Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 20 votes

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
1490 replies to this topic

#826    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostSinNomine00, on 21 March 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

I saw him once. I read just about anything I can find about Shadow People/ the Hat Man. My parents were going through a divorce, which eventually didn't end up happening until a few years later. I was ten, but that doesn't mean I didn't know what I saw. I often see Shadow People, and to tell the truth they freak me out. I don't know what makes me this way, but I'm told (don't remember much of it) that I had a near death experience when I was five and spent seven and a half weeks in a coma. Don't know if any of you have had something similar, but that's personally what I think triggered my sightings of these beings. As for the Hat Man, I saw him standing in my front yard. I was on the porch, talking to my dad, when he just walked down my driveway, like he owned it. And I got this really bad feeling and told my dad, but he didn't see him. He thought I was pulling his leg. Then the Hat man just stopped and stared at us until he finally just faded away. It was early in the morning, a bright sunny Florida day like any other. My Grandmother died a few days later, and then my favorite aunt a few days after my grandmother. Then my dad moved out and my life went to hell. The Hat Man is bad luck, and I think he is drawn to tragidy or sadness.

Very sorry to hear about the deaths in your family and thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Maybe the deaths could be coincidence? Maybe this entity owned/lived on the land that you live on long long before you lived there? This is just a theory, but it deserves some thought.

#827    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostThey Exist, on 20 March 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

Me and my brother's girlfriend came over once a day to feed my horses while the rest of my family was in Nola (New Orleans). One night when we came over, the house felt different. We just passed it off, but later on, when we were leaving, we saw this grey shadow figure at the end of the driveway. Keep in mind it was 11:30 at night and there was no moon. We thought it was just one of the neighbors, because as soon as we turned on the truck's headlights, it disappeared. We came back the next night and the house had the same atmosphere. And we saw the same shadow figure, but this time it was right outside. Literally. RIGHT outside. There is a spot between the side of the house and the stairs and it was stnading right inbetween them. It felt VERY threatening. And it followed us to the bridge about 2 miles away from my house. And it almost got inside the house, but one day it followed us over the bridge and stopped. And it went into the RV park right across from the bridge and we haven't seen him since, but we still feel his presence and know that he's there.

This is my Shadow Person experience.

Sounds possibly, in my opinion, that it may live on that land/in that space and probably does not like being disturbed. Luckily you haven't seen it since and hopefully you won't. My heart would have been pumping hard and I would have been running as fast as I could to get away! Luckily you are not being haunted, so that's a good thing. If you experience anything else, please come back and share with us.

#828    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

I found this great website with lots of real stories that people have written in about their experiences with shadows and hatman.

The web link is here:

My link

There is one story where a man claims that he asked a shadow what it wanted and it replied 'we are not here to hurt you, only to observe'. I found this very interesting.

Edited by Sevenof Seven, 04 April 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#829    einfopedia

einfopedia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

yes you are right seven that One of the accounts that someone wrote in about was a young couple out for a walk that came across hatman.

#830    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

View Posteinfopedia, on 05 April 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

yes you are right seven that One of the accounts that someone wrote in about was a young couple out for a walk that came across hatman.

I was not referring to the couple out for a walk personal account, but another personal account found at the link that I posted.

#831    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

View Postcamochick, on 19 January 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

i havent read ALL 52 pgs cause well frankly i have dial up and that would take FOREVER. I have seen the shadow ppl since i was 4. i am turning 18 in a few months. The shadow ppl are tall and slender and travel in groups. mine watch me when i sleep and for the first time today they came to me at school but now they have transformed into body guards. its like there are the bad ones and good ones. i have 2 groups following me. i know the "guards" as i call them are wearing the shadows and underneath are bone. i've been hurt by these shadows before. they've spoken to me also. I see them and hear them when im vulnerable, alone, in the dark (mentally or physically) and mostly when i dont do my monthly saging of my home. i just moved in with my aunt and i did sage my room but she is alergic to sage and i have an open aura so i have several spirits attached to me and cant get rid of them. has anyone found out why the shadow ppl are here? what they want from us? anything commom between anyone who posted on this thread?
-Luv,UrDarkAngel

To answer some of your questions, the answer is that there are answers from years of research and personal experiences by a well-known paranormal researcher. Possibly they are here because they were here before humans, they may be angry or jealous of us because they were here first, they want to scare us or possibly just observe us, they may want to get rid of us so that things can go back to the way things used to be, and what we have in common is we are human and they possibly just don't like us because they were here first. Lots of great information and a book too! If interested you can see information from a professional researcher and paranormal author AT THIS LINK

#832    violetlight

violetlight

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Thank you for that link, it was very interesting stuff. Personally I have not seen a shadow person ever (yet?) but I have had other paranormal experiences. My parents used to see a shadow man at the foot of the bed when they lived in a house when I was first born. The figure would be standing there pointing at them as they woke up to see it. My mom described it as a "grim reaper" type of figure. She felt it was menacing.

I'm really not sure if I ever do want to see one of these things. It's a fascinating subject though, especially when I read that they converse with eachother and travel in groups.

There's so much that is unexplainable and unknown. I want answers! :)

#833    Miranda23

Miranda23

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

I am so glad I found this thread.
I live in an old Victorian house that's been chopped into 4 apartments. I've lived here 13 years, and there has NEVER been any problems until a meth head moved in. This lady was a real mess. then the shadow people started showing up. Usually the Hat man, but once there was a very old man sitting in the chair next to my bed. I also started having very weird and vivid dreams. I was NOT dreaming when I saw the shadow people. My dog also saw them. She didn't act afraid, but she was very aware of him. I never sensed evil  but they have a very strong presence.  The meth head would be gone a LOT. Sometimes weeks, and I always knew when she was back home because the shadow would be in my apartment for awhile, before going back to hers.  The last time she was here, I thought it was odd, because I hadn't seen Ms Meth, but the hat man was back. Turns out she was hiding in the basement, apparently the police were after her, also she and a friend were in the process of setting up a meth lab in the basement. The owner put an end to all the crap. After she left there were no more visits. I stopped having weird dreams, and everything went back to normal.

#834    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostMiranda23, on 01 May 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

I am so glad I found this thread.
I live in an old Victorian house that's been chopped into 4 apartments. I've lived here 13 years, and there has NEVER been any problems until a meth head moved in. This lady was a real mess. then the shadow people started showing up. Usually the Hat man, but once there was a very old man sitting in the chair next to my bed. I also started having very weird and vivid dreams. I was NOT dreaming when I saw the shadow people. My dog also saw them. She didn't act afraid, but she was very aware of him. I never sensed evil  but they have a very strong presence.  The meth head would be gone a LOT. Sometimes weeks, and I always knew when she was back home because the shadow would be in my apartment for awhile, before going back to hers.  The last time she was here, I thought it was odd, because I hadn't seen Ms Meth, but the hat man was back. Turns out she was hiding in the basement, apparently the police were after her, also she and a friend were in the process of setting up a meth lab in the basement. The owner put an end to all the crap. After she left there were no more visits. I stopped having weird dreams, and everything went back to normal.

You know how people say that people who are suffering addiction to drugs are 'fighting their demons'? ... well, it's very interesting, isn't it? Literally fighting demons.

#835    TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Sir Woodyalot

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I've seen some things I would lable as "strange" mostly in my room. Once it felt like someone had sat down at the bottom of my bed but there was no one there. I have since moved to another room and now whenever I go into that room weird things happen. Like the light is always turned on when I know I switched it off. The light bulb keeps getting loosened in two lamps down there and even weirder. I had this radio rigged so it would turn on from the flick of a light switch. One day I went in and flicked the switch...nothing. I went over to the radio and it had been turned off from the radio and switched to a different channel.
No one else goes down there. Things I know I put in one spot have been moved.
I have never seen any hatmen.

#836    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

when i saw them, there were dozens, and they must've known i could see them, because they were trying to hide behind fences and trees..
a girlfriend was with me, she saw them too, at around the same time we started to say to eachother, "hey.. can you see..." but we didn't even bother finishing the question, we both decided that was a good time to go back in the house..

they're solid, you don't see through them

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#837    Apopo

Apopo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

• "Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence."

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

I've seen a white/silvery one before...... very tall. I can't really describe its physical features, but it did have the basic shape of a human, and it quickly disappeared into nowhere. I don't think it did see me though. it was just like walking and it suddenly vanished ;O

I believe these things feed on negative energy.... they're something like humans, but with an evil feel to it (with the exception of the white ones).

"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees"

#838    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,778 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

I just ran across the auther of a book called "shadow people". It's not about paranormal but about meth users... I thought I'd throw it up here for those that are interested.

http://www.amazon.co...edir_mdp_mobile

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#839    Solitaia

Solitaia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

Oh boy, has conversation on the shadow people picked up since the last time I looked!
I'll take my time reading through this thread and catching up...for now, I'll say another hello, and share my 2 year story with my shadow person, who I still see on different occasions, but much more infrequently than this two year time frame.

My shadow person is about 7 feet tall, usually taking the form of a human silhouette. I started seeing him (I have always felt compelled to refer to it as a "he") when I would sit in my living room, out of the corner of my eye. Natural reaction was that I was just mistaking something or another in the room for him, and I'd continue what I was doing. Eventually, however, I would not just see him in the corner of my eye, but full on. He appeared in my bedroom in the basement, once, which I didn't like, and voiced politely. I simply requested he keep any visitations to upstairs, especially when I was in the living room, as I couldn't sleep while knowing I was being watched. It's been five years since then, and he still observes this courtesy and doesn't try to appear in my room or elsewhere in the basement.
I never had any negative vibes, so to speak, from him. I was never afraid, but VERY curious and quite determined to get a better visual (longer - when I managed to see him full on, it was for only 2-5 seconds. It was as though he had forgotten to watch for me looking and was caught unawares, and I always found his reactions amusing. This eventually morphed into a game between us) and eventually, I did.
I posted the full story in your previous Collected Facts About Shadow People thread in 2010. In short, he seemed to grow stronger over time, and grew darker as this happened. He went from a more smoky black, easily blending into shadows on the wall and looking natural, to a very dark, inky black that was out of place in most areas that were reasonably well lit. When I first began seeing him, he struck me as very shy and reclusive, with an overwhelming neutrality. As the first year went on, he became more friendly and seemed to grow as attached to me as I was to him. I had great fun with all the games of peek a boo!
He was pretty much a constant night-time companion to me in the evening when I'd sit and write, or do schoolwork. He'd flit around elsewhere, but would always check in every hour to several hours for a few minutes. This stopped during the second year of sightings, after something caught both his attention as well as my dog's. I had this overwhelming sense of rage from him, but not directed at me, but something else. He was fixating his attention towards the kitchen and dining room doorway. He went flying (morphing into a smoky ball from speed) with the dog joining him, after whatever they saw, and through the patio doors off the dining room. This happened after dinner, around 7-8pm (it was summer, so wasn't dark out yet). Our dog stopped at the door, barking, and she was never the type to bark at nothing. She was generally a very quite pup. I let her outside and followed, looking for anything obvious. She went to the edge of the deck and barked - and I couldn't see anything. There were no animals in sight, no people, no cars on the street...it was just a nice, late summer evening, with the sun beginning to set. Eventually she quieted, but she was pretty upset for an hour or so after this. I didn't see my shadow person again for months. When I did, he seemed to have lost much of the energy he'd gained, as he was back to that smoky-grey, dark, but not that pure inky black he'd had before. He also was back to short sightings every few months, fleeting straight-on glimpses, as though letting me know he was still there, but unable to stay.

Since then, he's been visiting more and more, and even followed me down to Vancouver in 2009 for a vocal workshop at the university. I saw him watching from this little overhang for props above the stage, as well as in the lit hall of the dorms a couple times.

I've never felt anything evil from him, or malevolent, but just that he's as curious about people as we are about him. He's taken up the habit now of saying "hi" to my mom and dad (aka, he's woken dad in the middle of the night by laying a hand on his back. Apparently he recoiled and vanished when dad turned to see what the issue was. He thought I had come to wake him up, but there was nothing there, only this fleeting glimpse of a shadowy figure vanishing) and he's also been revealing himself to any friends who come over frequently enough.

---

So that's my experience in a nutshell. I always feel pretty safe with him around! I've come to believe that what he and my dog chased out of the house was an entity I had encountered twice on the stairs in the house, which had scared the bejeebers out of me. I came to believe this because I haven't had any more encounters with anything on the stairs, and no more negative encounters anywhere within the house.

-Solitaia.

#840    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hello Solitaia and thank you for posting your ecounter. I was going through my bookmarks and I came across another site that gives advice and help with these nuisance shadow things... and you can write in for advice and help. I thought that people might find this helpful. Here is the link http://www.jesusisno...people/id2.html

Don't let the name of the name of the website put you off, it's not bible bashing stuff at all.... and it's worth having a look at if you need help and advice.

Edited by Sevenof Seven, 16 May 2012 - 09:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users