah, you shouldn't care unless you're an astrologer. Western astrology is based on dividing the astrological year (stars from aries and ends with pisces) to twelve signs. It's based on an already fixed timeline, which has been divided to 12 (almost) equal parts, even though it takes longer to pass through some constellations (like taurus) than others. What matters is the time that's been already given and the descriptions. Even if you find 10 or 29 more constellations the principle remains the same. In western astrology, at least.

One thing is, most people here say "oh look, this is my new sign!! whoopie, or no I wont accept it". You're probably talking about your sun sign. There's moon, mercury, venus, mars.... all the way to pluto and then chiron and lilith and some centaurs.

The signs themselves are takings of human (and other) characteristics. There's much psychology used in dividing them:
  • introvert / extrovert, means inwards / outgoing person. Also divided to feminine / masculine. Air and fire are masculine & extrovert while earth and water signs introvert and feminine.
  • individual (fire & earth) / collective (water & air), subjective (fire & water) / objective (earth & air)
  • leader (cardinal), guard (fixed) and changing (mutable)
The dividence to 12 is out of convenience, 12 can be divided nicely to those kind of classifications. The stars don't necessarily affect our psyche nor we them, but both of us are affected by the same universal energy, which gives our soul (or whatever lies inside us) a form, a color. It's an inner birthmark, but as we can develop our muscles, we can also develop this soul. I don't know why some people don't end up like their signs, progressive horoscope may give an answer to that, even though if you actually look answers from astrology, you shouldn't let yourself be limited by it. Since it's mostly written stuff, and written can be perceived in a plethora of ways. This is why I, when I started to get interested in astrology, red as many different descriptions and classifications of each sign as possible, to get a better picture. It's not some textbook where E=mc2.

And besides, you (and those around you, if you like) define you, not your birth description, whether your birth description is true or not.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#193    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

How lovely. My new zodiac sign is a snake.
Snake jewelry is sure to make the fundamentalists who dislike me even more pleased with me I am sure.
Still, fashion demands it, lol.

Posted Image

#194    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,965 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostBella-Angelique, on 30 April 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

How lovely. My new zodiac sign is a snake.
Snake jewelry is sure to make the fundamentalists who dislike me even more pleased with me I am sure.
Still, fashion demands it, lol.

Try being a scorpion...such a warm and caring symbol....

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#195    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,055 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

View Postand then, on 30 April 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

Try being a scorpion...such a warm and caring symbol....
Well, as I said earlier, I think it seems about right..

View Post747400, on 15 February 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

:w00t:
that's what I always say in any case. I'm (accoring to the traditional way) right at the beginning of Sagiattrius, but i always feel much more strongly like Scorpio next door, which leads me to suspect that there probably must have been some slippage in the dates over time (perhaps because of the procession of the Equinoxes or something  Posted Image ), and the traditional dates need adjusting a bit.. :D

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users