Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 20 votes

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
1451 replies to this topic

#1066    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

†

• 3,359 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostSevenof Seven, on 11 February 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

All I can gather so far is that they are attracted to emotional turmoil. Thanks everyone for posting. Keep your stories and experiences coming....

thanks for posting this, I'm so glad I am here and see that other people see or have seen these shadowy creatures - I really love that other people have seen the cats too. I thought it was rare.... What is unique or the same about us? We are special. I think a lot of people go through emotional turmoil and they DONT see these things. I think there is something about our spirit or chooseness with God, or our destiny, or plainly who we are that we can (or for me USED to) see them. That's really gonna be a hard nut to crack but good luck in your searching.

Also, it could be the chemical makeup of our brains, that allows us to see into other dimensions. Or something else....

Edited by SpiritWriter, 12 August 2012 - 05:33 PM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#1067    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 12 August 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

thanks for posting this, I'm so glad I am here and see that other people see or have seen these shadowy creatures - I really love that other people have seen the cats too. I thought it was rare.... What is unique or the same about us? We are special. I think a lot of people go through emotional turmoil and they DONT see these things. I think there is something about our spirit or chooseness with God, or our destiny, or plainly who we are that we can (or for me USED to) see them. That's really gonna be a hard nut to crack but good luck in your searching.

Also, it could be the chemical makeup of our brains, that allows us to see into other dimensions. Or something else....

We are special in some way, but I can not say how or why. Emotional turmoil, physical pain, places of interest, places that are already haunted, neighbours abusing drugs are all circumstances when they show themselves. Are they studying us as we are studying them? Could be.

#1068    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

†

• 3,359 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostSevenof Seven, on 24 August 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

We are special in some way, but I can not say how or why. Emotional turmoil, physical pain, places of interest, places that are already haunted, neighbours abusing drugs are all circumstances when they show themselves. Are they studying us as we are studying them? Could be.

Yes a clear memory I have about seeing the shadow people was at this park in my old neighborhood, at that time it was a very high drug area. I had also heard what I think was a rape, screaming, fighting. slamming around etc with two male voices and one female voice (she was screaming like being hurt) coming out of a garage right across the street from where I saw them. This was not on the same day however... The cats were all over the neighborhood, everywhere I went actually, they used to follow me and my friend. Also, the cats were white and black, not only black. The cats were very small and FAST!

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#1069    The Giraffe

The Giraffe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

Dunno what made me look this up tonight, mainly I think it was due to the fact it cross my mind for some reason,

I am EXTREMELY surprised that other people have experienced this,

My experience was rather quick and simple, but was shocked when my sister talked about it,

telling me about the night my Mum died she recall seeing shadow man in her room, and was more than once prior to that night.

She was just talking out of random conversation, I told her my experience.

You will properly laugh, it was late night, my Wife had gone to to bed to read a book, I decided I will head to bed,

I decided to go loo 1st, so I went in and sat down but left door open.

I was staring at floor doing my business, when something made me look up at door, as I did that a

Shadow walked past the door, no features, just a silhouette of what looked like a Trench coat & the one thing that stood out most...

A hat.... I though naaaaaaaaa I am seeing things, It happen so quick, I thought my wife had walked past door and go to kitchen,

So I went down to kitchen, and nobody there... so went to the bed room & wife was reading a book, I asked her had she walked down hallway,

in which she replied no,

I was oh, okay... but image stuck in my mind, I told her few days later what I saw, she told me, she keeps looking over her shoulders,

like someone is there... it kind of spook me out!

#1070    Subsonicjourno

Subsonicjourno

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 205 posts

• https://www.facebook.com/Unconqueredseries

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

This is a post I made a while ago, but I feel fits into the shadow folk thing. At the time I was going through a hard time.

Hi guys and gals. I'm a bit of a skeptic to the whole ghost thing but lately I've experienced a number of things that I just can't explain. I'll start with the first instance. I was in the bathroom of my tiny one bedroom flat brushing my teeth and my girlfriend was in the living room watching TV. Out of the corner of my eye I see what I can only describe as a human shape run past the doorway. It made no noise and was over in a flash. I first thought what the fudge was that, and asked my girlfriend if she'd gone into the bedroom which is the room next to the bathroom. She replied no but said she saw something move into the room. She too only caught a glimpse of it but described exactly the same thing that i saw. I've seen this happen several times since, always when I'm in the bathroom or in the small kitchen we have. Also, I often work late into the evening and on several occasions my girlfriend has said shes experienced some odd things and felt as though she was being watched whilst I wasn't there.
The other night about 3 in the morning were both woken up by the sound of running water. My girlfreind gets up to have a look and finds both taps are on full blast in the bathroom. Now I'm sure I turned them buggers off as is my girlfriend. Might just be dodgy plumbing but it's never happened before.

The second thing is that today at work I saw something that I cant quite get my head round. Now i've worked at this store for two years now and stories about the warehouse pop up occasionally but i've always dismissed this as nonsense. I've seen things out of the corner of my eye several times but just thought it was other staff members moving about. Well after today i know it wasn't a staff member as there were only 3 of us working and the other 2 were on the shopfloor. I saw what i can only describe as a person walk from one side of the warehouse to the other and vanish through the wall!, It was quite far away and happened very quickly but i know what i saw. There is a fire door at the top end of the warehouse but anyone opening it would immediately set off an alarm.  
So just what did I see my skeptical brain can't quite get round it..

#1071    WannabeSlenderProxy

WannabeSlenderProxy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

• One cannot tell exactly what will happen tomorrow,
    So how can one tell us what "unreal" creatures definitely do or do not exist?

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'm not quite sure what you mean by hatman. Do you maybe, possibly mean a man with a top hat? Because two of my other friends and myself have both seen him, if this is the entity you're speaking of...

I can't imagine living in a world with no mystery...

#1072    Cobalt60

Cobalt60

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• "The Love-Song of J.Alfred Prufrock", by T.S.Eliot

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hatman? Shadowpeople...?...everyday, quite all the time we 'see' other beings who look like people, we just lack the ability to tell 'them' apart.  The movie "A Beautiful Mind" --and an older one ("Nomads")...I saw them at times when it was useful for me... I'll have more to say about this later.  By the way, I'm new...first time owning a 'puter, first time ina chat room, absolute beginner...I'm slow, but I'll speed up.  Later, people. Happy trails.

#1073    trae2012

trae2012

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Hello! I have been experiencing, studying and producing para normal content for the last 15 years and I have learned a few things. What I learned from *Snip*  is that NOTHING CAN EXERT ITSELF into your experience. The vibrations have to match. So your emoptional state allowed you to commune with this entity. I had then same thing happen to me when I was going thru a similar time. Now that I feel better it has never appeared again. I am although moving just because I went thru so much here...  ;)

I am interested to hear your whole story if you would loike to email me... *Snip*

Edited by Karlis, 09 October 2012 - 12:22 PM.
Deleted commercial website, and poster's e-mail

#1074    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

• “Our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations may she always be in the right; but right or wrong, our country!” Stephen Decatur

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Wretched creatures, half man, half beast, who move with the sound of predatory rats, carrying with them the stench of the charnel house. They live deep beneath the earth, in dark tunnels, surfacing in the dead of night and returning before dawn to practice their unspeakable acts......

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.167-8),

#1075    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,968 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

View Posttrae2012, on 30 August 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Hello! I have been experiencing, studying and producing para normal content for the last 15 years and I have learned a few things. What I learned from *Snip* is that NOTHING CAN EXERT ITSELF into your experience. The vibrations have to match. So your emoptional state allowed you to commune with this entity. I had then same thing happen to me when I was going thru a similar time. Now that I feel better it has never appeared again. I am although moving just because I went thru so much here...  ;)

I am interested to hear your whole story if you would loike to email me... *Snip*
That channeling scenario is bunck and a cult using modern metaphysics as a disguise. don't email anyone. There are people on these forums that will offer real advice that you will not have to pay for or buy books to even be in the group.., just saying.. This post is probably spam.

Edited by Karlis, 09 October 2012 - 12:24 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#1076    charliea36

charliea36

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

I myself have experienced the hatperson one time as a kid. I never knew anyone else also experienced it. Till this day my moms remembers cause I woke up at night and saw him standing next to my bed I screamed and then he was gone in a blink of an eYe I doubted myself for years that it was a dream but why would I dream about a man in a black tuxedo with a black hat n white shirt n black cape it also had a black cane similar to what a pimp stick looks like. Top of the stick had a Chrome color to it n the rest was black. Im glad I'm not the only one who experienced this.

#1077    Gard79

Gard79

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Wow this is pretty bizarre... I haven't thought about the Hatman for awhile. If I had realized how many other people have seem him I would have started looking for information a lot sooner.

Anyway, I'll start with a little background history. My family and I have had all had weird occurrences throughout our lives. Every member of my immediate family has either seen or encountered something that couldn't be explained, usually in the presence of another witness. My mother and sister seem a little more in tune to it, but I think this is partially because to a certain extent they embrace it while my father and I try to...ignore it.

Now I've seen Shadows all my life, usually I'll see them everywhere for a week or so and then nothing for a couple of months or even years. I almost always catch them in my peripheral vision, almost like they're trying to stay out of sight, and I've only seen full body "human" Shadows a handful of times (which I'll get to). The shadows I see are rarely larger than a medium sized dog, I see them in broad daylight, inside, outside, wherever. Honestly I never paid them much attention, usually I would catch some movement out of the corner of my eye and just ignore it, attributing it to lack of sleep or whatever. There where a few times it was happening frequently enough to be distracting. I'd be watching tv or trying to read and a shadow would be darting in and out of my field of vision. One particularly annoying one irritated me so much I actually shouted at it to go away and leave me alone, which it actually did. I never felt any sort of fear of them or any kind of malevolence from them, they were just... annoying.

That all changed when I moved in with my now ex-girlfriend. To make a long story short (well, shorter anyway), she had experienced all sorts of paranormal activity growing up and she had a lot of personal issues. She was convinced that "something" was attached to her and for some reason it had taken an interest in me. I kind of laughed it off but quite honestly it made me extremely nervous. My sister has been telling me for years that the "spirits" are attracted to our family and that one has been following her for almost 30 years now.

So I'm living in the house for about 2 months and late one night (I'm also nocturnal) I notice rapid movement out of the corner of my eye, dark color very low to the floor and small like a mouse. Naturally I assumed thats what it was, so I ignored. I saw it a few more times that night and made a mental note to pick up some traps.

This went on for about a week, I'd be alone downstairs and every minute I'd see this shadow darting across the floor, then I'd see it up in the corner near the ceiling or dashing along the wall. At this point I realized I was seeing the Shadows again so I asked my girlfriend if she had seen anything weird. Almost nonchalantly she asked "Oh the Shadow People?" Turns out she had been seeing them for about a month but didn't want to say anything for fear that I would think she was crazy.

I was actually happy that I wasn't the only one seeing them, but unfortunately talking about them just seemed to make the situation worse. Over the next few weeks things got increasingly odd, almost like acknowledging the Shadows existed somehow made them stronger.

Finally one day we were driving past Calverton Cemetery (big National cemetery out here for soldiers) and saw at least 7 or 8 full bodied Shadows keeping pace with us weaving in and out of the trees. It was 1 o'clock in the afternoon in broad daylight and we both saw them, we didn't even have to say anything, but there is no doubt in my mind she was seeing exactly what I was. What happened after that would have erased any doubt I had anyway.

We had stopped to get lunch and my girlfriend was pretty excited. We weren't scared of the Shadows, if anything we were both curious. Neither of us had ever seen so many at once, and I had never seen any that seemed like they wanted to be noticed.

After we had eaten we got back in the car and started heading home. Neither one of us was talking which on it's own was a little strange, and I started getting this feeling of almost overwhelming dread, like when the phone rings at 4 am and you just know someone died. I'm in the passenger seat, we're slowly approaching a red light in the right turning lane, doing maybe 5 mph, when I looked up and noticed my girlfriend is STARING, totally fixated on this old man trying to cross the road. He's just crossing the yellow line and we're about 20 feet away from the intersection and time is just crawling to a stop. I look past my girlfriend to see the old man. He's short maybe 5'5 and thin, wearing a yellow dingy overcoat, a dingy beige trilby hat (kind of a fedora with a smaller brim) pulled low over his eyes and a black and white scarf. I swear to you at this point time is at a standstill. As we're pulling up to where he's crossing it was almost as if he teleported next to the car, my girlfriends head is turning to watch him and I can see her hands and arms visibly shaking. I look behind at him as we pass and he's RIGHT THERE, hand against the back drivers side window, he's wearing a heavy gold watch on his right wrist and some kind of heavy ring with a green stone. And then I see his face... There's nothing there except for a wide smile full of square teeth and little black eyes, like two tiny onyx marbles, just floating against the blackest depths of nothing. It almost looked at if his face had caved in leaving a huge cavernous hole I actually yell to my girlfriend "WTF IS WRONG WITH HIM? WTF?" but she doesn't even hear me at this point. She's just saying over and over "I see it! I'm going! I see it!" and she runs the red light.

Now this wasn't a Shadow, he looked like any other old man trying to cross the street, at least he did to me until he was right next to the car. But I KNOW whatever was under that hat and jacket was not human. I also know that whatever it was, it wanted us to see it, and it wanted us to be afraid. Almost like it was getting off on our fear.

After that we never even spoke about it, the whole event couldn't have lasted more than 30 seconds but I can still see him perfectly in my mind. I had even drawn a picture of him which for the life of me I can't find now. For awhile I thought I actually just imagined it, that he was just some grungy homeless dude or something. That was 5 years ago now, and honestly I hadn't even thought about it until yesterday. I was driving thru the same intersection for the 1st time since it happened and it all came back to me. I came home and Googled "Creepy old man in a hat" not expecting to find anything, and instead I find this website and hundreds of other people claiming to have seen something uncomfortably similar.

Honestly I'd kind of like to forget the whole thing again, I haven't seen anything since I blocked it out and I'm kind of worried that thinking about it is going to start it all up again.

#1078    Gadamlu

Gadamlu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• Blessed be my friends, and allies. but woe unto the poor fools that be mine enemy

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

well, i seem to have found, EXACTY what ive been looking for...a treasure trove of knowledge, 70+ pages on the Hat man, and i cant help but wonder, what i am getting myself into now...

abyway, i myself, have had no experiences with the hat man. however, while browsing the \x\ (paranormal) bord of 4chan.org, i came across a thread, about "shadowpeople" i read thru it, looking for interesting storys, but i came across a mention of "the hat man" in doing a quick google search, i found...it is basicaly the same thing as the grey man, in LSD: dream emulator. a game i have been researching since finding a creepy pasta story on the game (screencap and link to story below, story may be a tad graphic)

http://creepypasta.w..._Dream_Emulator

Posted Image

this grey man, as you see, is near identical in apperence with the Hat man, but also...with how they act, causing horrible, horrible nightmares, and other things as stated in the first 8 pages of this thread, which match up with what the "grey man" has done in other "creepypastas" about the LSD: dream emulator game.  why i have such an interest in folowing the lore of this game, i dont know, but it has eventualy led me here, what would you all say about this?

Edited by Gadamlu, 09 September 2012 - 12:54 AM.

#1079    GunnarTheWeird

GunnarTheWeird

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

I have seen a skeleton in a red 20's-30's zuite(zoot, depends on where you are from) suite, he had red and green glowing eyes... I saw it in a dream when I was a kid,

#1080    Fearthecuteone

Fearthecuteone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

I have recently had an encounter with this "hatman" for the first time in my life. Of course, nobody believes me. I agree, I think he is attracted to emotional turmoil. I had my experience while I was sleeping, I was awoken out of a deep sleep when I seen him standing there just looking at me. Although I did not see any eyes, it was more of like a shadow sillhouette of him. He never said anything to me, did not try to approach me.. in fact, I got up and approached him because I thought I was seeing things and when I did, I guess it was as if my sudden action had left him in questions because he vanished. I felt confused and thought I was seeing things to be honest, I even laid back down with my eyes wide open questioning my own sanity! I have always had the odd experience with the paranormal since I was a small child. All the people who don't believe in such things are of one or two types: the people who have never had an experience or the people who have had a terrifying one that they refuse to believe it actually happened. I have even had EVPs, photos (unedited) of demon like skeletons in cloaks in old music buildings on the University of Tennessee's campus. As for me, I have always been very intuitive and it only increases with my age and maturity levels. I have nailed 4 out of 6 numbers on lottery tickets on more than one occasion, I have avoided speeding tickets my whole life because I can always "sense" when something doesn't quite feel right. I have even began to notice I can pick up on what people are thinking (yeah, make fun, but it's one of those don't knock it until you try it deals ;) ). I don't even know how or why because to be honest, I would rather not have the ability to pick up on so much. And to be clear, it's not anything like Edward from Twilight where you can read every word, but it's more of an awareness of their emotions and being able to determine what their thoughts are than anything else. You can "sense" those kinds of things, and I say "sense" because they're random, unclear and you cannot control them. It is why I don't believe in physics unless they are able to tell me something very personal without having to ask me a lot of questions before, and I've never met someone who could do that.... yet. I think that people who are visited by the paranormal do get visitations for a reason, whether it be from their emotional state or something completely different- who knows. But what I do think is clear is that with so many accounts from people all over the world, there must be something more at work here than the average schmo can comprehend. Thanks for reading! Even if you don't believe me, think me weird, or etc. =)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users