Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 22 votes

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
1576 replies to this topic

#1261    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 23 June 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

I didn't read your full story.

He never posted his full story. He just posts a link to his book that he himself says is a fiction. Self-promotion or not, I'm not sure. When asked why the fiction he says the usual : "fiction speaks the truth...".

#1262    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 23 June 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

Ah, so you post with two user names. :) Your theory might be correct, but it could be that they aren't the same beings, just part of the same type of phenomenon. It's like how someone might see both Bigfoot and Yeti during the course of their life. Of course, the proximity of the shadow beings makes the experience seem more immediate. You might be correct about a single source from which they spring. On the other hand, there may be no relationships between the beings except for how dark and strange they are. They might be from alternative realities if they exist at all. I didn't read your full story, so I realize my theories might not apply to your own situation, which some might say is caused by normal factors that are interpreted in a weird way by the five senses.

No. I just used the word concurrently, after the other guy used that word, without really thinking of the meaning of the word at the time. They either use archetypal imagery, or the archetype is based on how they are and have been through the centuries. Look up Baba Yaga and you will see Lady evil etc. We all use theories to make sense of what occurs and then when theories overlap you might be on to something...the word paranormal exists because these are not normal factors most people deal with in day to day life.

This is getting shilly - Math

#1263    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postrigby941, on 21 June 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

Hi.  :)

I'm "new" to this site - but saw this thread and I had to reply...

I didn't even know "he" was called a "hat man" until I came upon that term around 2 days ago...  I about crapped myself, to be honest!, when I saw a drawing/description of him...  it was SO accurate as to what I saw...  he LET me see him before he "de-materialized" and FLEW SO FAST to the other side of the living room, to the wall/window around 15 feet away from him.  This happened twice - almost back to back, the same night/early morning, around 2:30am, or so...

I've seen "my" hat man twice - same figure - tall man (at least 7 feet tall, I'd say), opaque black, not able to see ANY facial/body features, but he had on what looked kind of like a cowboy hat and a LONG trenchcoat...

Nobody else at my house (except for myself and my dog) have ever sensed him or seen him...

I saw him a few years back (I believe it was a few years max. - can't remember exactly when it was), haven't SEEN him since that, but I "feel" he's for sure still with me (not ALL the time, but I get a completely different "body feel" when I sense him, or anything else paranormal)...  when I saw him - I believe the atmosphere at my house was NOT good.  He seemed/felt like pure evil to me...  I'm a stay at home Mom to a 4 year old daughter w/ special needs - and I was VERY stressed out and overwhelmed feeling, when I saw him... he seems to share his "being there" w/ me when I'm really stressed, when I really think about it...

If any of this info helps anyone....

I'm Athiest...
I'll be 34 this November...
I'm a spiritual person, just not religious...
I've just started to learn about meditating and opening your third eye - VERY interesting stuff - can't wait to learn more about meditation...
I'm "bi-polar" but on meds for it...

-Elizabeth  :)

I will say just be aware and see if this kind of thing infringes on your meditations. Meditation should be a safe personal place you know and return to, so if that changes then I would be concerned. For me, even when all hell broke loose, I could still meditate on a regular basis--for the most part-- no matter what was going on, and the meditation can improve over time with the results of experience. [there is some intrinsic danger though, and even the strictly Zen practitioners have warnings]

#1264    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostFarmer77, on 23 June 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

The old lady was next to and leaning over my bed rocking back and forth while the hatman stood in my doorway. Id be lying if I said I remembered exact details (20ish years ago) but I've always felt they were interacting in some manner.

Thats funny BTW.

Could your experience have been caused by sleep paralysis? I had an experience that involved all of my senses, and two perceived beings were involved. I seemingly was strangled and suffocated by one of them. The other one seemed to be the "good cop" in the scenario.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#1265    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

View PostXingWi, on 23 June 2013 - 06:37 AM, said:

He never posted his full story. He just posts a link to his book that he himself says is a fiction. Self-promotion or not, I'm not sure. When asked why the fiction he says the usual : "fiction speaks the truth...".

Thanks for the information. I'll put the cryptic statement in the "what is the sound of one hand clapping?" category.

#1266    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 23 June 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

No. I just used the word concurrently, after the other guy used that word, without really thinking of the meaning of the word at the time. They either use archetypal imagery, or the archetype is based on how they are and have been through the centuries. Look up Baba Yaga and you will see Lady evil etc. We all use theories to make sense of what occurs and then when theories overlap you might be on to something...the word paranormal exists because these are not normal factors most people deal with in day to day life.

I also believe in the paranormal, but I think that many ostensibly paranormal events turn out to be normal ones. They have prosaic origins. It's just a matter of separating the magic and mysterious wheat from the mundane chaff. It's separating the shadow beings from the scary nightmares.

#1267    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 24 June 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

Thanks for the information. I'll put the cryptic statement in the "what is the sound of one hand clapping?" category.

"Cryptic" is not necessarily fiction. File that anywhere you want.

#1268    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,838 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

Thread cleaned

XingWi and MarkPrice - it might be better to take any personal disagreements to PMs.

#1269    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 24 June 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

"Cryptic" is not necessarily fiction. File that anywhere you want.

I know that. Project much?

#1270    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 25 June 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

I know that. Project much?

always, looks like I'm done here. enjoy your theories.

#1271    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:19 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 25 June 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

always, looks like I'm done here. enjoy your theories.

I usually do. Say goodbye to Chip for me.

#1272    strangelifestrangeguy

strangelifestrangeguy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Around this time last year I saw the hat man. I saw him twice, once was very close to me within 3 feet. I was in a car and he passed just outside the door, these entities are incredibly fast. Has anyone been seeing them lately? I didn't know what it was called until just know that someone describe it to me on twitter. I don't think they like me very much.

#1273    The Exodia

The Exodia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• Life goes on.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

i am sure they dont wanna be human lol.

#1274    The Exodia

The Exodia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• Life goes on.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

i just love reading. :/

#1275    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

View Poststrangelifestrangeguy, on 12 July 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

Around this time last year I saw the hat man. I saw him twice, once was very close to me within 3 feet. I was in a car and he passed just outside the door, these entities are incredibly fast. Has anyone been seeing them lately? I didn't know what it was called until just know that someone describe it to me on twitter. I don't think they like me very much.

Hello, would you please describe your experience in more detail? ... were you the driver of the car, where were you travelling from and to, what road were you travelling on and where on the road were you, what time of day, who was in the car, were you the driver or the passenger, and any other details you can remember.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users