Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Who is this Antichrist?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#46    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

I am a Christian, and I understand many don't like that. .

• 4,834 posts

• "You'll know them by their fruits."

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 February 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

Could that also be seen as a warning of sorts... to warn people that if they claim to be Christ like or very close to Christ, building religions ( multi faiths)  around Christ, that can make you feel at one with it and on the other hand create chaos for millions over decades through time... KNOWING this could happen, and KNOWING that many will use it as a weapon to hurt and kill through out time itself...but the trick is to make so many feel it is right KNOWING that they are doomed for following false prophets and men of god?
Trickery is just that powerful...and the trickiest part is to make you feel it must be right and if anyone tries to tell you its a trick or it's wrong, they are at one with satan, so ignore them and carry on....trick??

( not yelling on the CAPS word - knowing... just laying the emphasis)

Well, I think that the Epistles and the Gospels stand firm on, at a minimum, four issues:  The Divinity of Christ, The Humanity of Christ, The Death of Christ, and the Resurrection of Christ and how they relate to the Gospel mankind's salvation.  (JESUS means GOD IS SALVATION)

Those that have misled people in the past and continue to usually give variations or relegations to at least one of those four issues.  For example, say that a man said that Christ was not a human, but only a spirit.  What that means is that Christ didn't suffer for our sins, that no punishment was truly given, and that we are not truly saved from our sins.  It also discredits God's creation of the flesh, counting it as though it did not matter or was never good (making God out to be a liar.)  Simple disagreements with the Gospel can have eternal implications.  Antichrist's who mislead people with doctrine don't only lead people to temporal peril, but spiritual peril.

Many of the antichrist's that Jesus spoke of were a danger in one of those two ways.  Jesus warned His Apostles that they should not follow men who claimed to be political Christ's, because they would have led them to shelter within Jerusalem in 66 CE, get slaughtered by the Romans in 70 CE, and stop the spread of the Gospel of mankind's salvation through the generations.  See?

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#47    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

View PostBluefinger, on 18 February 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

Well, I think that the Epistles and the Gospels stand firm on, at a minimum, four issues:  The Divinity of Christ, The Humanity of Christ, The Death of Christ, and the Resurrection of Christ and how they relate to the Gospel mankind's salvation.  (JESUS means GOD IS SALVATION)

Those that have misled people in the past and continue to usually give variations or relegations to at least one of those four issues.  For example, say that a man said that Christ was not a human, but only a spirit.  What that means is that Christ didn't suffer for our sins, that no punishment was truly given, and that we are not truly saved from our sins.  It also discredits God's creation of the flesh, counting it as though it did not matter or was never good (making God out to be a liar.)  Simple disagreements with the Gospel can have eternal implications.  Antichrist's who mislead people with doctrine don't only lead people to temporal peril, but spiritual peril.

Many of the antichrist's that Jesus spoke of were a danger in one of those two ways.  Jesus warned His Apostles that they should not follow men who claimed to be political Christ's, because they would have led them to shelter within Jerusalem in 66 CE, get slaughtered by the Romans in 70 CE, and stop the spread of the Gospel of mankind's salvation through the generations.  See?

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying blue - to sum up - the religion itself- path to god... could be a trick....

Re-read my post again and you may see that is what I meant... the trickery, to make you feel it is right, but at the same time knowing it can cause so much chaos and hurt....also knowing that it's the wrong path...and tell you that if anyone tries to tell you it's the wrong path, then its the work of satan or demons..... that is what I meant

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#48    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

I am a Christian, and I understand many don't like that. .

• 4,834 posts

• "You'll know them by their fruits."

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:30 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 19 February 2011 - 12:12 AM, said:

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying blue - to sum up - the religion itself- path to god... could be a trick....

Re-read my post again and you may see that is what I meant... the trickery, to make you feel it is right, but at the same time knowing it can cause so much chaos and hurt....also knowing that it's the wrong path...and tell you that if anyone tries to tell you it's the wrong path, then its the work of satan or demons..... that is what I meant

I see.  I agree.  That could be with anything...even atheism.  I dont think I should live in fear of a belief.  That actually hinders learning, IMO.

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#49    StarChild 83

StarChild 83

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

• "The truth was forgotten long ago, now we just have our imaginations to fill in the blanks." StarChild 83

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:02 AM

Ive heard there is always one somewhere in the world at any point in time to be the "antichrist" when need be: Hitler, Hussein, Vader, etc etc.

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'" H.J. Simpson

#50    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:07 AM

View PostStarChild 83, on 19 February 2011 - 05:02 AM, said:

Ive heard there is always one somewhere in the world at any point in time to be the "antichrist" when need be: Hitler, Hussein, Vader, etc etc.
Every good story needs a villain, however strict adherence to Christian teaching would require you to love any personified " Antichrist ".

#51    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

View PostBluefinger, on 19 February 2011 - 04:30 AM, said:

I see.  I agree.  That could be with anything...even atheism.  I dont think I should live in fear of a belief.  That actually hinders learning, IMO.
I don't think it is with atheism...as its not exactly following a path that leads to a god of sorts...  and atheism hasn't caused so much wars and chaos like religions have done....no where near the ammount

#52    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

View PostFirestone66, on 15 February 2011 - 03:01 AM, said:

When I read the posts, it makes more and more sense that Antichrist is nothing more than non-believer of Jesus or Christ if you will. In today's world you are either antinuclear or for nuclear energy. Antichrist is not a singular term for one individual, but a label for any non-believer of Jesus being Christ in Christianity.  Some how Antichrist developed into an individual term.  I guess it's all perception, and the reason why there is thousands of variations of Christianity.
Firestone, you are right that Jesus never mentioned "antichrist" specifically; except maybe indirectly, in Scriptures such as Mat 24:4-5  "Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."   

As has been posted earlier in this thread, Scriptures in the First letter of John (1 John chapter two, verses 18-19 and 22) explain what is meant by "antichrist" -- antichrist is a person who denies the Father and the Son.

Looking at the above Scriptures it seems that there was no shortage of such "antichrists" in John's time (and presumably throughout history): "... even now there are many antichrists" (v. 18). Note that when John writes about them he is referring to individuals who once were part of the believers, *but*, "... they went out from us ..." (v. 19).

In verse 22 John clarifies his meaning: "He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son".

Apart from this generic meaning of the word "antichrist", John also refers to one specific individual who will be *the* antichrist: 1Jn 2:18  "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come." Who that person may be, and when he will appear is open for debate; but John obviously thought that this specific "antichrist" would appear on the world scene shortly before the return of Jesus ... but that is another line of discussion. :tu:

#53    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

from my understanding, the term 'christ' means messiah. it is not jesus's last name. so jesus is really jesus the christ.
the anti - christ would be anyone who is not the messiah or against the messiah.
they don't have to be evil or magical or mystical, or even necessarily powerful

#54    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:48 PM

View PostKarlis, on 19 February 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

Firestone, you are right that Jesus never mentioned "antichrist" specifically; except maybe indirectly, in Scriptures such as Mat 24:4-5  "Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."   

As has been posted earlier in this thread, Scriptures in the First letter of John (1 John chapter two, verses 18-19 and 22) explain what is meant by "antichrist" -- antichrist is a person who denies the Father and the Son.

Looking at the above Scriptures it seems that there was no shortage of such "antichrists"

Looking at the scriptures from which bible version Karlis? it's just you never noted / posted??........as we all know there are so many different versions..

Cheers :tu:

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 19 February 2011 - 05:14 PM.

#55    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,986 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix, ******** can't be.

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

View PostBluefinger, on 19 February 2011 - 04:30 AM, said:

But what have you learned by excepting a belief, other then you have agreed to a pat answer.

I think BM brings  in a great point the path itself  could  be the trick, at best you are assuming the 'true' based on hearsay.

#56    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

View PostSherapy, on 19 February 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

But what have you learned by excepting a belief, other then you have agreed to a pat answer.

I think BM brings  in a great point the path itself  could  be the trick, at best you are assuming the 'true' based on hearsay.

I became convinced the bible path and others like it could well be a trick...due to the chaos it has caused...and how so many show hate, anger amongst other things... Too many make up excuses saying - everyone is not perfect, but if you are so true to a saviour like Jesus, and you strive to live up to him, then your inner nature would differ and there wouldn't be a hateful, spiteful bone in your body...as you would have proven it does work.......

I have yet to meet a person like that

#57    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,986 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix, ******** can't be.

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:59 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 19 February 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

I became convinced the bible path and others like it could well be a trick...due to the chaos it has caused...and how so many show hate, anger amongst other things... Too many make up excuses saying - everyone is not perfect, but if you are so true to a saviour like Jesus, and you strive to live up to him, then your inner nature would differ and there wouldn't be a hateful, spiteful bone in your body...as you would have proven it does work.......

I have yet to meet a person like that

IMO it's a demonstration of  ignorance(the truly  not knowing kind ) to accept  on hearsay anything, other then temporarily, on the condition it proves itself out.

Of course concluding it is a trick is more then reasonable, if one is to look at the over  exploited loophole  called "faith."

Edited by Sherapy, 19 February 2011 - 07:59 PM.

#58    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:39 AM

Nothing is ever set in stone for all time, is it, including the notion that nothing is ever set in stone for all time, and if you can get your head around that concept, you are a better man than me, or telling fibs.

#59    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

Bieber is the antichrist!! Death to Bieber!!

Edited by SpiderCyde, 20 February 2011 - 09:29 AM.

#60    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

View PostSpiderCyde, on 20 February 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

Bieber is the antichrist!! Death to Bieber!!

If you mean that little annoying kid, with a hairsyle that looks as if he was standing with his back to a large fan....and sings the one lyric over and over.screaching like a girl...getting little girls as young as my Becky to pause the tv when he comes on to screach over the mic...and kiss his image on tv........Justin (screach a lyric) Bieber??

If so..well he sounds ls high pitched and screachy....I can't wait to see the looks on the little girls face when he reaches puberty...he will never be heard of again. no one will want to hear him again..LOL :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users