Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 20 votes

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
1429 replies to this topic

#1    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

Hello Everyone, Welcome to my thread about the Hatman and shadow people. I have seen both the hatman and the shadow people. Many times and very clearly and in broad daylight each time. For those of us who have been visited, I am wondering what we have in common. Why are we being selected to have these visitations? Do we have anything in common, or is it just random?

If we can find some common ground, we might be able to figure out what it is that these shadows want from us.

I will start by telling you what I was going through at the time I saw these beings. I was living alone, I was renting a very large Victorian House in London. I was going through a divorce at the time and very emotional. I was crying every day and going over and over my life choices. I felt despair and emotional upheaval as the reason I was renting this house was because I had moved out of my own house.

What were you experiencing at the time in your life when you saw the shadows?

#2    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

whats the hatman?

#3    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:06 AM

vitruvian12, on 04 February 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

whats the hatman?
An extra from an old gangster movie, possibly.  :P  When they start packing Tommy guns, look out !

#4    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

Mystical Bean Chaointe

• 1,201 posts

• My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

whats the hatman?

"The Hat Man’s gear consists of what can be described as him wearing a long-black trench coat, three-piece suit, white collared shirt, and a flat rimmed gaucho hat.  Some have even reported seeing a gold watch hanging on his side on a chain.  Some people describe seeing red eyes, others see solid black eyes if they see any eyes at all under the shadow of his hat."

READ MORE HERE

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

#5    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

Mystical Bean Chaointe

• 1,201 posts

• My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:34 AM

Sevenof Seven, on 04 February 2011 - 09:34 AM, said:

Hello Everyone, Welcome to my thread about the Hatman and shadow people. I have seen both the hatman and the shadow people. Many times and very clearly and in broad daylight each time. For those of us who have been visited, I am wondering what we have in common. Why are we being selected to have these visitations? Do we have anything in common, or is it just random?

If we can find some common ground, we might be able to figure out what it is that these shadows want from us.

I will start by telling you what I was going through at the time I saw these beings. I was living alone, I was renting a very large Victorian House in London. I was going through a divorce at the time and very emotional. I was crying every day and going over and over my life choices. I felt despair and emotional upheaval as the reason I was renting this house was because I had moved out of my own house.

What were you experiencing at the time in your life when you saw the shadows?

I have seen the hat man a few times. Last time it was in broad daylight in someone's yard. I see shadow people alot too. I'm not sure why some people see them a lot but it could be alot of reasons. For example, My friend, Lori, Used to see shadow people all the time and soon after she would see one a friend of hers would die. She lost about 8 friends and then stopped seeing them.

EDIT: I wasn't really experiencing anything tragic or anything that I can think of when I've seen them. They are just there. They haven't caused any harm to me.

Edited by Disembodied Voice, 04 February 2011 - 10:36 AM.

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

#6    Relic Hunter

Relic Hunter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:41 AM

whats the hatman?

I have seen the hatman as well; he is a known ghost/shadow that has been seen under a bridge near a local shops where I grew up
He is a urban legend in canberra

What I and a friend saw was a defined shadow of a man with a top hat and jacket and pants walking! (A english gentle man?) he was so defined my friend and I looked for the man and how the shadow was cast but nothing.

Heaps of people have seen the shadow or a ghost, usually a shadow during the day under the bridge and a ghost at night walking from the street light to the bridge even some people have heard his foot steps

#7    Amberlight

Amberlight

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:58 AM

I have never seen Hat Man, and I am so glad because just the thought of him freaks me out.  I also think the most scary shadowy person / spirit is the "Thin Man." Not much scares me, but images of him freak me out terribly.

I feel badly for those who cannot unsee what has been seen. *shivers*

Edited by Amberlight, 04 February 2011 - 10:59 AM.

Today on my walk I passed by this old lady who was sweetly calling to her cat. She said, “Here Sylvester, here kitty kitty, come here.” But while she said it she was holding this large broom. This made me wonder what she knew about Sylvester that the rest of us didn’t. - Amberlight

#8    Moonshine

Moonshine

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

I do believe there is an old forum about shadow people with loads of information on Shadow people and Hat Man.. Perhaps you should of posted there?
I always saw shadow people when I was child. They don't mean no harm :)

Even a man who is pure of heart
And says his prayers by night
May become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
And the autumn moon is bright.

#9    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:42 AM

Moonshine, on 04 February 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

I do believe there is an old forum about shadow people with loads of information on Shadow people and Hat Man.. Perhaps you should of posted there?
I always saw shadow people when I was child. They don't mean no harm :)

Thank you for your post. I have posted on the old thread. This subject, the topic I am discussing here is specific. I want to know what those of us who have seen the hatman have in common with each other.

Would you please share your experience here? What were you experiencing in your life when you saw the shadows/hatman? Were you in trauma, did the shadows speak to you? How do you know that they mean no harm? What do you think that they wanted from you?

#10    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

Relic Hunter, on 04 February 2011 - 10:41 AM, said:

I have seen the hatman as well; he is a known ghost/shadow that has been seen under a bridge near a local shops where I grew up
He is a urban legend in canberra

What I and a friend saw was a defined shadow of a man with a top hat and jacket and pants walking! (A english gentle man?) he was so defined my friend and I looked for the man and how the shadow was cast but nothing.

Heaps of people have seen the shadow or a ghost, usually a shadow during the day under the bridge and a ghost at night walking from the street light to the bridge even some people have heard his foot steps

What were you going through at the time when you saw him? Were you in a relationship at the time? I'm looking for any common ground that people who see him share.... anything you could add would help.   :)

#11    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

Amberlight, on 04 February 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

I have never seen Hat Man, and I am so glad because just the thought of him freaks me out.  I also think the most scary shadowy person / spirit is the "Thin Man." Not much scares me, but images of him freak me out terribly.

I feel badly for those who cannot unsee what has been seen. *shivers*

Consider yourself lucky Amberlight. I hope that you never do see this thing. The experiences I had will stay with me for my lifetime.

#12    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

Disembodied Voice, on 04 February 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

I have seen the hat man a few times. Last time it was in broad daylight in someone's yard. I see shadow people alot too. I'm not sure why some people see them a lot but it could be alot of reasons. For example, My friend, Lori, Used to see shadow people all the time and soon after she would see one a friend of hers would die. She lost about 8 friends and then stopped seeing them.

EDIT: I wasn't really experiencing anything tragic or anything that I can think of when I've seen them. They are just there. They haven't caused any harm to me.

I am wondering what you and I have in common. We are both female. Do you come from divorced parents? Did you have a fight with someone that day? Were you reviewing your life around that time? Were you about to make a big decision in your life at that time? Do you think that they are harbingers of death? What does your friend have to say about them? *sorry for the barrage of questions*.... anything you can add would help. We must have something in common.... what could it be. I'm thinking that this thing would only appear to people who fit a certain requirement. Otherwise, everyone would see it.

#13    The Paranormal Skeptic

The Paranormal Skeptic

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

you all have wishful thinking, see floaters, over active imagination and remember things in the hypnogogic state.

The only thing worse than a cynic are the close minded believers.

Pork Rhine

Strange Frequencies Radio

#14    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

The Paranormal Skeptic, on 04 February 2011 - 01:34 PM, said:

you all have wishful thinking, see floaters, over active imagination and remember things in the hypnogogic state.
I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself. I did not imagine it.

#15    Chronii

Chronii

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

• Addicted to tea.

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

I have seen one shadow person once (actually it could've been two, but if so, they both looked identical except the size).

I was outside at night, and noticed a huge shadow of a person wearing what looked like a cloak moving across the ground on a field, but the shadow had no source, nothing was casting it. I wasn't scared at all, in fact I was really interested in what this was, so I followed it for a few seconds, but it was ridiculously fast and quickly got away from me.

I went in the direction it was moving when I lost it, because I was really fascinated by this thing and wanted to find it, and eventually I saw it again, but this time it wasn't on the ground, it was floating in midair and was a bit smaller, but other than that it was identical to the one I had seen on the ground. It also looked REALLY weird, I can't explain exactly how, but it just seemed out of place, like it wasn't part of the world, it's like it was there, but at the same time wasn't. It "floated" around in the air for a few seconds, seemingly looking at the various trees and plants (this took place in a forest next to the field where I first saw it), then it suddenly "jumped" sideways ridiculously fast and vanished into thin air.

Also, I don't think it had anything to do with me whatsoever, because it completely ignored me, didn't even look in my direction (although it had no visible face, I could kind of see in what direction it was facing). Whatever it was, it was just minding its own business, and I just happened to witness it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users