Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 20 votes

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
1448 replies to this topic

#1306    Murlin54

Murlin54

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

haha, the caps thing was just a joke. I was being facetious, That is the problem with posting, People can't get when your joking or being serious. I agree that I am also at this point only interested in the hat man, and not in all the other stories so I am slogging through a lot of this thread. Not that I have a problem with other posters and their experiences, it is just not why I came to this site. I came to the site because I keep going back in my mind to the hat man. I did not call what I experienced the hat man. I only refer to it after having read stories that seem to have a commonality with my experience.  My point with the all caps: QUIT STEALING etc. was just to point out the fact that isn't it a bit ridiculous to read that someone else can describe the EXACT thing you experienced as a child. Doesn't that make you stop and go HMMMM?

btw, did you read my first post re: my experience. No red eyes, no sense of evil. Just a tall dark man in a cowboy looking hat, staring down at me. I remember it very clearly though most of my childhood at that age is now just random bits and pieces. I remember squinting at it so that hopefully it would not realize that I was looking back at it. I keep reading all these other version about fedora's and Lincoln like top hats. Not my experience. I am a genealogist. If I google a one of my ancestors, Zacharie Cloutier, there is a drawing and the hat is of the same look. As a child I thought cowboy hat but could be more like the hat Zorro wore (gaucho?) or the hat you sometimes see on Pilgrims (also my ancestors). Not the tall hat with the buckle but the wider brimmed hat like the drawing of Zacharie Cloutier. I am just fascinated in this one version of the hat man because it it what I experienced and I find it uncanny to read that a few people report the same version of their experience. It's not like they copied it off me because I hadn't spread my story around in any way before having started to read stories of such amazing likeness to mine. Granted those similar stories are few and far between that match up with mine, but they are there nonetheless.

btw again, never heard of the Slenderman or the Strongman until now. Only ever heard of shadow people when I started watching The Ghost Hunters. Still didn't really relate that to my experience, as I didn't consider it a shadow. It appeared solid and real, not like a shadow.

Edited by Murlin54, 24 January 2014 - 09:23 PM.

#1307    Roccafella

Roccafella

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• Life is an journey, the obstacles that it brings and challenges you faces. Helps to sculp and mold you creating an bringing fort an, Warrior ...

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

U kno datz good u asked dat because I use 2 x my self dat alot and I read up on different kinds of things tryn 2 find out duh ansr 2 wut makes me so special dat an dark entity r aliens finds interest in me an duh ansr I came up wit was ever since I was a child I've always had dis wide spread gigantic imagination like I am dis great king r im dis great warrior r sum type of defender of good r evil wit my own rules , so do u c duh difference I do not believe in impossibility but possibility of unlimited proportion is wut I believe , so dat tells different kinds of beings good r evil , I  can not b controlled and datz wut dair interested in , for example in order for me to build an army of great travelers I wud need great minds , minds dat does not have limitations to dair beliefs just like me but one wudnt b enough I need many like me ...

#1308    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,906 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:14 AM

View PostRoccafella, on 26 January 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

U kno datz good u asked dat because I use 2 x my self dat alot and I read up on different kinds of things tryn 2 find out duh ansr 2 wut makes me so special dat an dark entity r aliens finds interest in me an duh ansr I came up wit was ever since I was a child I've always had dis wide spread gigantic imagination like I am dis great king r im dis great warrior r sum type of defender of good r evil wit my own rules , so do u c duh difference I do not believe in impossibility but possibility of unlimited proportion is wut I believe , so dat tells different kinds of beings good r evil , I  can not b controlled and datz wut dair interested in , for example in order for me to build an army of great travelers I wud need great minds , minds dat does not have limitations to dair beliefs just like me but one wudnt b enough I need many like me ...
Wat?

Seriously dude, like previously posts where you were asked to break it down into sentences and paragraphs, you can't expect people to make sense of this word salad if you haven't made an attempt to present it in a sensible intelligilible fashion written using words that people are used to the spelling of.

"U know datz good u asked dat because I used 2 x my self dat alot...." is gibberish to anyone expecting a post written in plain intelligible English.

Edited by JesseCuster, 28 January 2014 - 03:17 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#1309    Roccafella

Roccafella

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• Life is an journey, the obstacles that it brings and challenges you faces. Helps to sculp and mold you creating an bringing fort an, Warrior ...

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

View PostRoccafella, on 26 January 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

hey it takes some time for me to get use to ok . I'm always texting and trying not to make texts long , so other than a word , I just shorting it up, but be more down to earth and opened minded , not so programed to one way of thinking , it does not take an rocket scientist to understand my short text, but you be cool , and keep trying to get your likes on your comments ok, thankzzz ...

Edited by Roccafella, 29 January 2014 - 12:32 AM.

#1310    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adaptable

• 4,711 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:37 AM

Don't worry i shall endeavor to translate to our more traditional literate friends

Rocafella wishes to say the following:

He is appreciative of the question being asked, as it was not long ago he asked himself many similar questions and went looking into some reading to gain knowledge of the subject.  Hoping to discern what it was that drew these visitors to him.  His hypothesis is that he has always had a very powerful imagination, being able to create worlds for him to play in as a child.  He feels that this limitless imagination of his makes him seem uncontrollable to these beings, possibly because they have interest in open minds like his to join them in their intergalactic travels.

Stop being frightened. You only see a monster because they want you to see monsters everywhere. They've conditioned you to look for monsters in every shadow, every coat hung on every door. As long as we keep seeing monsters, we'll continue to need protection and that's how other people get to control our lives.

#1311    Murlin54

Murlin54

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

View PostKelevra, on 29 January 2014 - 01:37 AM, said:

Don't worry i shall endeavor to translate to our more traditional literate friends

Rocafella wishes to say the following:

Thank you Kelevra. I got most of Roccafella's post but I didn't quite get the first sentence. The x threw me (= ask). So Roccafella thinks maybe the hat man is looking for recruits? That's interesting.

#1312    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adaptable

• 4,711 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

Honestly I found it to be one of the more interesting theories

All due respect but i personally dont believe in it.  But it seems like a good basis for a piece of fiction at the very least

Stop being frightened. You only see a monster because they want you to see monsters everywhere. They've conditioned you to look for monsters in every shadow, every coat hung on every door. As long as we keep seeing monsters, we'll continue to need protection and that's how other people get to control our lives.

#1313    Roccafella

Roccafella

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

I don't believe that other beings are trying to scare you, know that's not what I agree with from my experience with other beings . I think that if I was some creature, that people did not understand or believe exist , my intentions can be a verity of things like trying to convince you that what we thought of on a  (imaginary) level can be an reality . When I was a little boy I use to tell my self how could this be reall, so reall and so unbelievable , that to this  very moment in my life I still believe that if you've never had an experience on that level than you are (blessed) because you lacks the experience of witnessing the, paranormal , dimensional, extra dimensional , or supernatural beings .   (Unbelievable) ...

Edited by Roccafella, 29 January 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#1314    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adaptable

• 4,711 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

well, speaking in hypotheticals thats as solid some reason as Ive heard, that these supreme beings would be interested in lifting us up.

All i can say is Ive experienced nothing to cause me to believe in it

#1315    Murlin54

Murlin54

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

I'm starting to wonder if the hat man could be a case of morphic resonance if in fact such a thing exists. In my opinion the arguments for it are quite valid, even though the scientific community at large reject Rupert Sheldrake and his theories. He is a brilliant man. I will get his book next when I finish the rather large book I am now reading called: Is there an Afterlife: A comprehensive overview of the evidence".  Sheldrake's book that I'm referring to is "Morphic Resonance: The Nature of Formative Causation. Here is the Amazon.com description of the book: "New updated and expanded edition of the groundbreaking book that ignited a firestorm in the scientific world with its radical approach to evolution

• Explains how past forms and behaviors of organisms determine those of similar organisms in the present through morphic resonance

• Reveals the nonmaterial connections that allow direct communication across time and space

When A New Science of Life was first published the British journal Nature called it “the best candidate for burning there has been for many years.” The book called into question the prevailing mechanistic theory of life when its author, Rupert Sheldrake, a former research fellow of the Royal Society, proposed that morphogenetic fields are responsible for the characteristic form and organization of systems in biology, chemistry, and physics--and that they have measurable physical effects. Using his theory of morphic resonance, Sheldrake was able to reinterpret the regularities of nature as being more like habits than immutable laws, offering a new understanding of life and consciousness.

In the years since its first publication, Sheldrake has continued his research to demonstrate that the past forms and behavior of organisms influence present organisms through direct immaterial connections across time and space. This can explain why new chemicals become easier to crystallize all over the world the more often their crystals have already formed, and why when laboratory rats have learned how to navigate a maze in one place, rats elsewhere appear to learn it more easily. With more than two decades of new research and data, Rupert Sheldrake makes an even stronger case for the validity of the theory of formative causation that can radically transform how we see our world and our future."

Maybe the worldwide tendency of people to see the hat man is related to this theory proposed by Sheldrake. It may also be an image that is embedded in our subconscious memory from some past connection. Who knows, maybe it's where the legend of sand man or even boogie man came from.

Edited by Murlin54, 30 January 2014 - 03:48 AM.

#1316    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adaptable

• 4,711 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

So, a man published a book is rejected by science at large, but this theory, if its correct could explain, something that maybe exists

Thats alot of ifs and what have you

#1317    Roccafella

Roccafella

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

Why dont you say? I want to see an ghost or alien and I can guarantee you will see something unbelievably out of the ordinary . B4 dis year over wit ...

#1318    Murlin54

Murlin54

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostKelevra, on 30 January 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

So, a man published a book is rejected by science at large, but this theory, if its correct could explain, something that maybe exists

Thats alot of ifs and what have you

Well, the problem with science at large is they are a bunch of materialist reductionist naysayers and don't believe in ghosts, apparitions or intelligent design for the most part, at least not the ones who discredit Sheldrake. If you don't know who Rupert Sheldrake is, with a little research you will see he is no goofball.  I agree with him science is delusional. They refuse to see what they don't want to see or what can't be explained. If it doesn't fit their theory, we get dark matter, black holes, string theory.

Edited by Murlin54, 30 January 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#1319    MrBene

MrBene

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

Science is delusional? Oh my.

Anyway, have all the people who actually see black shadows of people and old men wearing hats floating everywhere checked their heads lately? and I mean with a scanner. Are you 100% sure that you don't suffer a mental illness? and I mean verified by a certificated doctor (this doesn´t include your local shaman, spiritual guide, hippie friend or sorcerer).

I remember a local girl in my city that claimed many paranormal things happening in her house and she was diagnosed with a mental illness and there was nothing paranormal occuring, just in her head. The brain is tricky.

PS: Check your heads. Seriously. Even though you're not seeing unicorns floating there may be something wrong with you.

Edited by MrBene, 30 January 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#1320    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,377 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

View PostRoccafella, on 30 January 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

Why dont you say? I want to see an ghost or alien and I can guarantee you will see something unbelievably out of the ordinary . B4 dis year over wit ...

They tried that over a year ago: How do I invite evil spirits to my home? - Spiritualism & Mediumship - Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users