Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bee Keeper Survives 300,000 Stings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 11 January 2003 - 10:58 AM

A man trapped in his wrecked truck survived an attack by up to 300,000 bees searching for their hives after the truck crashed near Auckland. Chris Robinson had developed partial immunity to bee stings since he began beekeeping in 1982.

"The rescuers would have been under more threat than Chris," his wife Laine said yesterday."He was covered in stings all over his body and neck. "Most people would have died from that much venom.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: News.com

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 11 January 2003 - 01:22 PM

Even being immune, I don't see how he survived an
    attack like that!    I wonder how well he took care of them,
    since it almost sounds like a revenge attack!    sad.gif                                                

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,839 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 January 2003 - 01:51 PM

One thing's for sure - it must have really hurt!  sad.gif

Mrs Robinson had to spend 30 minutes removing the stings from her husband's body.

wacko.gif                                                

#4    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 07:16 AM

scared.gif  What a nightmare  scared.gif                                                

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#5    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 10:40 PM

Hmmm , Ouch .
   My Husband once ( who's sometimes not to bright but he looks good and goes with everything I own  wub.gif ) decided to throw rocks at a wasp hive and well I guess the moral of the story is that most people end up in hospital after an attack like that .
Mind you most people learn never to do that sort of thing again . Yet ya  still catch him poking at the odd hive ,  just for fun (damn red neck  rolleyes.gif )
  Mind you I had never heard of an ammunity to bee stings as I thought that after an attack like the one in the story you became more susceptible to bad reactions from bee stings later. huh.gif sort of like a build up of toxins.                                                

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users