Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

my theory why we have such short lifespans

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#1    megabyte

megabyte

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• <^..^> My cat got into my DNA and now all the strands are tangled and knotted!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

our scientists love the fruit fly because it completes a generation in just 3 weeks and so it is useful when studying what effect a certain substance may have on subsequent generations

could it be that humans have such pitifully short lifespan for the same reason?
[annunaki were supposed to live to age 36000 for example]

could aliens who have been tinkering with our civilization since year dot be using us to study substances over generations before giving it to their own population? someone who lives to age 36000 could study several of our generations after releasing a substance such the plague to see what it does. [yes apparently they saw men in black dressed as grim reapers releasing gas substances around villages prior to that village succumbing to the plague - this was on an episode i just watched called ancient aliens

it is quite obvious from reading ancient writings and also reading about current ufo abduction reports that aliens have always had their own agenda and sometimes it was for our good and sometimes it was not.

I would love to know what others think

#2    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

Welcome to UM Megabyte. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I'm sorry to be the one that has to say it, but the TV show called Ancient Aliens, is bad TV, with even worse science, theories, legends and myths. Half the things you'll see in there, are blatant lies and the other half unsubstantiated theories.

To give an example, the Anunnaki are a group of Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian deities, mythical beings. It stands to reason that a long, very long life span is allotted to them. Comparing their alleged lifespan to that of a normal human is nonsense.

I would take anything that show says, with a big bag of salt.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#3    megabyte

megabyte

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• <^..^> My cat got into my DNA and now all the strands are tangled and knotted!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 26 January 2011 - 12:07 PM, said:

Welcome to UM Megabyte. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I'm sorry to be the one that has to say it, but the TV show called Ancient Aliens, is bad TV, with even worse science, theories, legends and myths. Half the things you'll see in there, are blatant lies and the other half unsubstantiated theories.

To give an example, the Anunnaki are a group of Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian deities, mythical beings. It stands to reason that a long, very long life span is allotted to them. Comparing their alleged lifespan to that of a normal human is nonsense.

I would take anything that show says, with a big bag of salt.

ok then so what do you believe with is likely to be the truth about all the ufo reports - ancient and modern?

#4    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,700 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

Does this "theory' of yours explain why the "firefly" has a particular lifespan and why different animals have different lifespans?
Did the "Annunaki" Play with their "lives" also?

Doubt it.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#5    megabyte

megabyte

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

View PostThe Spartan, on 26 January 2011 - 01:25 PM, said:

Does this "theory' of yours explain why the "firefly" has a particular lifespan and why different animals have different lifespans?
Did the "Annunaki" Play with their "lives" also?

Doubt it.

i agree with you that not everything on earth has been genetically altered by et's

i do happen to believe that our lifespan is really very short. if you compare it to a cat or a dog and take the percentage of time we spend in childhood and also old age - if we spent the same percentage of time being children as cats do then we should be fully sexually mature and having offspring at age 4. I also believe that a decade of being at our best is very short percentage of our lifespan. we also spend way too long being old and less capable as compared to a the percentage of time a cat spends being old and incapacitated

I am not claiming I know the answer - but i am open to theories

#6    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

View Postmegabyte, on 26 January 2011 - 12:50 PM, said:

ok then so what do you believe with is likely to be the truth about all the ufo reports - ancient and modern?

Theyre unexplained flying objects.
BUT, even if they were extra terrestrials checking us out, the same way we do with other animals, i fail to see how the presense of ufos (ET or not) equates to the sumerian gods being real and genetically altering human beings, as well as other animals on earth.

I think your hypothesis is flawed, and lacking any type of corroborating evidence.

the truth is out there....

#7    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

Hi megabyte,

In fact lifespans are longer then before. :tu:

If you want to talk about "hypothesis" that is different. I always like to imagine and talk about different hypothesis.
Lets say that Humans have had longer lifespans in history. I would say that we evoluated then to have short lifespans to make a room for others. Imagine that we lived
36 oo years like Dumuzid from Sumerian king list? Overcroweded planet.

Edited by the L, 26 January 2011 - 02:30 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#8    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,700 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:30 PM

Life Spans of Humans is affected by multitude of Factors.

The Kind of food you eat, the kind of environment you live in, the Kind of Work you do, The Kind of lifestyle you have...all affects the human lifespan.

For example, my own maternal grandmother, was from the early 20th Century...born in 1905. She lived in cleaner environment than we do, ate food that were naturally produced, worked hard physically, had a very energetic lifestyle....she lived to the age of 105 years and died two years back.

People around her, in her times, lived a similar lifestyle in similar environment.

Not that throughout the ages, Aliens/ ETs flew around in UFOs and tinkered with our lifespans.

Why look to ETs when the answer lies in our own lifestyles on this 3rd Rock from the Sun???

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#9    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,338 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:27 AM

Greetings, megabyte, and welcome to UM. :)

I echo the sentiments of others who have commented and must stress the fact that human lifespans are hardly static. In the Bronze Age, when the Sumerians, Akkadians, Egyptians, and others were honing the their creation myths, the average lifespan was approximately 35 years. Approximately thirty percent of all children died before their fifth year of life; 20% of all pregnancies ended in spontaneous miscarriage.

Today, on the other hand, the average lifespan (in the West, at least) is around 76 years. Further, the average human is significantly taller than his ancestor of some 3,000 years ago. Whereas most Westerners get married in their twenties and have children in their twenties or early thirties, in the Bronze Age a bride could be as young as twelve or thirteen years of age and her husband only a few years older. When you were eighteen years old and "middle-aged," you started a family by what we modern folks would consider to be extremely young--still kids, really.

A multiplicity of factors determine lifespan, and it's all well understood through scientific principles. Aliens are not needed. The most obvious factors are good nutrition and modern medicine. The absence of something so basic as vaccinations is one main reason the infant mortality rate in the ancient world was so universally high. And something many people don't realize is that one of the greatest inventions in all of human history was the capability to produce clean, safe drinking water; that alone lengthened average lifespans.

When trying to tackle these subjects in the course of one's studies, the critical factor is the quality of sources to which one turns. While there is an abundance of high-quality and reliable research material that is available to everyone, I cannot agree enough with something TheSearcher mentioned in the second post of this discussion: sources like Ancient Aliens are not to be trusted. I've seen numerous episodes of this program, myself. TheSearcher said that when you watch this program, you must take it's information with "a big bag of salt." I might extend this analogy and suggest there is not a bag of salt in this world that's large enough. The information dispensed on Ancient Aliens is so lacking in substance and scientific evaluation that, in my opinion, it has no research value whatsoever. In other words, you won't learn a single thing that's pertinent to real-world historical facts.

Finally, on the subject of aliens, I am not the least shy about stating my own opinion. I am absolutely certain that aliens had nothing whatsoever to do with the developments of ancient cultures around the world. Indeed, these ancient societies did not need the assistance of aliens. This is the sort of thing of which TV shows like Ancient Aliens are so unforgivably guilty: at the same time that they dispense oodles of intellectual flotsam, they rob ancient societies of the great things ancient peoples achieved. Give credit where credit is due. ;)

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#10    megabyte

megabyte

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:56 AM

very good points and yet the ancient alien theory resonates so deep in me [and lots of others too I bet]

why does it resonate so deep in me? even though it is all unscientific and without any merit ?

why am I drawn to it like a moth to a flame and nothing anyone tells me sways me even in the slightest

I am not even saying I believe all the arguments authors such as Daniken and Sitchin write about - I do question these

but for some reason ever since I was 10 years old and read my first story about Stonehenge in a childrens book and it was not even alien astronauts oriented [did not even mention alien astronauts as a possibility] I was hooked in a huge way and that is that - it simply resonates somewhere deep inside me ever since then

I guess I might never know

#11    CyberArchangel

CyberArchangel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:25 AM

I think alien didn't do anything wrong with our lifespan or whatever because in my opinion there is something and being happening is our DNA is slowly regenerated from long lifespan to shorter lifespan as such Evolution Theory we are in time space that our lifespan suffers degradation because of the FOOD you eat or some of DNA string been reform to another life forms Posted Image

Dine in hell is not a healthy habbit :w00t:

#12    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:31 AM

View Postthe L, on 26 January 2011 - 02:27 PM, said:

Hi megabyte,

In fact lifespans are longer then before. :tu:

If you want to talk about "hypothesis" that is different. I always like to imagine and talk about different hypothesis.
Lets say that Humans have had longer lifespans in history. I would say that we evoluated then to have short lifespans to make a room for others. Imagine that we lived
36 oo years like Dumuzid from Sumerian king list? Overcroweded planet.
Lifespan overall has not changed until very recently.  The average age has changed drastically due to the lack of war and other pestilences.  Now we have to remember until very recently 15 to 30% of children died in child birth and if surviving child birth died in very early years of children diseases.  If they survived children diseases they were either taken as slaves (with understandably early demise) or to become soldiers (with also understandably early demise).  Now those who managed to avoid all the above mention problems, could live until a ripe age.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#13    Number Fingers

Number Fingers

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:56 AM

What interests me is that individual people in the past have lived just as long as people now are living (and I'm not talking of people in the bible).  What I mean is that the oldest people in modern society now live beyond 115 years, and in the Classic Age and the Middle Ages there are many documented people who lived to be over 100 as well.  Really, only the average lifespan of the population has risen, but the age to which we are capable of living has never significantly increased.

#14    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

View PostNumber Fingers, on 27 January 2011 - 07:56 AM, said:

What interests me is that individual people in the past have lived just as long as people now are living (and I'm not talking of people in the bible).  What I mean is that the oldest people in modern society now live beyond 115 years, and in the Classic Age and the Middle Ages there are many documented people who lived to be over 100 as well.  Really, only the average lifespan of the population has risen, but the age to which we are capable of living has never significantly increased.

Would you mind giving an example of documented people living to a 100 years+?  It's just that besides the various religious books, I don't really know of any accounts of people living that long in the old days.

I do subscribe to the explanations given by kmt, paralcelse Spartan etc, live spans are actually longer now than they used to be. And UFO's are just that, unidentified flying objects.  I don't reject the existence of aliens as such, as it would be quite arrogant to believe that we are the only life in such a vast universe. However I don't believe for one second that they have modified us in any way whatsoever or even visited us.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#15    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,589 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

View Postmegabyte, on 26 January 2011 - 09:01 AM, said:

our scientists love the fruit fly because it completes a generation in just 3 weeks and so it is useful when studying what effect a certain substance may have on subsequent generations

could it be that humans have such pitifully short lifespan for the same reason?
[annunaki were supposed to live to age 36000 for example]

could aliens who have been tinkering with our civilization since year dot be using us to study substances over generations before giving it to their own population? someone who lives to age 36000 could study several of our generations after releasing a substance such the plague to see what it does. [yes apparently they saw men in black dressed as grim reapers releasing gas substances around villages prior to that village succumbing to the plague - this was on an episode i just watched called ancient aliens

it is quite obvious from reading ancient writings and also reading about current ufo abduction reports that aliens have always had their own agenda and sometimes it was for our good and sometimes it was not.

I would love to know what others think

Hi, in order for your theory to work, we would first need to confirm, in fact, that extra-terrestrials do exist and they are also highly progressed than we are in terms of medical technology to be able to shorten our lifespan.

Nowadays, eyewitness accounts can only take you so far. Without concrete forensics to confirm any of the claims, unfortunately, the whole accountability falls apart.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users