Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Invisible Beam to Break Up Prison Fights

Karlis

The AID directs an energy beam, which is in the invisible millimeter wavelength, that penetrates just deep enough beneath the skin to make the target's pain receptors shout. The sensation is a burn like touching a hot stove or an iron.It only lasts up to 3 seconds – the AID controls automatically shut the beam off to prevent shooting for longer without resetting the trigger finger. arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WoIverine

• DontHate

• Javril

• Cryptozological Mascot

I see 2 problems with this

1)Every person has a diffrent pain tolerance

2)Abuse (ie:Torture device)

The devices can penetrate clothing and the pain tolerance issue is quickly overcome by the sensation of ones skin being set ablaze. This wouldn't be considered any more abusive then CO's using rubber bullets and stun devices and the beam would be far more effective then current methods.

Hmm, I don't think this will be that much of a deterrent. If I know something is ultimately not going to hurt me, eventhough it does hurt, I can block a lot of the pain out. Also, inmate 1's desire to kill inmate 2 might be greater than his desire to give into the pain? Then if he's just crazy anyway, his brain / pain receptor function might not even come into play at all. Who knows.

It seems to me like they need to stick with the $.30cent rubber bullets and quit wasting tax payers money on Multi-million dollar TOY's! A little ridiculous , don't you think?

Looks more like a crowd control device, it's to big wo walk around with. If they shrink it down in the future, that will be something. We will have laser contol debates.

Hmm, I don't think this will be that much of a deterrent. If I know something is ultimately not going to hurt me, eventhough it does hurt, I can block a lot of the pain out. Also, inmate 1's desire to kill inmate 2 might be greater than his desire to give into the pain? Then if he's just crazy anyway, his brain / pain receptor function might not even come into play at all. Who knows.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how effective the device really is.

I would not be quick to dismiss it's effectiveness, the heat that is felt is very real and very painful just non-damaging to the target, the technology is just a miniaturized version of the system the military originally had developed. http://www.military-heat.com/31/microwave-heatray-weapon-unveiled-military/

The plan for it's use in prisons is for it to be installed in inmate gathering areas where it will have the greatest use. I'm certain the military is developing a smaller more personal version as well, although I doubt we will be seeing that for a few years due to a lack of advancement in battery capabilities.

Hmmm, why invest so much money into not harming them (they're criminals anyways, yeesh)? It'd probably be cheaper to just zap them with a laser, or a ceiling mounted large taser or something. I can guarantee they'd learn really fast not to mess around that way too. lol

Psyk: awesome avatar as usual man! :tu:

Edited by SpiderCyde

Hmmm, why invest so much money into not harming them (they're criminals anyways, yeesh)? It'd probably be cheaper to just zap them with a laser, or a ceiling mounted large taser or something. I can guarantee they'd learn really fast not to mess around that way too. lol

Psyk: awesome avatar as usual man! :tu:

Yeah i agree, **EDIT** em. Why not make the floor in the main hall/room whatever where they all gather for an hour a day or what ever metal and have it electrified at the first hint of trouble, snd em all to the floor twitching :P muhahaha

**Language filters are there for a reason, Olly**

Edited by aquatus1

If the idea of this device is to break up fights then it may work. Prevent them? No way. Prisoners will just factor the AID into their plans of attack before launching their assaults.

Edited by Evilution13

It would be kind of funny if one prisoner used another as a pain shield for an invisible laser gun, I could see some serious hijinx there. LOL!

Edited by SpiderCyde

These will be mounted on federal buildings to get rid of protesting crowds. I guarantee it.

Why not implant each prisoner and target the one it's suppose to stop.. wait it was done in Fortress and Connor Macleod found a way out anyway.. :rofl:

These will be mounted on federal buildings to get rid of protesting crowds. I guarantee it.

That a big problem where you're from, the weekly protests at the nearest available federal building?

You see in the video the way everybody gets a kick out of watching the guys jump when the beam hits them?

I've known many cops and they love messing with prisoners (turning off the phone while they're talking, that sort of thing). I can see a device like this becoming the station entertainment with a cluster of cops standing around cracking up while one guy zaps prisoner after prisoner.

At least with the rubber bullets, you can't shoot them for kicks because sooner or later somebody says, "Why the hell do you guys keep running out of rubber bullets?".

Waste of money... they should just get those exploding collars into play...

Rubber and Bean Bag rounds do have an inherent risk to their use. During a training seminar I was given the opportunity to fire a shotgun loaded with bean bag rounds at a ballistics gel torso. The round penetrated 1 1/2 inches at 20 ft, you get that in the neck and you die. With this there is no injury from the weapon, just secondary injuries from falling.

Edited by Javril

It seems to me like they need to stick with the $.30cent rubber bullets and quit wasting tax payers money on Multi-million dollar TOY's! A little ridiculous , don't you think?

Yup. Even if deployed at privately ran prisons the taxpayer eventually picks up the tab for this frivolous crap.

I suspect its more for experimentation, developing military and crowd control tactics.

No matter what they say I do not believe for a second its creating all that pain without doing at least some physical damage.

The implications of this type of weaponry are rather disturbing, I think. Although probably not mounted on federal buildings, the potential for use and abuse by law enforcement and the government are obvious.