Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

my theory why we have such short lifespans

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#16    megabyte

megabyte

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• <^..^> My cat got into my DNA and now all the strands are tangled and knotted!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:07 AM

View Post:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:, on 27 January 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

Hi, in order for your theory to work, we would first need to confirm, in fact, that extra-terrestrials do exist and they are also highly progressed than we are in terms of medical technology to be able to shorten our lifespan.

Nowadays, eyewitness accounts can only take you so far. Without concrete forensics to confirm any of the claims, unfortunately, the whole accountability falls apart.

I agree that there is no proof that satisfies everyone and I have myself found many holes in what has been written by Daniken and Sutchin

I am watching a doco right now about the marianas trench in the pacific ocean and Sitchin says that the earth used to be unstable and located where the asteroid belt is now and that an unproven planet entered the solar system and stabilised the solar system by exploding part of the unstable planet earth and after the explosion this earth became the asteroid belt and the planet earth but in the new orbit

now that would mean that this trench should be the oldest thing on the planet and that would be 4/5 billion years and yet the scientists are saying that they prove that this trench is only 170 million years old

this seems to disprove Sitchin

I do believe that there is more to ancient history than what the mainstream experts can prove

I say we should all read the books about these things [if we want to] and just wait til whatever can be proven will be proven.

until proven one way or the other it can simply be something we can all wonder about if we want to

in the meantime i want to have an antediluvian life span please of at least a few thousand years

#17    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,593 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

View Postmegabyte, on 27 January 2011 - 05:56 AM, said:

very good points and yet the ancient alien theory resonates so deep in me [and lots of others too I bet]
why does it resonate so deep in me? even though it is all unscientific and without any merit ?
why am I drawn to it like a moth to a flame and nothing anyone tells me sways me even in the slightest

I guess I might never know
I know, and I'll tell you.

Because you are ignorant of the facts, that's why.

Don't get me wrong, that's not an insult.  It's just a statement that you are unaware of factual information that fringe authors and claimants (suspiciously) never mention when they're detailing their particular flights of fancy in an attempt to generate money.

If you look into it on your own, you'll stop being drawn like a moth and start being repulsed by these lying con men that have their hand rummaging around in your pocket.

Regarding the lifespan of a cat (your example,) it might be that humans would live much longer lives if someone would keep us and feed us healthy food and we didn't have to do anything but sleep all day.

Were I you, I'd look into the lifespan of wild cats such as bobcats and lynx.

Harte

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#18    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,408 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

View Postmegabyte, on 26 January 2011 - 09:01 AM, said:

our scientists love the fruit fly because it completes a generation in just 3 weeks and so it is useful when studying what effect a certain substance may have on subsequent generations

could it be that humans have such pitifully short lifespan for the same reason?
[annunaki were supposed to live to age 36000 for example]

On what basis are you saying we have a "pitiful" lifespan? Compared to a mythical set of beings? Thats like saying a body builder is "pitifully weak" compared to Superman.

could aliens who have been tinkering with our civilization since year dot be using us to study substances over generations before giving it to their own population? someone who lives to age 36000 could study several of our generations after releasing a substance such the plague to see what it does. [yes apparently they saw men in black dressed as grim reapers releasing gas substances around villages prior to that village succumbing to the plague - this was on an episode i just watched called ancient aliens

A solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

As for the "grim reapers", doctors (such as they were) at the time filled face masks with herbs as they thought it protected against the disease. I wouldn't be surprised if this was something similar (loath as I am to take anything from a program called "Ancient Aliens" seriously).

it is quite obvious from reading ancient writings and also reading about current ufo abduction reports that aliens have always had their own agenda and sometimes it was for our good and sometimes it was not.

You've already made your mind up that aliens exist then. Huge assumption.

View Postthe L, on 26 January 2011 - 02:27 PM, said:

In fact lifespans are longer then before. :tu:

Not necessarily. The average lifespan has gone up because infant mortality has gone down. When its said that an "average life expectancy" is 35, this doesn't mean that people aged 35 are dropping dead.

View Postmegabyte, on 27 January 2011 - 05:56 AM, said:

very good points and yet the ancient alien theory resonates so deep in me [and lots of others too I bet]

why does it resonate so deep in me? even though it is all unscientific and without any merit ?

why am I drawn to it like a moth to a flame and nothing anyone tells me sways me even in the slightest

Easy: because you want it to be true. How exciting would it be to find out we were the product of ancient aliens? I don't know anyone who wouldn't find this amazing. Problem is: no evidence. None. Zilch. Nada.

Using aliens to explain our past is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

View PostNumber Fingers, on 27 January 2011 - 07:56 AM, said:

What interests me is that individual people in the past have lived just as long as people now are living (and I'm not talking of people in the bible).  What I mean is that the oldest people in modern society now live beyond 115 years, and in the Classic Age and the Middle Ages there are many documented people who lived to be over 100 as well.  Really, only the average lifespan of the population has risen, but the age to which we are capable of living has never significantly increased.

I question your sources about people in the middle ages living to 100, but essentially you are correct. The average age is going up.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#19    Hurrikane

Hurrikane

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:42 PM

Diet & nutrition, physical activity, diseases, the style of living, and many others contribute to an increase or decrease in our life span. Look at our general lifespan even fifty/sixty years ago, it was much lower than it is today. Increased awareness and education of disease, as well as new innovations in medical technologies, has drastically increased our life spans. I don't think an alien theory on our life spans has any merit whatsoever.

Even if you go back into the earlier human period, there are many influential external factors that contribute to what we would consider, early death.

If you are seriously interested in understanding human life span and disease then please look into the hypothesis of EVOLUTION.

#20    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,788 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

the idea that humans have a short life span is relative only to something that has a longer life span. something real, that is - not a biblical character or mythical being.
as far as i'm concerned some of us live way too freaking long.

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#21    Ozner

Ozner

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

TC, If you're interested in things that live a long time, you should check out the immortal jellyfish. After a certain age they revert back to a premature stage, then the cycle starts over again. They only die from being eaten/killed or from diseases.

http://en.wikipedia....opsis_nutricula

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

#22    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:02 AM

View Postmegabyte, on 26 January 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

i do happen to believe that our lifespan is really very short. if you compare it to a cat or a dog and take the percentage of time we spend in childhood and also old age - if we spent the same percentage of time being children as cats do then we should be fully sexually mature and having offspring at age 4.

Haven't observed the life spans of cats (beyond "too long"), so let's use dogs.

A dog is considered a mature adult around 2 and a half years and lives to about 12 in captivity.
A human is considered a mature adult in the early 20's and lives to about 75 years in captivity.

That's about the same percentage in life cycle for physical maturity. Sexual maturity is harder to pin down because a dog that has a handful of tiny babies can deliver them safely at a younger relative age than a human can deliver it's far larger (in relation to the mother) baby.

Even if the maturity cycles were radically different, the rebuttal would be "Those are dogs. Humans are different.".

I also believe that a decade of being at our best is very short percentage of our lifespan. we also spend way too long being old and less capable as compared to a the percentage of time a cat spends being old and incapacitated

"In the wild" as in without modern medicine, we lived about 50 years. Biologically, being at our peak means being capable of breeding. A normal human female can deliver a baby safely at about 15 and all the way up to about 45. That's the majority of the normal life spent at our peak.

I am not claiming I know the answer - but i am open to theories

From the responses you've made, it looks like you're open to people telling you why they think you're right.

The fact is at our current 70ish average lifespan, we're one of the longest lived species on the planet on par with animals that should live much longer than us based on gestation and birth rate (like elephants). We're talking land animals, of course.

You're basing your entire premise on a few unverifiable mentions of humans with incredibly long lifespans. Many would call these mentions fiction.

I've read the story of Peter Parker. Do you think aliens tampered with our DNA to eliminate our super strength and agility plus our ability to climb sheer smooth surfaces along with our danger sense?

#23    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,593 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

View Postsam12six, on 29 January 2011 - 01:02 AM, said:

From the responses you've made, it looks like you're open to people telling you why they think you're right.
That was humorous, but a little unfair.

I think Megabyte showed restraint under the withering gaze of the lovely and deadly Emma Acid.

Didn't even wince when I pointed out the ignorance.

All in all, pretty outstanding when compared to many, many other posters in this section.

Still...

It was damn funny!  :tu:

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#24    Number Fingers

Number Fingers

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:46 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 27 January 2011 - 12:05 PM, said:

Would you mind giving an example of documented people living to a 100 years+?  It's just that besides the various religious books, I don't really know of any accounts of people living that long in the old days.

I guess 100+ was a little hyperbolic, but I was just referring to people like:
Saint Anthony (dead at 105)
Xenophanes (dead at 94)
Sophocles(dead at 90)
Democritus (dead at 90)
Pyrrho (dead at 90)
Michaelangelo(dead at 88)
Eratosthenes(dead at 82)

I'm going by the 'documented' evidence for each individual (ie. classical texts), so take it for what it's worth.  I'm  neither defending or standing behind the numbers, because obviously I don't have the primary sources myself.  But those are the numbers we have.  I'm just merely interested in the idea that a small portion of the population has always lived much longer than the average.  Throughout history, we really only know how a select 3-5% of the population lived at any period in time anyways.  It seems logical that the undocumented 'common' peasant could fortuitously live just as long as any other 'select' or 'extraordinary' figures to only whom we have evidence.  The evidence in modern times shows this is true: the people who live the longest are just ordinary people.

#25    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:32 AM

View PostHarte, on 30 January 2011 - 01:31 AM, said:

That was humorous, but a little unfair.

I think Megabyte showed restraint under the withering gaze of the lovely and deadly Emma Acid.

Didn't even wince when I pointed out the ignorance.

All in all, pretty outstanding when compared to many, many other posters in this section.

Still...

It was damn funny!  :tu:

Harte

Yeah, it was slightly harsh considering her good attitude to rebuttals. As you've said, most people who post in this (I believe any) section tend to be incredibly defensive instead of actually willing to discuss.

The thing that inspired that post was this:

I am not even saying I believe all the arguments authors such as Daniken and Sitchin write about - I do question these

but for some reason ever since I was 10 years old and read my first story about Stonehenge in a childrens book and it was not even alien astronauts oriented [did not even mention alien astronauts as a possibility] I was hooked in a huge way and that is that - it simply resonates somewhere deep inside me ever since then

I guess I might never know

Which to paraphrase says something along the lines of: "Everything says you're right, but I still think you're wrong."

This is of course light years ahead of people who can't accept that the facts are on the other side of the discussion, but it's still saying, "Regardless of the facts, I still think I'm right".

#26    megabyte

megabyte

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• <^..^> My cat got into my DNA and now all the strands are tangled and knotted!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

View Postsam12six, on 30 January 2011 - 07:32 AM, said:

Yeah, it was slightly harsh considering her good attitude to rebuttals. As you've said, most people who post in this (I believe any) section tend to be incredibly defensive instead of actually willing to discuss.

The thing that inspired that post was this:

Which to paraphrase says something along the lines of: "Everything says you're right, but I still think you're wrong."

This is of course light years ahead of people who can't accept that the facts are on the other side of the discussion, but it's still saying, "Regardless of the facts, I still think I'm right".

to tell the truth - I like reading books and watching docos about ancient alien theories and that does not mean I believe what is written

I can read and hypothesize all I want to just because it entertains me

if and when further proof is found then I can evaluate that proof

I just dont choose to make a final commitment to either way of seeing the world - it does not have to be black or white - my view of the world can accommodate many shades of grey and be pretty fluid between the black and white

I am reading Sitchin because I have not heard of him before this year, so why not read it - it reads better than some science fiction books - maybe it should be made into a sci-fi series to rival the best lol

what we might discover in the future no one can predict, but I expect to have my mind boggled quite a bit along the way and I love to have my mind seriously boggled by theories and hypotheses and facts and new discoveries

that is what makes my life worth living - to live in constant wonder and not to close my wondering mind to anything even if it is improbable and unlikely - who knows - some of the unlikely things could be proven one day

and the things that will never be proven? - they are the boggle factor that amuses me and keeps me entertained and seriously its better than being on drugs :D

I bid you to entertain yourself in any way that suits you :D

#27    Robin_Shadowes

Robin_Shadowes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

• I lol therefore I am.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

i agree with you that not everything on earth has been genetically altered by et's

i do happen to believe that our lifespan is really very short. if you compare it to a cat or a dog and take the percentage of time we spend in childhood and also old age - if we spent the same percentage of time being children as cats do then we should be fully sexually mature and having offspring at age 4. I also believe that a decade of being at our best is very short percentage of our lifespan. we also spend way too long being old and less capable as compared to a the percentage of time a cat spends being old and incapacitated

I am not claiming I know the answer - but i am open to theories

In ancient biblical times humans supposedly had lifespans up to a millenium. Most famous is the story of Methusaleh but other biblical personnae also lived for centuries. What do you think about that? Did the Annunaki tamper with our DNA to shorten our spans ten-fold? Perhaps it was inconvenient for them with slaves with such a long lifespan?

#28    Robin_Shadowes

Robin_Shadowes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

• I lol therefore I am.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

View Postsam12six, on 29 January 2011 - 01:02 AM, said:

Haven't observed the life spans of cats (beyond "too long"), so let's use dogs.

A dog is considered a mature adult around 2 and a half years and lives to about 12 in captivity.
A human is considered a mature adult in the early 20's and lives to about 75 years in captivity.

That's about the same percentage in life cycle for physical maturity. Sexual maturity is harder to pin down because a dog that has a handful of tiny babies can deliver them safely at a younger relative age than a human can deliver it's far larger (in relation to the mother) baby.

Even if the maturity cycles were radically different, the rebuttal would be "Those are dogs. Humans are different.".

"In the wild" as in without modern medicine, we lived about 50 years. Biologically, being at our peak means being capable of breeding. A normal human female can deliver a baby safely at about 15 and all the way up to about 45. That's the majority of the normal life spent at our peak.

The fact is at our current 70ish average lifespan, we're one of the longest lived species on the planet on par with animals that should live much longer than us based on gestation and birth rate (like elephants). We're talking land animals, of course.

You're basing your entire premise on a few unverifiable mentions of humans with incredibly long lifespans. Many would call these mentions fiction.

I've read the story of Peter Parker. Do you think aliens tampered with our DNA to eliminate our super strength and agility plus our ability to climb sheer smooth surfaces along with our danger sense?

You seem to be quite happy with our current lifespans but to counter you I can only quote the replicant Roy Batty: "I want more life, ****er!"  :P

#29    megabyte

megabyte

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

View PostRobin_Shadowes, on 30 January 2011 - 09:01 AM, said:

In ancient biblical times humans supposedly had lifespans up to a millenium. Most famous is the story of Methusaleh but other biblical personnae also lived for centuries. What do you think about that? Did the Annunaki tamper with our DNA to shorten our spans ten-fold? Perhaps it was inconvenient for them with slaves with such a long lifespan?

that could be a theory - another theory is that the annunaki's own lifespan diminished too by staying too long on earth and that might be the reason why they stopped being visible in everyday life on earth

I am referring to when the gods were the pharaohs on Egypt - they ruled for number of years each that no humans can live

then they gave kingships to human pharaoh's and their reigns decreased so that they could be within the lifespan of a regular human

http://www.king-tut....hs-timeline.htm

putting aside for a moment that annunaki are unproven, just look at how long they reigned on average in the beginning and then compare that to the number of years they reigned in final years of Egyptian pharaohs

so if aliens did come to earth in the past and if they are still coming to earth and secretly abducting some people, are they here so secretly rather than presenting themselves as our gods because being on earth shortened their lifespan? could it be that lifespan is dictated by a planet's length of orbit round the sun? as in, a year on earth is 365 years long and on Nibiru [if you hypothesise for a second that it might be true] - it takes 3600 earth years to complete a single orbit round the sun

I am fully aware that we have a god area in the brain and that when and if it is electrically stimulated [or during a sub clinical epileptic fit] then we will have an god/alien encounter. In some people this is obviously what happens.

incidentally, if neurologists are finding that the brain has a god area and we can assume that it is useful for aliens to make primitive people believe they are gods and if they genetically manipulated us then they made that area of the brain respond in that way and believe. [how else despite years of being indoctrinated in my religion I dont believe, and others are born again and fundamental and all the other categories of religious beliefs]

#30    jack regan

jack regan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

• We're The Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

View PostOzner, on 28 January 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

TC, If you're interested in things that live a long time, you should check out the immortal jellyfish. After a certain age they revert back to a premature stage, then the cycle starts over again. They only die from being eaten/killed or from diseases.

http://en.wikipedia....opsis_nutricula
hopefully scientists are studying them so they can work out how to make humans live foreverf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users