Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 22 votes

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
1576 replies to this topic

#1276    Abdul Ghani

Abdul Ghani

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

I only remember seeing the hat man in dreams as a child. I would sense him in the house so I would run up the stairs. I could feel him moving quickly around the house looking for me as I would start to panic. He would always catch up to me on the stairs and I wouldn't be able to move. I remember that he was a rather short man and somewhat rotund in that vest and cape. The hat was wide brimmed and he was wearing a scarf over his face so I couldn't see it.

As I got older I stopped having those nightmares and honestly thought I got the image in my mind from McDonalds Hamburglar Mascot who terrified me as a child. I didn't care much for Grimace either. Very weird creatures to introduce to children if you ask me.Posted ImagePosted Image

#1277    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

It is interestsing to talk about imagery and what the large hat represents or what the purpose of it could be. I had forgotten the hamburglar's outfit and his large hat as it was such a long time ago. Shame about his tie that is hanging on the ground and his 1950's saddle shoes. Everyone knows that polka dots and stripes do not go together. LOL. Colourful cartoon characters to sell their products but interesting topic of imagery in relation to the hat that is part of a disguise, to hide identity and to deceive.

#1278    Abdul Ghani

Abdul Ghani

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

I also suffer from sleep paralysis and that's when I have seen shadow people. They are no where near as frightening as the hat man. Most of the time, they know when I can see them and they try to hide. The good thing about sleep paralysis is that it is much easier to roll out of your body and then enter the phase.

#1279    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Because Seven was talking about fashion: (explanation in the intro then Hicks on hatman(devil) influences pop culture, religion, politics etc., you get the picture/archetype):

Posted Image

This is getting shilly - Math

#1280    dalid

dalid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Me and my brother saw a hatman or whatever is his name.

He was all black, he had hat and long coat, we couldn't see the coat or hat but the shapes where telling enough. We couldn't see his face, or the strangest thing was that he didn't had any feet. He was floating, face was black and the vibe he spread was awful.

I just wrote around 2000 word long post on this forum to tell my story and text just disappeared, it went to another web page and I didn't save it.

This was strange....

So I just wanted to quickly write this for all of you to know.

English is not my native language, I'm coming from Bosnia and I'm a hard core skeptic but I saw hatman and I don't know why...

Edited by dalid, 08 October 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#1281    nickatnight

nickatnight

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:22 AM

Hi.

I must admit that I am very still very frieghtenedl from the thing that visited me.  I welcome your comments on my story below.

It was a hot night 2 years ago in June.  I couldn't get comfortable lying in my bed with my wife and our dog Sweet Pea.  The ceiling fan was blowing air at the foot of the bed so I decided to switch ends and put my head closer to the fan.  I feel right to sleep.  But suddenly I was awakened by the creature.  It had one of its hands under my back and was lifting my torso off the bed.  I could not move and when I tried to speak to warn my wife I could only force a wisper, but my wife could not hear me as she remained asleep.  Sweet Peas had moved with me and laid between my wife and I.  My head was turned away from the the thing and I saw Sweet Peas head rise and stand moving toward the thing that grasp my back smelling the air.  I could see my wife sleeping soundly as I forced with all my might to turn and look at the creature that had a hold on me.  Sweet Pea drew closer to it  as I tuned my head.

Looking up at the thing it had a hood and a cloak. Its faced was hidden behind a dark black mesh.  It wore what looked like a tunic with the sides slit open and held on with a wide black belt.  It was tall and seemed to move slowly.  When it bent over and looked me straight in the face I could see nothing through the mesh.  It tuned my head by moving my chin toward it.  I suddenly could see this bright golden light coming out of the slits of the tunic.  It was beautiful!  Floating in the light were things that reminded me of DNA strands, like they were floating in water.  As I lay there in amazement still not able to speak it began hitting my chest like it was trying to open my chest up.  Sweet Pea began to growel and my wife began to stur.  I was able to turn my head up just a bit as it was poking at my chest, looking in the mirror behind it I could see its back in the mirror.  I began to fight the paralysis and felt like I was about to get free when I saw my wifes eyes open.  At the same time it saw my wifes eyes too. Suddenly and as quick as I have seen anything move it turned towards the end of the bed raised its boot and was gone ina flash.

Thanks,
Nick.

#1282    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostApopo, on 10 May 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

I've seen a white/silvery one before...... very tall. I can't really describe its physical features, but it did have the basic shape of a human, and it quickly disappeared into nowhere. I don't think it did see me though. it was just like walking and it suddenly vanished ;O

I believe these things feed on negative energy.... they're something like humans, but with an evil feel to it (with the exception of the white ones).

Has anyone else seen a white shadow person/white djinn ? If so please post.

#1283    Euryleia

Euryleia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

• In every tale and legend, there is a little bit of truth...

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

If the Hatman legend is true, then many of us in the world are being visited by the Hatman. He comes during sleep, especially during sunset. Many people reported experiencing sleep paralysis and horrible nightmares in a paranormal sense, while sleeping during the hour of sunset. I've personally experienced multiple times since when I was a kid all the way to adulthood. When these nightmares occurred in my sleep during sunset, these nightmares bring with them sleep paralysis. In many cases, including mine, people reported realizing that it was just a nightmare so they opened their eyes but they cannot move, still paralyzed, not from fear but from whatever that cause it and then they feel a pressure on their chest, putting them in the final sleep phase before waking up normal again.

The Hatman goes by multiple names in other countries.. Spain, Morocco and Asia and he's usually described to be wearing a long hat. That when he sits on top of sleeping people and removes his hat, the victim starts to suffer from sleep paralysis.

Posted Image

"I heard singing before but...there's nobody here..."
Interest: Folklore, Paranormal.

#1284    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,094 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

View PostEuryleia, on 16 December 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

If the Hatman legend is true, then many of us in the world are being visited by the Hatman. He comes during sleep, especially during sunset. Many people reported experiencing sleep paralysis and horrible nightmares in a paranormal sense, while sleeping during the hour of sunset. I've personally experienced multiple times since when I was a kid all the way to adulthood. When these nightmares occurred in my sleep during sunset, these nightmares bring with them sleep paralysis. In many cases, including mine, people reported realizing that it was just a nightmare so they opened their eyes but they cannot move, still paralyzed, not from fear but from whatever that cause it and then they feel a pressure on their chest, putting them in the final sleep phase before waking up normal again.

The Hatman goes by multiple names in other countries.. Spain, Morocco and Asia and he's usually described to be wearing a long hat. That when he sits on top of sleeping people and removes his hat, the victim starts to suffer from sleep paralysis.

The Hatman, As stated here and on many threads on many forums is an idea. An online fad over a concept people refuse to accept.

You kept saying sleep paralysis but in a way that i think you do not fully understand. You thinking sleep and being paralyised by an unknown entity, well here what it really is.

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which people, either when falling asleep or wakening, temporarily experience an inability to move. More formally, it is a transition state between wakefulness and rest characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It can occur at sleep onset or upon awakening, and it is often associated with terrifying visions (e.g. an intruder in the room), to which one is unable to react due to paralysis. It is believed a result of disrupted REM sleep, which is normally characterized by complete muscle atonia that prevents individuals from acting out their dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation. When linked to another disorder, sleep paralysis commonly occurs in association with the neurological sleep disorder narcolepsy.

Translation: Sleep paralysis is caused from weird sleeping behavior, eating food late, stress, paranoria, some medication side effects and psyscholgical disorder. Sleep paralysis is NOT caused by the hatman or any other creature, that is backwards thinking.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#1285    Euryleia

Euryleia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 16 December 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

The Hatman, As stated here and on many threads on many forums is an idea. An online fad over a concept people refuse to accept.

You kept saying sleep paralysis but in a way that i think you do not fully understand. You thinking sleep and being paralyised by an unknown entity, well here what it really is.

Translation: Sleep paralysis is caused from weird sleeping behavior, eating food late, stress, paranoria, some medication side effects and psyscholgical disorder. Sleep paralysis is NOT caused by the hatman or any other creature, that is backwards thinking.

I wasn't saying that sleep paralysis is mainly caused by this Hatman in general but what I've said if (since I wasn't clear enough) is that the presence of the Hatman could explain why certain people have nightmares during  sleep paralysis (physical/psychological symptom) and that this Demonic presence puts the human being in a paralyzed state during sleep. That is, if the Hatman does actually exist.

And no, the Hatman is not an 'online fad'. This creature being talked about in places where people have no access to the internet, not did they in the past.

Science has a word in this, but so those the spiritual world. I'm not saying your wrong. Sleep paralysis is exactly what you described. But... keep in mind that while certain paranormal myths are not real, you have science on the other hand, armed with a closed-minded refusal to accept what it cannot comprehend.

Edited by Euryleia, 16 December 2013 - 04:54 AM.

Posted Image

#1286    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,094 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:59 AM

View PostEuryleia, on 16 December 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

I wasn't saying that sleep paralysis is mainly caused by this Hatman in general but what I've said if (since I wasn't clear enough) is that the presence of the Hatman could explain why certain people have nightmares during  sleep paralysis (physical/psychological symptom) and that this Demonic presence puts the human being in a paralyzed state during sleep. That is, if the Hatman does actually exist.

And no, the Hatman is not an 'online fad'. This creature being talked about in places where people have no access to the internet, not did they in the past.

Science has a word in this, but so those the spiritual world. I'm not saying your wrong. Sleep paralysis is exactly what you described. But... keep in mind that while certain paranormal myths are not real, you have science on the other hand, armed with a closed-minded refusal to accept what it cannot comprehend.

There is no strong documentation of this PRIOR to the internet going live, It's Just like slenderman.

keep in mind that while certain paranormal myths are not real, you have science on the other hand, armed with a closed-minded refusal to accept what it cannot comprehend.

Posted Image

Edited by Brian Topp, 16 December 2013 - 05:00 AM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#1287    Euryleia

Euryleia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 16 December 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

There is no strong documentation of this PRIOR to the internet going live, It's Just like slenderman.

Posted Image

Haha. You might be wrong about this one. I've experienced sleep paralysis, accompanied with nightmares and half-asleep half-awake apparitions of a spiritual presence on my chest as a child and during my teenage years. Last one of such occurred in 2007, on a tuesday evening in January. The reason to why I am saying that it's not an internet fad is because I've been told of the Hatman by my Grandmother in the 1990s. In where I hail from, we give him another name but has the same description most people speak about today 'online'.

Edited by Euryleia, 16 December 2013 - 05:59 AM.

Posted Image

#1288    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,094 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostEuryleia, on 16 December 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

Haha. You might be wrong about this one. I've experienced sleep paralysis, accompanied with nightmares and half-asleep half-awake apparitions of a spiritual presence on my chest as a child and during my teenage years. Last one of such occurred in 2007, on a tuesday evening in January. The reason to why I am saying that it's not an internet fad is because I've been told of the Hatman by my Grandmother in the 1990s. In where I hail from, we give him another name but has the same description most people speak about today 'online'.
you are throwing out a lot of claims and lack any research to back these claims while twisting sleep paralysis, a medical explanation, as if it is caused by the entity.

#1289    Euryleia

Euryleia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 16 December 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

you are throwing out a lot of claims and lack any research to back these claims while twisting sleep paralysis, a medical explanation, as if it is caused by the entity.

And if I should remind you again, sleep paralysis has a medical explanation but in the presence of entities, human beings can be affected by symptoms no medical explanation can explain. Science opposes paranormal and no matter what you say, they have no say or place in this domain. Period.

Posted Image

#1290    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,094 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostEuryleia, on 16 December 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

And if I should remind you again, sleep paralysis has a medical explanation but in the presence of entities, human beings can be affected by symptoms no medical explanation can explain. Science opposes paranormal and no matter what you say, they have no say or place in this domain. Period.

I can say you skim read every ones posts by blind sighted reponses . The fact you necropost (It means post on long dead posts) and talk about nothing that is ground breaking or even original doesn't make you sound wise and sage. There is no evidence of your claims, you just spout theories and treat them as fact.

Science disproves paranormal by the fact they use tests by doing research and examination. Did you know people thought orbs in photos were really energy but has been proven that it is because the camera's flash is too close to the lens and causes dust particles to show in the photos?

If we lived by your fantasy, inoccent people with conditions like scizophrenia and other physcological issues would be blamed to be possessed by demons or satan. There also be no medical cures because you be using wicca and other magical cures that are weak to not even strong to cure that person.

The fact is you do not even read WHAT the "Science" has done, shows how ignorant you are. If you want to be open minded (such as you preach to me), you need to read both sides and get off your high horse because it isn't working here.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users