Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing the virgin mary

moonstar5

First of all, I'm really glad I found this site, cause I wanted to share my experience and get some feedbacks.

Tell me if what I've experienced is something paranormal, holy, or just my mind playing tricks on me.

My writing is not too good so bare with me.

One saturday evening i was feeling kind a down and tire basically cause things weren't working out between me and this girl who I've been seeing. I decided to go to bed early at around 10 pm. Later on, it felt like something sort of woke me up at around 1am. I was pretty upset over it because it was too early on and wished it had been 6am already instead. When I woke up, I looked around my bedroom and then I looked at my clock to know it was only around 1am in morning. My room was slightly illuminated with moon light coming through the window cause I have left the shade half way up and I could just tell there was a full moon out that night. I then thought I was going to get up, turned my computer on and surf the net cause I didn't feel sleepy anymore. As I was about to get up, I saw this dark scary figure standing by my bedroom door. I thought It must be my eyes playing with me, I blinked a few times and looked at it again, and surely the figure was still there in the dark and standing there. I started to panic and get scared cause I thought I was seeing a ghost! But I still didn't want to believed it so this time I blinked and squinted my eyes even harder hoping this dark scary figure would disappear. But this time what I saw shocked me, amazed me, and freighten me even more...this dark scary figure suddenly turned into The Virgin Mary . She was very beautiful, flawless and glowing with lights shinning down on her. But she wasn't moving at all, she was very still like a statue and in a praying position with both hands palmed together at her chest. My hearted start pounding harder and harder as I stared at her and my eyes was as wide as they can get. The only thing I could do at the moment was too keep staring at her to see what's to come next. But then she just slowly dissapated and I found myself staring at my towel which was hanging on my bedroom door knob. I was pretty shakin and had to slowly and cautiously get myself out of bed fearing something else might happened, but nothing else happened.

I am not a christian, Jesus Christ is not my religion but i do respect it...nor do I pray to Jesus or Mary, let alone even think of them for that matter. Why would this happened to me or is it just my mind playing a sick trick on me? That experience was so real and deep, wish you all could experienced it too.

Edited by moonstar5
  • Like 3

First of all, I'm really glad I found this site, cause I wanted to share my experience and get some feedbacks.

Tell me if what I've experienced is something paranormal, holy, or just my mind playing tricks on me.

One saturday evening i was feeling kind a down and tire basically cause things weren't working out between me and this girl who I've been seeing. I decided to go to bed early at around 10 pm. Later on, it felt like something sort of woke me up at around 1am. I was pretty upset over it because it was too early on and wished it had been 6am already instead. When I woke up, I looked around my bedroom and then I looked at my clock to know it was only around 1am in morning. My room was slightly illuminated with moon light coming through the window cause I have left the shade half way up and I could just tell there was a full moon out that night. I then thought I was going to get up, turned my computer on and surf the net cause I didn't feel sleepy anymore. As I was about to get up, I saw this dark scary figure standing by my bedroom door. I thought It must be my eyes playing with me, I blinked a few times and looked at it again, and surely the figure was still there in the dark and standing there. I started to panic and get scared cause I thought I was seeing a ghost! But I still didn't want to believed it and this time I bling and squinted my eyes even harder hoping this dark scary figure would disappear. But this time what I saw shock, amazed me and freighten me even more...this dark scary figure suddenly turned into the Virgin Mary. She was very beautiful, flawless and glowing with the heaven's light shinning on her. But she wasn't moving at all, she was very still like a statue and praying with both hands palmed together at her chest. My hearted start pounding and racing as stared at her and my eyes was as wide as they can get. The only thing I could do at the moment was too keep staring at her to see what's to come next. But she just slowly dissapated and I found myself staring at my towel which was hanging on my bedroom door knob. I was pretty shakin and had to slowly and cautiously get myself out of bed fearing something else might happened, but nothing else happened.

I am not a christian, Jesus Christ is not my religion but i do respect it...nor do I pray to Jesus or Mary, let alone even think of them for that matter. Why would this happened to me or is it just my mind playing a holy trick on me? That experience was so real and deep, wish you all could experienced it too.

i don't think you saw the virgin mary, sorry. i know you think you saw something supernatural, but i'm willing to bet you were either still sleeping or your eyes were playing tricks on you in the dark.

the main problem i have with stories like this is that it's always someone in bed, or just waking up. it's more likely to me that it's imagination.

Sleep walking?

Lucid dreaming?

Why do you think a religion youre not part of would have a "member" of it visit you?

Why do you think a religion youre not part of would have a "member" of it visit you?

Ever heard of Jehovah's Witnesses?

I'm sure it was in order to convert her to Catholicism ;)

In all seriousness to the OP, most likely a dream or sleep paralysis type experience. Or, simpler yet, just a misinterpretation of shadows and light in your tired state.

One saturday evening i was feeling kind a down and tire basically cause things weren't working out between me and this girl who I've been seeing. I decided to go to bed early at around 10 pm. Later on, it felt like something sort of woke me up at around 1am. I was pretty upset over it because it was too early on and wished it had been 6am already instead. When I woke up, I looked around my bedroom and then I looked at my clock to know it was only around 1am in morning. My room was slightly illuminated with moon light coming through the window cause I have left the shade half way up and I could just tell there was a full moon out that night. I then thought I was going to get up, turned my computer on and surf the net cause I didn't feel sleepy anymore. As I was about to get up, I saw this dark scary figure standing by my bedroom door. I thought It must be my eyes playing with me, I blinked a few times and looked at it again, and surely the figure was still there in the dark and standing there. I started to panic and get scared cause I thought I was seeing a ghost! But I still didn't want to believed it so this time I blinked and squinted my eyes even harder hoping this dark scary figure would disappear. But this time what I saw shocked me, amazed me, and freighten me even more...this dark scary figure suddenly turned into The Virgin Mary . She was very beautiful, flawless and glowing with lights shinning down on her. But she wasn't moving at all, she was very still like a statue and in a praying position with both hands palmed together at her chest. My hearted start pounding harder and harder as I stared at her and my eyes was as wide as they can get. The only thing I could do at the moment was too keep staring at her to see what's to come next. But then she just slowly dissapated and I found myself staring at my towel which was hanging on my bedroom door knob. I was pretty shakin and had to slowly and cautiously get myself out of bed fearing something else might happened, but nothing else happened.

I am not a christian, Jesus Christ is not my religion but i do respect it...nor do I pray to Jesus or Mary, let alone even think of them for that matter. Why would this happened to me or is it just my mind playing a sick trick on me? That experience was so real and deep, wish you all could experienced it too.

now that's funny!

Hello,

One need not be Christian for Mary to appear. She lived the life of a mystic which caused her to evolve into an spiritually advanced being. Each and every one of us, through discipline and right-living, can achieve this by the way.

Anyway, she usually appears to one who has an important task to complete in life, one which serves the world. Should you choose to obssess about what this "task" is then your energy will be poured into that and you will be unable to do what needs to be done. We are not to know "why we are here". It is a fruitless waste of life energy to focus on such query as life passes by whilst one's consciousness is trapped in the meaning of life instead of going out there and doing it.

We all have a spiritual guiding force within us. Some refer to it as intution. Follow your intuition rather than your head or heart. The heart can be confused with emotion and the head is the logical thinking part that does not see the whole picture. Emotions and logic can lead one far astray as these are often ruled by the ego.

The intuition is a true spiritual guiding force. Everyone senses it and receives messages in different ways. The police refer to it as a "gut reaction". They make the best cops and investigators. The ones who dismiss it are quite ineffective. Anyway, I feel it in my solar plexus and hear words at times.

For instance, I was walking on a sunny day through a beautiful alley which opens onto to sidewalks and streets for crossing. Since it is not a street there are no stop or traffic signs regulating traffic. I was about to step out onto a sidewalk when a voice in my head yelled "STOP!" I instantly obeyed and froze on the spot as a cyclist whizzed by at top speed on the sidewalk where he should not have been. I would have been gravely injured, perhaps even killed as my head slammed onto the cement had I not obeyed.

I was close to death and about to pass over when the entire room filled with sparkling lights like airborne crystals and Mary was suspended at the foot of my bed looking down at me in the same way. She was like a statue in full brilliant colour. I was puzzled about this for years until i was told the same as I am telling you. She appears when a Path is necessary to follow. I survived and able to serve the world, in many ways, since then.

You will know through intuition. Keep your self open to a sudden shift in your lifestyle. And remember that you may not hear an internal voice, or have a vibration in your solar plexus. You may meet someone who offers you an opportunity, or a message is emailed to you, or you read a piece in a newspaper or book that clues you in to something. Just be open to guidance and direction. Should you be faced with a choice because your head, heart and gut are all speaking simultaneously, then follow the gut, your intuition delivers messages in many ways. Who knows what service you will provide to the world?

E.

• Like 1

Okay, let's assume for a minute that you weren't dreaming. That what you say happened did, in fact, happen. How do you know it was the Virgin Mary? Why couldn't it have been the ghost of a nun? I have never understood why sudden images of a bearded man in any form, i.e. a piece of toast or some other random media, is automatically viewed as an image of Jesus Christ. It's not like he's the only guy to ever have longish hair and a beard. A lot of hippie guys from the 70s had longish hair and beards.

• Like 1

If you percieved this image as 'The Virgin Mary' you must have had some preconception of her .. but if you say you have had no exposure to religion at all I have to agree with the first response on this thread

Im not a christian or anything, if the virgin mary appeared in my room one night, I wouldnt reconize her! how do you know it was the vigin mary?

If you percieved this image as 'The Virgin Mary' you must have had some preconception of her .. but if you say you have had no exposure to religion at all I have to agree with the first response on this thread

Of course I have seen what Mary looks like before, it's everywhere around us, statues, movies, books, etc. I didn't say I have never been exposed to the religion, I said It's not my religion nor do I dwell on it on a daily base. It's like seeing a car model that you'll probably never buy in your life time but it ends up playing a significant role in your dream.

It was just really wierd and odd that of all the things in this world, it had to be her that appeared before me. It could have been a million other things out there, why her? The strangest part was, I was anticipating seeing something demonic or horribly scary but then it turned out to be her.

Im not a christian or anything, if the virgin mary appeared in my room one night, I wouldnt reconize her! how do you know it was the vigin mary?

Like I've stated above, I've seen what Mary looks like just as many you have too, thru movies, status, etc. And what I saw that night was her...it was exactly like a flawless beautiful statue of her with the robe over her head as well. She was glowing and very detail, I stared right at her face, especially at her nose brigde becaues it was so perfect and straight.

It wouldn't be so weird if I saw it right away as I open my eyes while my vision is still fuzzy and blurry, but I had already woken up, took sometime to looked around my room and even looked at my clock first to see what time it was...then as I was about to get up, that's when I saw the dark figure standing by the door.

Edited by moonstar5

Hello,

One need not be Christian for Mary to appear. She lived the life of a mystic which caused her to evolve into an spiritually advanced being. Each and every one of us, through discipline and right-living, can achieve this by the way.

Anyway, she usually appears to one who has an important task to complete in life, one which serves the world. Should you choose to obssess about what this "task" is then your energy will be poured into that and you will be unable to do what needs to be done. We are not to know "why we are here". It is a fruitless waste of life energy to focus on such query as life passes by whilst one's consciousness is trapped in the meaning of life instead of going out there and doing it.

We all have a spiritual guiding force within us. Some refer to it as intution. Follow your intuition rather than your head or heart. The heart can be confused with emotion and the head is the logical thinking part that does not see the whole picture. Emotions and logic can lead one far astray as these are often ruled by the ego.

The intuition is a true spiritual guiding force. Everyone senses it and receives messages in different ways. The police refer to it as a "gut reaction". They make the best cops and investigators. The ones who dismiss it are quite ineffective. Anyway, I feel it in my solar plexus and hear words at times.

For instance, I was walking on a sunny day through a beautiful alley which opens onto to sidewalks and streets for crossing. Since it is not a street there are no stop or traffic signs regulating traffic. I was about to step out onto a sidewalk when a voice in my head yelled "STOP!" I instantly obeyed and froze on the spot as a cyclist whizzed by at top speed on the sidewalk where he should not have been. I would have been gravely injured, perhaps even killed as my head slammed onto the cement had I not obeyed.

I was close to death and about to pass over when the entire room filled with sparkling lights like airborne crystals and Mary was suspended at the foot of my bed looking down at me in the same way. She was like a statue in full brilliant colour. I was puzzled about this for years until i was told the same as I am telling you. She appears when a Path is necessary to follow. I survived and able to serve the world, in many ways, since then.

You will know through intuition. Keep your self open to a sudden shift in your lifestyle. And remember that you may not hear an internal voice, or have a vibration in your solar plexus. You may meet someone who offers you an opportunity, or a message is emailed to you, or you read a piece in a newspaper or book that clues you in to something. Just be open to guidance and direction. Should you be faced with a choice because your head, heart and gut are all speaking simultaneously, then follow the gut, your intuition delivers messages in many ways. Who knows what service you will provide to the world?

E.

You brought up some good points and reasonings.

Honestly I am struggling really hard to keep up with myself and my faith. Maybe Mary was there, to remind/help me to keep believing and keep following my faith.

Edited by moonstar5

Okay, let's assume for a minute that you weren't dreaming. That what you say happened did, in fact, happen. How do you know it was the Virgin Mary? Why couldn't it have been the ghost of a nun? I have never understood why sudden images of a bearded man in any form, i.e. a piece of toast or some other random media, is automatically viewed as an image of Jesus Christ. It's not like he's the only guy to ever have longish hair and a beard. A lot of hippie guys from the 70s had longish hair and beards.

What person in the modern world doesn't kno what Mary is suppose to look like, we've seen her image portrayed everywhere, books, statues, etc. Whether it was a nun or Mary, from what I kno it was Mary to me.

No joke, it look just like this.

http://www.fulcrumgallery.com/Mutter-Gottes-von-Fatima_77217.htm

Edited by moonstar5

Vrigin Mary was no virgin. I hate how sexuality is perverted. By religions.

• Like 1

Vrigin Mary was no virgin. I hate how sexuality is perverted. By religions.

From what I heard and kno, she never had intercourse to conceived jesus...that's probably why that name was given to her.

Anybody else know or had a different answer?

i don't think you saw the virgin mary, sorry. i know you think you saw something supernatural, but i'm willing to bet you were either still sleeping or your eyes were playing tricks on you in the dark.

the main problem i have with stories like this is that it's always someone in bed, or just waking up. it's more likely to me that it's imagination.

If that's the case then my mind sure played one hell of a trick on me that night, but why with millions of other things/people in the world, it had to be her. It could have been my father who's passed away, goerge w. bush, or even saddam hussain, not joking. I just don't get it.

From what I heard and kno, she never had intercourse to conceived jesus...that's probably why that name was given to her.

well if she was a virgin still after giving birth to Jesus she surely lost it when James was conceived

Today at work I was scraping up dried emulsion and I saw this image of St. Conan O'Brien, probably telling me to watch his show tonight.

post-68572-0-94900600-1295622409_thumb.j

• Haha 1

well since you and your girlfriend arent working so well and you saw a beautiful lady then its telling something to you

Early texts of the bible do not make any reference to mary being a virgin. yes, though me and seeker hardly agreem he is right on this.

well if she was a virgin still after giving birth to Jesus she surely lost it when James was conceived

let's see.

Your engaged to be maried in an ancient Jewish society. One problem so your pregnant,

ummmmm..... Your choices.

Stoned to death?

Impregnated by god?

You pick.

She would not have been the first teenager to take drastic measures after getting pregnant. Especially in a highly dogmatic environment. It still happens today.

Not that Jesus wasn't special. I beleive he was a spiritual master. The virgin legend may be just that a legend. Comeing from other god child legends. Mary and Joseph could have been maried and Christ had ,dare I say it, a normal natural origins.

Just my thoughts, no offense to any particular religion. I'm a naturalist and the spiritual nature of sex and birth to me stands on it's own. A woman can still be good and pure if she is not a virgin.

Edited by Seeker79

Early texts of the bible do not make any reference to mary being a virgin. yes, though me and seeker hardly agreem he is right on this.

I think you would be surprised at how much we do agree on. I was once an inteligent young skeptic in college to. Add a another few layers of life and experience.

I have yet to see a mind & temperment like yours that has not turned spiritual as it got older. Remember that twenty

years from now and come find me so I can say I told you so. :)

Of course I have seen what Mary looks like before, it's everywhere around us, statues, movies, books, etc. I didn't say I have never been exposed to the religion, I said It's not my religion nor do I dwell on it on a daily base. It's like seeing a car model that you'll probably never buy in your life time but it ends up playing a significant role in your dream.

It was just really wierd and odd that of all the things in this world, it had to be her that appeared before me. It could have been a million other things out there, why her? The strangest part was, I was anticipating seeing something demonic or horribly scary but then it turned out to be her.

Oh, ok. At least we know you have a good source on what she looked like.

I mean, im sure no one else in the history of time looked like her either.